Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am referring to the character from Naruto. Hating on Naruto seems to be kind of a thing around here lately and let me say that I fully, fully admit that Naruto went downhill for reasons other than Hinata, but let me just talk about this girl real quick.

When I was in the Naruto fandom, I found that you shouldn't talk about her very much because for some reason, Hinata has a very vocal fandom who creams themselves over whenever she appeared (and somebody calculated, in a 700 chapter series, she was in LESS than 100 chapters, that's not even 10%!) I remember going on TV Tropes after the stupid Moon Eye's Plan was occurred and somebody wrote "Hinata is the first one resisting the genjutsu" and I was like "......what? What proof do you have of that." Not to mention, the utter hate Sakura got by Hinata fans was absolutely ridiculous. "Oh, Hinata is so much better than that BITCH Sakura." Now, let me be clear, Sakura has her own problems, namely her STUPID obsession with a man who tried to murder her, but that's been talked about to death, Hinata is not so different with her obsession with Naruto, who honestly seems to forget that Hinata exists for the majority of the time largely because he's way too busy thinking about his true soulmate, Sasuke, but that's beside the point. In the war arc literally all Hinata does is stand there and say "Naruto-kun!" "Naruto-kun!" "Oh, Naruto-kun! Please love me! Hold my hand!" In fact, I'll compare some feats between Sakura and Hinata off the top of my head:

Sakura:
Saved Kankuro's life
Defeated Sasori
Saved the lives of villagers during Pain's attack
Spread information about key attacks during the war
Saved Naruto's life while he was dying
Saved Sasuke from the other dimension with Obito
Delivered the punch that allowed Kaguya to be sealed

Hinata:
Uh..... uh..... I can't think of anything. Some point to her charging at Pain, but Kishimoto said she was suicidal in that moment, the anime expanded this but in the manga, it was literally just proof that the Power of Love has nothing on the Power to repel gravity. I digress. Or the fact that people seem to love Hinata more than Sakura because Hinata has the bigger boobs which is really shallow. (or not anymore thanks to the Boruto manga which Hinata fans whined like crazy about)

Speaking of, I think a large reason as to why so many people like her so much is because Studio Pierrot who animated Naruto have a rather unhealthy obsession with her. (Or at least a significant portion of them do) She's always getting the best animation, literally the Pain's arc entire budget went to HER moment, not Naruto's. The Last film literally EXISTS because Studio Pierrot decided "We have some Hinata fetishes we want to do! Let's do them!" and Kishimoto just probably went "Uh.... well, I mean, I never really did anything with her but...." "Great! You love it already!" In fact, Kishimoto has often expressed sheer CONFUSION over why she's so popular. Now, did that have a factor into why she ended up with Naruto instead of Sakura? Who knows? Sometimes, it SEEMS like that's how it was, I know what Kishimoto has said that "Oh, I planned it from the beginning. No, the middle. I didn't plan this." so he constantly contradicts himself when it comes to this. One interview he completely shitted on Hinata when somebody told him he liked her, Kishimoto said "Ah. You like big breasted girls." I would criticize for being sexist here, but sadly, he's not WRONG to think that as I already pointed.

...the sad thing is, Hinata honestly had potential like a lot of other things in Naruto, but that potential was squandered, she could've become a co-leader of the Hyuuga clan with Neji showing that the Main and Side Branches can exist in peace instead of showing the Hyuuga clan did not change for the better by killing Neji off anyway. But as she ended up, she ultimately finished as a character who pretty much exists to be Naruto's vaguely defined love interest and as a fetish doll for Studio Pierrot to use as they see fit. Sad really.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
She's pointless. The series could happen more or less exactly the same if you removed her entirely.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hinata was always teased to be the end game. and while Sakura did more, she also suffered from bad writing (shocking). Hinata just had the least about of baggage, making her easy to like

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people like bland nothing characters.

A lot of people like weak socially anxious characters.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Because hinata really loves naruto, unlike sakura.

Naruto didn't really care about hinata's boobs, in the movie when naruto knew about hinata's feeling and how much she care for him, he understood her feeling.

Also sakura is a bitch.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
The reactions to the last chapter from NaruSaku fans were pretty great, you have to admit. Don't have the link to that image collection at the moment.

Ganzlinger

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with OP.

Hinata is an overall bad written character. She has her moments but her life and confidence resolved so much around Naruto that was annoying, with her plot within the Hyuuga clan being put aside for the sake of that romantic relationship.

Hanabi is the best Hyuuga.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
This probably has something to do with it as well,

The_c280a7_1062564.jpeg

Hinata basically filled the "BOOBS" role until Tsunade came along.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn OP, you not wrong, like at all, but you ain't slick, ya gotta let go of the Naruto and Sakura pairing already ;D

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like I like Hinata, she's just inoffensive. She's like Shino.

