Oct 26, 2017
This looks like a copy of CS:GO and Overwatch

reveal-reactora-valorant_91sz.1080.jpg

firstlook-creepcreep-valorant_h9c1.1080.jpg

firstlook-dragon-valorant_k5wb.1080.jpg

reveal-bsite-valorant_5f43.1080.jpg

More here https://sea.ign.com/riot-games-tactical-fps-tba/158294/gallery/valorant-hands-on?p=1

According to Slasher, previews are coming VERY soon

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This is literally Mirage A site lmao

ESCHrc3W4AA_cbN.jpg

Looks like đź’© , can't belive swag retired from CS:GO to play this LMAO (he's not getting unbanned from playing @ Valve events though so I kinda get it).

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm impressed by how much it looks like CSGO if you phase out that gun/character models

The color pallet is incredibly similar!

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
The visual style looks like it doesn't know if it wants to be CS or OW. Looks like one of those f2p mobile knockoffs.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The visual style looks like it doesn't know if it wants to be CS or OW. Looks like one of those f2p mobile knockoffs.
Yeah shit, this. I don't want to be super negative but this just looks soulless in a way. I feel a big part of the game looking like this though is so it can run on a multitude of systems. Sorta like League. This is the kind of game I'd imagine Riot would want to take off in places like Internet Cafes.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Looks way better in movement from what we've seen, it'll be interesting to get more details about it.
I like the style personally from what we can see.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah shit, this. I don't want to be super negative but this just looks soulless in a way. I feel a big part of the game looking like this though is so it can run on a multitude of systems. Sorta like League. This is the kind of game I'd imagine Riot would want to take off in places like Internet Cafes.

Overwatch is pretty scalable but the art direction is on point, this looks so dull.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
So pumped for this game. Its gonna be huge since riots behind it and its f2p.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Overwatch is pretty scalable but the art direction is on point, this looks so dull.
Yup. The funny thing is the actual gameplay looks kinda fresh from the little we've seen but I can't really shake the feeling that this is essentially a discount CS:GO/OW hybrid. The game's visuals make it look soooo cheap. This is the Combat Arms/Crossfire to Counter Strike: Source.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CS:GO is a game released in 2 0 1 2.

This is launching 8/9 years later and it's so dull looking.

CS is one of the biggest esports games in the world and has been around for the last 20 years with just about the same look and feel. Go being released in 2012 doesn't change that fact, it just proves my point even more.

These games aren't meant to look amazing. They are meant to be played on every single PC config ever made.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Looks fine. Combining CS style mechanics with fantasy elements hasn't been done much but is proven to work pretty well even if those games got overlooked like Shadowrun did.

Sorry I forgot this is Era - this looks like the worst game ever.

Seriously, it doesn't look the most original thing ever, but it's funny to watch this forum fall over one another to shit on this for being a combination of two things we don't often see combined then the same people wanking themselves silly over identikit open world game 49085298.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Why does every goddam new shooter have to look like a poor man's fortnite or overwatch knockoff art style wise?

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
CS is one of the biggest esports games in the world and has been around for the last 20 years with just about the same look and feel. Go being released in 2012 doesn't change that fact, it just proves my point even more.

These games aren't meant to look amazing. They are meant to be played on every single PC config ever made.

We are not talking about graphics but art direction.

OW is playable on a lot of PC Config and its art direction is on point, same goes to LOL which was made by RIOT.

Valorant art direction is awful, really awful.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I'd have to see it in action but visually it just looks....Bland, like it looks like a Chinese F2P multiplayer FPS.

I haven't played LoL in a while so I don't know if all those people are already champions but I also figured they would be using characters from the game and have it be crazy in a fun way. Like balancing Tristana vs Ashe sounds tough but you could do some fun and most importantly, unique things with that.