Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I thought this was pretty neat

Normally it's not organized, as below gif shows

GargantuanSpeedyGelding-size_restricted.gif

I hope these practices are still in effect after Covid is gone but it seems unlikely.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Man that is just hypnotizing. I saw a video on the pilgrimage and its just insane how many people go. The logistics of it all and the sheer number of people is mesmerizing but also over the top claustrophobic. And I don't even mean the actual encircling, but the people on the highways and just camping out everywhere.

Seeing it so empty is something else.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Oct 27, 2017
We'll be going back to the bottom gif if and when the pandemic's over, I bet.

Is hajj still restricted to locals currently, btw?

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
We'll be going back to the bottom gif if and when the pandemic's over, I bet.

Is hajj still restricted to locals currently, btw?
No, the ministry of hajj eased restrictions and opened it to non Kingdom citizens. But they have Umrah registration numbers you need to obtain and meet specific criteria (age, covid test, etc).

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
My cousin found the hajj to be both spiritually enlightening and terrifying regarding trampling. This seems far more pleasent.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
I hope these practices are still in effect after Covid is gone but it seems unlikely.

If only, but truthfully, there are more than a billion muslims worldwide, and even before the restrictions every year the mosque and the other Hajj locations are filled to the brim and the number of pilgrims had to be restricted. Trying to keep these practices post Covid will decrease the number of pilgrims by far more than 50%. Hajj permits are limited, and Hajj companies already charge an arm and a leg (I'm sure they differ from country to country, but the ones I saw in the US were pretty expensive) and they'll probably charge double if the supply is cut by half and the demand increases, and although you could go without one (I did) it's not an easy option especially if you don't know what do there.

What's in the black building?

Some say it's a Meteorite

The meteorite is outside, it's built into one of the corners and can be seen and touched while circling the Kabaa (the black cube). The inside is just empty with a few pillars.

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt it will be but I really hope so. Every time someone from my family go there I get worried. Just one person walking wrong could cause death.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
So it's basically a constantly moving, spiral "queue" to get into the Kaaba?

It does remind me a bit of the final 'battle' between Townsfolk, Indians and the Cavalry in Luky Luke - "Daisy Town" 😅

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing.

Wonder if things will ever truly get back to 'normal' there for Haj. Everyone who has done it already pre-pandemic dont realise how lucky they are!

Discontent

May 25, 2018

Amazing video about the Kaaba/Hajj even though the guy doubles down on Zionism in the end lmao. For Muslims it's just more clear proof that we worship in the same way as all the Prophets but even for the non Muslims it's certainly an interesting watch.

...and Abraham fell on his face and prayed...Genesis 17:3
...Moses and Aaron fell on their faces and prayed...Numbers 20:6
...and Joshua fell on his face and prayed
...Joshua 5:14
...and Jesus fell on his face and prayed... Matthew 26:39

887db6998c9d94a0de46e5fbc8482919.jpg

khabib-sujood-ash-shukr.png

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
I miss this place so much. I'm in tears just looking at it. Remember walking into the mosque and seeing the Kaabah and thinking about how symbolic it is - Gravity and unity. We all gravitate our prayers, our hearts in that direction. It's just a black building with nothing magical but the symbolism - no matter what race, colour, wealth we have, we all pray in that direction and our hearts gravitate longing to be there.

dheophe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.geologypage.com

What is the Black Stone of Mecca? What is the type of Black Stone? | Geology Page

What is the Black Stone of Mecca "Al-Ḥajaru al-Aswad" ? What is the type of Black Stone? "Meteor Impact or Volcanic Lava?" What is the Black Stone (Hajar al Aswad) made of? What is the name of the black stone in Mecca? What is the black stone in Mecca made of? What is inside of the Kaaba in Mecca?
The sad think, I think during covid you can't kiss hajar aswad.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Is their significance to the white outfits vs the black outfits?
White cloth is called ihram. It's two piece clothing for men and when they wear it, they enter the state of ihram. They must complete the circling of Kaaba (tawaf) and the back and forth between the Safa and Marwa hills (called Sa'ee). Once these two tasks are done, the state of ihram is over and you can change your clothes. Women do the exact same thing, but need to cover in hijab and a loose garment. They also enter the state of ihram. The women are wearing what's called Abaya which is the black clothing you see. It has no religious significance, just that Saudi laws require it (to an extent).

Hope that helped!

jeelybeans

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the Muslim community can put pressure on Saudi. As a Muslim Americans I'm not comfortable with the ease of restriction yet.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
White cloth is called ihram. It's two piece clothing for men and when they wear it, they enter the state of ihram. They must complete the circling of Kaaba (tawaf) and the back and forth between the Safa and Marwa hills (called Sa'ee). Once these two tasks are done, the state of ihram is over and you can change your clothes. Women do the exact same thing, but need to cover in hijab and a loose garment. They also enter the state of ihram. The women are wearing what's called Abaya which is the black clothing you see. It has no religious significance, just that Saudi laws require it (to an extent).

Hope that helped!
It does, thanks.