Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
That graphic feels a little misleading cause I assume a lot of the south/west are already hitting those temperatures. Good thing I like the heat.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Looks like we'll be cracking 90 here next week, the heat has just finally started ramping up for the season (PNW)

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know...don't tell me. It's 77f where I am and I hate it already
Nah I like it.

I'm fairly new to the region and while I can appreciate the mild climate it is nice to be able to do water activities. And it's pretty rough doing them when all the natural water bodies here come from glacial melt water.

But when its 80+ and sunny, diving into a river or lake (or alpine lake)
69019122_10162076278705704_2221719181299023872_n.jpg

Is pretty awesome

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Just look at all of fucking Ohio in this shit. I live too far north for this temperature!!!!

OP
OP
fluffydelusions
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's a pretty nice heat here in Lacey-Olympia, would be nice to go to the beach but sadly....
Hello fellow Thurston county resident. You should go to one of the nearby lakes. I like the park over at Black lake to go swimming at. Not usually very crowded. I've been to long lake in lacey last year a couple times but it's always so packed

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Our air conditioner has been broken and won't be repaired until Monday.

I grew up without AC for many years in Mississippi. A quick tip is to get a plastic bin or tub (or an actual footbath if you have one) and put cool water in it. Sit with your feet in that off and on; it really cools your overall temp down, and you can change the water out as it warms.

OP
OP
fluffydelusions
Oct 25, 2017
Nah I like it.

I'm fairly new to the region and while I can appreciate the mild climate it is nice to be able to do water activities. And it's pretty rough doing them when all the natural water bodies here come from glacial melt water.

Is pretty awesome
Where is this?

Oct 25, 2017
I've experience the heatwave for the first time in Ontario and I'll never want to experience it again.

Just to be clear, I lived outside of US.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah I like it.

Is pretty awesome

Where is this at?

Hello fellow Thurston county resident. You should go to one of the nearby lakes. I like the park over at Black lake to go swimming at. Not usually very crowded. I've been to long lake in lacey last year a couple times but it's always so packed

Yeah long lake is usually where I go to seen it's the closet to me but I'm not going there during this time with how pack it can be lol. I definitely should go to black lake soon.

Usually I go camping around this time like at Fairholme near Lake Crescent. Love that area, or just barbecue at the little beach in Steliacoom.

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where is this at?

Yeah long lake is usually where I go to see it's the closet to me but I dare not to go there during this time with how pack it can be. I definitely should go to black lake soon.

Usually I go camping around this time like at Fairholme near Lake Crescent. Love that area.

Somewhere on the way to Tolmie Peak around Mt Rainier. Fantastic hike in the mt rainier area that avoids the packed paradise/sunrise lots. One of the best bang for your buck hikes too. Its fairly easy and the view is insane at the top (where theres a fire lookout)

amazing-view-of-mt-rainier.jpg

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
*laughs in Orlando sweat*

I am inside AC all day long. Screw the electric bill for now haha

OP
OP
fluffydelusions
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere on the way to Tolmie Peak around Mt Rainier. Fantastic hike in the mt rainier area that avoids the packed paradise/sunrise lots. One of the best bang for your buck hikes too. Its fairly easy and the view is insane at the top (where theres a fire lookout)

Is the Mt. Rainier area still closed?

JohnsonUT

Oct 27, 2017

Wow. I may need to make the drive for that.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
DC just ended a 20 day streak of days 90+. Second longest streak ever. And like the next seven days will also be 90+.

Clydefrog

Oct 25, 2017
Hawaii

ahh, I did this same hike when I visited Seattle in 2008! same lake pic!

2FHQpEU.jpg

uaiKJs1.png

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
As someone who hates the heat I don't know how I'll manage once climate change really kicks in. This is nothing compared to what's coming.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
looking at the week outlook it seems i won't get anything over 80 in my city in LA.