SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
If there's ever to be a Capcom Vs. SNK 3, what would you want the roster to be like? Personally, I hope that we get more variety of characters (especially on the Capcom side of the roster in which the majority are SF characters).

There's way more characters than ever before since the release of Capcom Vs. SNK 2, The King of Fighters 2000, Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 & 2, the Alpha/Zero series & the SF III series at the time CvS 2 was released, & that game was released in the Arcades back on August of 2001. That also includes more SF & KOF characters themselves who were introduced in SF IV & SF V, as well as from KOF 2001 to KOF XV now.

SNK could also some include characters on their roster from other fighters outside of KOF, such as the following (& some of them are even playable in NeoGeo Battle Coliseum):
  • 3 Count Bout
  • Aggressors of Dark Kombat
  • Kizuna Encounter
  • The Last Blade
  • Rage of the Dragons
  • Samurai Shodown
  • Savage Reign
  • World Heroes
Capcom can even also include characters on their roster outside of SF who were also appeared & were playable on other crossovers, too:
  • Capcom Fighting Evolution
  • Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 to Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite
  • Namco x Capcom
  • Project x Zone 1 & 2
  • Puzzle Fighter & Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom
Balance it out a bit. Include non-fighters from other series such as Metal Slug & Breath of Fire in this as well. And another thing, let SNK do the work on development this time around.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I definitely agree that a new title should be more than just "KoF Universe vs Street Fighter with Morrigan". This is one aspect of SvC: Chaos I liked was that they were willing to tap into anything for the roster which I think is a fun way to get more fan favorites in there.

With that said, I personally would just need Shermie and Juri on the roster when it comes to SF/KoF picks and of course Regina & Fio as the non-fighter picks.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Just go full-on obscure for at least half the cast. Like put in a character from that Kimi no Yusha RPG for DS that SNK made that nobody remembers.

Dec 23, 2017
I definitely agree that a new title should be more than just "KoF Universe vs Street Fighter with Morrigan". This is one aspect of SvC: Chaos I liked was that they were willing to tap into anything for the roster which I think is a fun way to get more fan favorites in there.

With that said, I personally would just need Shermie and Juri on the roster when it comes to SF/KoF picks and of course Regina & Fio as the non-fighter picks.

This and as much as I would love it to be 2D sprites like Capcom vs SNK 2, it'll most likely be 3D.

I just hope they go with something stylish and nice looking. ;)

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I do appreciate that CvS1 & 2 largely kept things localized to solely fighting game and beat 'em up IPs, but I definitely wouldn't mind both companies diving deeper into their vast array of IP for a hypothetical CvS3.

If CvS1 & 2 were celebrations of each company's fighting game IP, I'd want a third game to be a monument to both Capcom and SNK's long and storied arcade history. Capcom kinda did that in MvC1; With the exception of Megaman & Roll, pretty much all of the Capcom characters in the game, be it playable or assist were solely from their arcade games.

Gimme shit like the the dude from Magician Lord or the plant thingy from Battle Circuit.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I love CvS but the Capcom side of the roster suuuuucks. I need more franchises than just SF.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
I just want character to have their current modern design. Like dont give me dmc3 dante again. Also please drop the sf2 characters. Its one thing to have the roster be mostly sf characters but it sucks way more when most are from sf2.
Also SpaceCrystal you forgot Maki was technically not in SF when cvs2 came out.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Thinking about this game happening kinda bums me out because I have to accept that it would be 3D rather than pixel art and I can't imagine it could match the overall style present in CvSNK2 regardless. That game is so good.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I just want the cvs2 roster please. It was perfect.
Add to it dante/vergil from capcom and K'/shingo from Snk and i will reach the moon.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Here's the thing, there were significant people not in the game that were prominent even then. And with more games under their belt it will only be harder. I'll

Capcom:

Final Fight
Cody
Poison

Street Fighter
Ryu
Ken
Sagat
Akuma
Chun-Li
Guile
Zangief
Honda
Dhalsim
Blanka
Cammy
Balrog
Vega
Bison
Sakura
Dan
Alex
Elena
Makoto
Juri
C. Viper
Rashid
Menat

