zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
Please keep in mind that this is a sensitive subject
Probably one of the most sensitive ones

I didn't have intercourse when I was a minor but tbh I probably would have if I was in a relationship at the time

Regardless of one's perspective, I feel this sort of thing occurs more than many people would like to admit

Are things fine as they are?

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
No it's not wrong and the best thing you can do is give proper sexual education from an early age

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
Kids been fucking since forever and you're not going to stop them. As long as safe sex is promoted, I don't see the problem in it.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Why does this thread have a spoiler tag?

Also kids are gonna fuck each other. Just educate them.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Are things fine as they are?
In the sense that teenagers, fuelled by hormones, have wanted to have sex with one another forever, and will continue to want to do so forever? Yes, that's fine and natural.

In the sense that a lot of societies pretend that doesn't happen, and do a terrible job of sex education, leaving those hormone-fuelled teenagers to make mistakes with lifelong implications that could have been avoided through greater openness? No, things aren't fine.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Teens fuck dude. It's a thing that happens. Best you can do is educate and be honest and open about it

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Trying to stop teens from fucking is like trying to stop the sun from coming up. Just make sure they have access to the best possible knowledge and tools they need to be safe about it.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
A Weekend Era thread on Monday?
tenor.gif

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Of course not. There's nothing remotely problematic about it, and frustrating that the fact that so many still frame it that way is what makes it difficult to provide resources and information to make sure it's as safe as possible when in inevitably still happens.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Teenagers fuck. Always have, always will. Trying to regulate/control that is an exercise in futility. Sex education and easy access to contraception is the best we can do.

Sexual education and not just about body changes or protection but practicing manners, body language, sexual orientation and much more.
Everyone going to do it but at least what can be don't is what they should know so they have a better idea of what going to happen.

Oct 27, 2017
Just teach them to protect themselves and the weight of the action.

They will do it anyway so you might as well teach them to protect themselves.

Heraldic

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I feel that the last thing we need is more legislation, or laws inacted in this area of sex and youth regardless of ones views on this. Why? Because we already have so many ways that we currently incarcerate our youth. It's a dead end road that leads to nothing but a death sentence for their future.

I've seen this time and time again when I've dealt with 18 year old males in the TX prison system with extraordinary long sentences, essentially being raised by other more ruthless, serious male Offenders. I've witnessed them grow up incarcerated right before my eyes with me being the only stable individual in their lives they come across. It's beyond sad and tragic.

Yes, I understand the sympathies, but we are incapable of balance from my experience in our judicial system. At least in TX where the only solution seems to be lock them up, and throw away the key.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Teenagers do infact want to fuck. Just let them, as it's completely natural.

But as others have mentioned proper education is needed.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Preventing teenagers from having sex, or making them afraid to, is a great way to cause long-lasting psychological damage to people.

Teenagers should receive detailed and varied sex education so they can make the right decision for themselves and safe decisions overall for the mutual benefit of them and their partners. Abstinence is a perfectly valid choice for anyone to practice but it is not and should not be their only option.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
You ain't gonna stop teens from fuckin

Good sex education, access to contraceptives, etc., I guess to just reiterate the general response of the thread.

Also, I believe that young people are having less casual sex than they were like 20 years ago

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was going to be a joke thread.

Anyways, it's fine as long as they're practicing safe sex & healthy relationships.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Educate them on it. Something that absolutely has to be done is to STOP prosecuting minors for possessing images of girlfriends/boyfriends or themselves. There are literally minors who have been put on the sex offenders register for having naked pics of themselves. It is a flaw in the law.

Also, whilst we are at it. Grown men 25+ years old need to stop dating teens. It is creepy. Shame them. They need to be shamed. Hate seeing a 25+ year old man with an 18 year old girlfriend. Just seems so creepy to me.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yes it's perfectly fine. Everybody fucked at my school and they are all well adjusted adults. Just ensure sex education is done from an early age and the age gap is not ignored.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
teach safe and consensual sex education in school and its none of our larger publics business.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Also, whilst we are at it. Grown men 25+ years old need to stop dating teens. It is creepy. Shame them. They need to be shamed. Hate seeing a 25+ year old man with an 18 year old girlfriend. Just seems so creepy to me.
Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done about that. I too find it creepy, especially after this rich guy once told me the rule is "half your age, + 7" for the youngest you can go smh.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
What? Who has a problem with that, what would the alternative look like? These minors are going to have sex whether you want it or not. Best to make sure they do it in the most educated and safest way possible.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Problematic? No. What's important is teaching them safe sex and what not. You ain't gonna stop teens from fucking and there is no reason to stop them if they're being safe. Trying to stop them only makes it more likely they will go about it the wrong way.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done about that. I too find it creepy, especially after this rich guy once told me the rule is "half your age, + 7" for the youngest you can go smh.

Indeed. I don't even have a problem with an age gap like 30 and 40, but there is just something so very creepy about somebody 25 with a teenager. The teenager often will not understand until they reach their mid to late 20s and start viewing 18 year olds as basically kids. Never once have I seen a 25 year old man hanging around with 18 year old men, but I often see them with 18 year old women. Just weird and always annoys me how normalised it is among many people.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
No it's fine.

Infact I'd say unless you are bound by your faith or beliefs...it's important to get first experience of relationship, sex and hearbreak out of the way in teenage/high school years, simply because it's usually a learning experience rather than lasting experience and these things hit the hardest when it's your first time. However if you have these experiences for the first time in your 20s then it can eat up a lot of your time and energy during a phase in life that demands attention to things like learning to adult etc. I say this as someone who took his sweet time with both these things and I don't really feel like I gained anything from doing so but lost a lot of time being unhappy because it was my first time.

Daria

Oct 25, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Give them prosper sex education, make sure there are of legal age (both minors or both adults) and there's nothing wrong with it.

Situations like these are what gets innocent people put on registries for life. This entire area of law and policy needs to be rewritten.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Not problematic, it's part of growing up and being a human. Just make sure they have good sex education re: STDs and pregnancies.

Really don't understand the thread tbh.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
There is a more nuanced (and uncomfortable) discussion, depending on the specific age difference. A 12/13 year old with a 17/18 year old is going to get an eyebrow raise from me.

Power/maturity imbalance and all

Those are cases are outliers. Just educate teens about safety and concent, give them access to birth control, and let them live.

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
Only problem I saw in my area when I was 15-16 was the complete lack of education about the subject. I went to a small high school every year you saw 4 or 5 girls pregnant.

There needs to be extensive sex education and guidance about consent. If you have that then theres no problem.

I had a boyfriend at that age I thought he would be my first and when the moment presented itself something felt off and I didnt do anything. At age 22 I was with my ex and still a virgin but when that moment presented itself there was no hesitation.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
No it's not wrong and the best thing you can do is give proper sexual education from an early age
and /thread.

Minors have been having sex since the days that there were minors on this planet, and will continue to do so forever.

You could make it illegal and slap the death penalty on it, and it would still happen every god damned day.