If all Bethesda games are exclusive how does this effect your purchasing decision?

• It doesn't, Im already (or planned to be)in the "Xbox Ecosystem" and play these on Xbox/PC

Votes: 1,618 56.1%
  • I wasn't planning on buying an Xbox but I think I will to play these games

Votes: 245 8.5%
  • I wasn't planning on buying an buying or upgrading a PC but I think I will to play these games

Votes: 84 2.9%
  • I will buy a PS5 and skip these games

Votes: 770 26.7%
  • I wasn’t planning on it but might consider using Xcloud/Game Pass to play these.

Votes: 165 5.7%

• Total voters

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So we still have no idea what Microsoft Plans are here but I personally feel based on everything I've read since then that games like Elder Scrolls Online and Fallout 76 and any future content from those games will move forward with a PS5 release but everything else will likely be exclusive to the Xbox Ecosystem (Windows/Xbox I think we can assume Steam here as well))..

Let's say that's the case, I'm really curious how much that will move the needle here.... so how does this effect your purchasing decisions down the road?

Oct 27, 2017
I've already been in the PC/Xbox ecosystem so it doesn't make a difference for me. I would have preferred if MS just set up new studios with new IPs since that's more interesting to me as a gamer but yeah, I can see why they bought a publisher with such clout.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
It doesn't. If the games are good when they come out in a few years, I'll either buy an Xbox or play on PC but for now I'm still just getting a PS5.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't effect me. I'm already in the ecosystem.

It'll just give me a reason to actually play the console more.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
This, combined with the general approach Microsoft seems to be taking lately, seems to be enough for me to purchase a Series X or S sometime next year.

Haven't been thrilled with Bethesda's recent output, but I've seen what they're capable of.

Edit - Oh, and Game Pass, of course.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Doesn't really since I already per-ordered both. Presumably a lot of core people would opt to play those titles on PC anyway, but I'm sure casuals will be bummed they can't play TES, DOOM, Etc. on PS5.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fallout is a (real)joke now, most recent Bethesda games underperformed. who knows maybe elderscrolls ends up as a joke aswell.

Mar 8, 2018
I feel like most people here either own a PC or own multiple consoles, so this one decision won't really shake many Era users. This is an enthusiast forum after all

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
This and Game Pass enticed me to return to Xbox. The potential power difference and controller preference may lead to it being where I play all future multi-plats.

Oct 24, 2019
Need a poll option that says "wasn't planning on getting Xcloud/Game Pass, but might consider it to play these games"

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Bethesda as a whole houses some of my all-time favourite gaming franchises. I already own a PC so nothing really changes but if I were a console user, I would be buying a Series X.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Not at all because I look at my game shelf and notice all my Bethesda releases were always purchase on the Xbox family. In fact I think the only games I own from them on the Playstation are PS+ releases.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Doom eternal was great and I'll miss id games, but after fallout 4 soured the series for me and the online was just more of the same, I couldn't give a shit about that anymore and I never cared for TES. I don't lose much

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Looking back, I've never purchased a Zenimax game on console (plenty on PC) so this doesn't affect my habits at all.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I always played Bethesda games on PC so it doesn't affect anything for me or my future PS5 purchase.

Frag Waffles

Apr 7, 2018
Already looking into building a new PC.

These games are fairly important as I thoroughly enjoyed Fallout 4, Dishonored 1 and 2 and Doom on my PS4.
But this is only one of of reasons on top of many.

amardilo

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Doesn't affect me.

I was already getting an Xbox and have a OK PC. Only thing it does is mean that I can keep my Game Pass subscription and not have to spend the extra cash on buying Bethesda Games.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like most people here either own a PC or own multiple consoles, so this one decision won't really shake many Era users. This is an enthusiast forum after all
Yup.

But...if I wasn't gonna get one, this may have been more of a reason.

I already planned on getting a Series X before the acquisition, for Scorn and Hellblade 2.

And I don't wanna waste my GPU sub. It's been a few months since I got it and I still haven't used it yet.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
We'll see when the games will actually come out, in two years or something, and if they're any good. Thankfully i have a pc so i don't have to worry anyway.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
While I do love a lot of their games, its mainly Bethesda Games Studios output that I'd consider system sellers, so I'll be there for an Xbox Series X (or maybe S) when Starfield releases.

Dec 21, 2017
I already have all the games I want from Bethesda at the moment, excluding Doom Eternal.

They're going to have to pump out some good exclusives for MS, which may be a ways away.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Missing out on stuff like Doom, Prey, and Evil Within would be a bummer. I will probably grab a series whatever mid-gen on the cheap/when the pro versions come out. Don't give a shit about Bethesda studio games. Starfield is going to be a hilarious jank mess so missing that is whatever.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Doesn't really change my plans much, but my interest in Xbox went up a bit and Playstation went down a bit. Still going to play most of my games on PC, but I'll get a series X for BC and game pass. I'll get a PS5 after cross gen is over and, hopefully, when the PS5 gets a slim design.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
have a PC, zero effect on me (except for saving me money as I will subscribe for the month of gamepass when the games come out).

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My plan before the acquisition announcement was to get a PS5 on day one and then pick up a Series X late 2021 or even after that once games like Avowed/Fable were closer to release.

After the announcement, I ended up pre-ordering a Series X on Amazon the day they went up just in case. I'm still probably going to end up only getting the PS5 day one, but the acquisition has definitely pushed me to plan on getting an Xbox sooner rather than later.

If I don't end up keeping the Series X pre-order, then I'll probably pick one up early next year. Bethesda makes a lot of games that I love so I don't want to miss out in the long run, but in the immediate future I could do without a Xbox for a while and it'd be fine.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't change my plans, just be part of my catch up whenever I decide to grab a Xbox again or get into PC (consoles are becoming increasingly the worse option with exclusives more often just meaning not on PS/Xbox). Will sub to a month or 2 of Game Pass, play them and be done until I want to play another bunch. Hell probably be the plan if they aren't exclusive too, no point in buying them on any platform at least not for $70+ if I'm 100% Game Passing to catch up on the other 1st party.
Xcloud could change my plans too, depending on my experience.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't for me, I would have played them on PC anyway. Day 1 Game pass is a nice new bonus though.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm upgrading my PC and MS is supporting PC, so...

I'll get a PS5 when the time is right. My shiny new PC will hold me until then. I have no plans to get an Xbox.

Theron

Oct 28, 2017
Got a good gaming PC, so if/when they publish a game I want to play I just subscribe to GamePass on PC for a duration. PS5 and a PC (that I need anyway) is my solution to get the best from both worlds.

Grindlefly

Oct 26, 2017
It does affect me in that I can only get one console and have no gaming pc. Always loved the elder scrolls games since daggerfall but im sticking ps5 so will just not play. To be fair their rpgs seem to get worse with each release so im not overly fussed. More dissapointed I will miss Arkane Studios work but at the same time looking fwd to fresh titles. If I were going xbox I would be very satisfied with their studios now. Gonna be very interesting this gen for sure

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
Alot since I really liked bethesda games for the most part and I can no longer play them on ps5. I have now began to see where I can fit gamepass in my budget.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly depends on what they do with arkane games. If the next game is not released on ps5, I'll just buy xbox s. Well, if the game is another immersive.

Future games will probably be a year or two out. So banking on some nice deals if i get one.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Already have an XSX pre-ordered. All it has done is up my hype level through the roof because I'll get all these great games on Gamepass. I also feel like there will be opportunities there that weren't before, better BC stuff like that.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
Im gonna go out on on a limb here and say the majority of Bethesda fans are already on Xbox and PC. I don't think it will change things that much tbh.