Darkstalkers:
Morrigan
Felicia

Rival Schools
Batsu

Strider

Edward Falcon

SNK

Fatal Fury:
Terry
Andy
Joe
Mai
Blue Mary
Ryuji
Kim
Geese

Art of Fighting
Ryo
Robert
Yuri
King
Mr. Karate

King of Fighters:
Kyo
Benimaru
Daimon
Rugal
Iori
Chizuru
Shingo
K'
Kula
Angel
Ash

Ikari Warriors
Clark
Ralf

Athena

Samurai Showdown
Haohmaru
Nakoruru

Hibiki

Rock Howard

Last edited:

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I was always kinda wild to me that Team Ikari missed out on CvS2

But honestly I could take any roster CvS3 could throw at me if they kept the cool aesthetics and sound effects/music style from CvS2

The007JiM

Oct 25, 2017
A new reinvented. C,a,p,s,n,k styles to open more freedom and creativity.
Also Maki needs to be back.

Zapages

Oct 28, 2017
I would say build upon the cast of CvsS2 and add 40 or 50 more characters. I.e. Basically everyone aka a true dream match :)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'd like a wider array of Capcom characters, not specifically fighting game focused. Though if CvS3 would be alongside another major Versus game, I'd be more open to a fighting game focused CvS3.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I'd love some Metal Slug characters on SNK's part in their original sprite work + animations since we got Mr. Game & Watch in Smash.

e37a0cde960e29670a4cee24f70dbccb2600cb58_hq.gif

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Give me Hibiki, Rock Howard and the sprite editor from part 2 and I'd be happy af tbh. If it can go off the wall with like what SvC chaos did with roster expansions in that vein (deep cut roster additions) that'd be grand too.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I mostly just want to fight SFvKOF in a CvS game. Give me the weird roster in an SvC sequel.

Oct 25, 2017
I actually would prefer the roster just being SF vs KoF, it would help the roster have a lot more focus than just throwing the kitchen sink in like MvC and having a bunch of characters I don't care about or tons of questionable picks made because a franchise can only be represented by so many characters. All anybody cares about is Ryu and Chun Li vs Terry and Kyo anyway. Plus I'd like to see the SF characters be split into teams KoF-style and have rivalries with corresponding teams.

Samus95

Jun 18, 2020
A more niche roster form Capcom side the likes of Regina, Zack & Wiki and so on

I mean i suppose that can work with SNK instead of Marvel/Disney

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK here's mine;

Capcom

Ryu
Chun Li
Alex
Sakura
Rashid
Morrigan
Hsien-Ko
B.B. Hood
Leon Kennedy
Claire Redfield
Vergil
Lady
Edward Falcon
Monster Hunter

Boss: Shin Akuma

SNK

Terry
Geese
Rock
Ryo
Eiji
Kasumi
Kyo
Leona
K'
Shermie
Hibiki
Setsuna
Marco
Fio

Boss: Omega Rugal

Oct 26, 2017
The issue with representing a lot of series is that you very easily get just the main character of each, which is inevitably Guy With Fireball and Dragon Punch. That's one of the problems with Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum in terms of gameplay, and with Tatsunoko vs Capcom in terms of the Tatsunoko character designs. And if you include additional characters, you get a super bloated roster.

Ideally I'd like them to pick a varied cast across all kinds of games, but instead of by default picking, say, Zangief as the Capcom heavy they'd have a mini Blodia or something. Definitely don't just get the 17 SF2 guys in there. For all its flaws, Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution had an interesting roster.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
No Morrigan. This is a list of what people want to see, and I'm telling you what I don't want to see.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I would assume it would be a vastly smaller roster since they wouldn't be able to rely on reusing tons of sprites.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
I'd want less Street Fighter characters but I'd prefer if Capcom sticks to their fighting game IPs like Plasma Sword, Cyberbots, Rival Schools, Red Earth, Darkstalkers, and Power Stone.

I really don't want Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, or Monster Hunter characters. To me that would be boring.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I would love Capcom adding other characters like the Resident Evil and DMC crew, but sadly it will showcase how one dimensional has been SNK from most of its existence, so I would be happy if Capcom at least used characters from their most obscure fighting games

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
I'm obviously alone in this but I'd rather a CVS3 to be an extension of CVS2 so primarily SF (plus expanded universe) vs KOF (plus expanded universe). I'd rather over the top/out there picks to be in a faster paced over the top games like the marvel series