DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
In the original Judas Contract comic, it was established that Terra who was 15 at the time, had a relationship with Slade...who was like in his forties/fifties and despite Slade being the obvious predator in this relationship, the intent was from the writers to make Terra look like a slut for being groomed and manipulated(yikes). Anyway, I hope DC has moved away and retconned it in the comics but Young Justice season 3 did it better where Slade acts like a twisted father figure towards her and this is a much better dynamic given what kind of character Slade is.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
I still have yet to read Judas Contract, but I dont think im gonna get to it anytime soon after reading that lol.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Yeahhh. Happy to see it avoided. I'll also be happy to never hear about the Judas Contract or Deathstroke again, since we've basically had like 3 adaptations of that story within 2 years or so? Titans Season 2, the Judas Contract animated adaptation, and then YJ Season 3.

NazoNazoXLR

Dec 20, 2019
I think Priest's Deathstroke helped prove you can have a dangerous but still subtly off-kilter Slade Wilson without also making him have sex with teen runaways, so there's no real reason to keep that bit of the lore around

To be honest, after reading a lot of Wolfman New Teen Titans, I'm kind of baffled by it. This is the book that competed with X-Men in the 80s? Pretty much everyone in it is insufferable except Starfire