Doesn't hog screentime.
Isn't obnoxious.
Doesn't wail on the main characters
And she still has some worthwhile moments.

OP, note how all of your Sakura highlights are from Part 2.

This probably has something to do with it as well,

The_c280a7_1062564.jpeg

Hinata basically filled the "BOOBS" role until Tsunade came along.
Was that a thing people were into with her?

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn OP, you not wrong, like at all, but you ain't slick, ya gotta let go of the Naruto and Sakura pairing already ;D
Hey, I think Naruto and Sasuke should've just admitted their toxic relationship was lust and just get on with it. In fact, the sheer fact that they're pushing Boruto and Sarada as a heterosexual SasuNaru pretty much proves that the only reason they didn't get together was because they're both boys.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Kishi can't write a goddamn story man. How is Hinata endgame when she was in less than 10% of the total series? Why set up the parallels with Jiraiya/Tsunade, Obito/Rin, Minato/Kushina if you weren't going to put Naruto with Sakura??

It's just bad. If he had made Hinata a member of team 7 all of those problems would've been solved. Kishimoto didn't have a plan, not a well thought out one.

Still better than what happened to Bleach

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I've said it before I here in another thread, Hinata has the most wasted potential of any character in the show in my opinion.

- First born daughter of a powerful Shinobi

- Heir apparent to a historic noble house

- Possesses one of the most powerful Kekkei Genkai in the series

- Future wife of the Hokage

-Future mother of the series next protagonist

Yet the sum of her ambitions amounts to "Naruto-Kun" and stay at home mom. I mean for fuck sake even Sakura got a huge power boost over the course of the series. Post time skip she is one of the leaf villages best shinobi and is the best medical shinobi they have despite also being a mom. Yet after the same time skip Hinata is now a stay at home mom and as far as I know hasn't been on a mission in years. If I remember right she isn't even a jonin. I'm pretty sure she stayed a Chuunin. Oh and lets not forget her biggest moment in the new series so far is her rushing in to save Naruto from being captured and she got beaten unconcious OFF SCREEN. They couldnt even be bothered to show her fighting. And yeah you could make the argument she never liked fighting in the first place so it makes sense she turned out this way, but you can make a strong character that doesn't like to fight. Anime is riddled with characters that are badasses but avoid battle. They could have easily done that with Hinata.

But nope. Stay at home mom with 2 kids.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Kishi can't write a goddamn story man. How is Hinata endgame when she was in less than 10% of the total series? Why set up the parallels with Jiraiya/Tsunade, Obito/Rin, Minato/Kushina if you weren't going to put Naruto with Sakura??

It's just bad. If he had made Hinata a member of team 7 all of those problems would've been solved. Kishimoto didn't have a plan, not a well thought out one.

Still better than what happened to Bleach

giphy.gif

I was gonna say OP ain't fooling no one.
If that's what this thread is, I'm here for it.

I wasn't around for the reactions to the ending. I have no idea how people thought that was going to be a thing.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy with the anti-Hinata sentiment here. Pro-Hinata Era don't want none of this danger zone.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It doesn't matter what they tease, it wasn't a good relationship. And the Hinata/Naruto door was open since you met her so don't act like it came out of nowhere.

Jesus. You're one of those, aren't you? I'm not pulling for Naruto/Sakura, all of the relationships in Naruto are trash. Straight trash. It's bad storytelling to foreshadow/set something up and not go through with it. That's my problem with the whole thing. Hinata should've been in the series more. Watching a movie to see a majority of their relationship develop is not a good look dude. I don't care who ended up with who, I care about how it's handled.

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. You're one of those, aren't you? I'm not pulling for Naruto/Sakura, all of the relationships in Naruto are trash. Straight trash. It's bad storytelling to foreshadow/set something up and not go through with it. That's my problem with the whole thing. Hinata should've been in the series more. Watching a movie to see a majority of their relationship develop is not a good look dude. I don't care who ended up with who, I care about how it's handled.
One of what?

Yeah, they did that with Hinata.

* shrug * I don't feel as strongly about it as you think I do.

I mean you do have to be blind not to see it was plainly obvious Naruto and Hinata would end up together.
Agreed.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
She's just a sweet girl.

Next to Sakura that alone puts you leagues above her.

There were 2 options in early Naruto, the shy girl who admired our loser in secret, or the one who mocked him for being an orphan.

Pretty easy choice to make when you're 15.

yado

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if she wasn't going to end up with Naruto there was nothing else to do with her character. She doesn't have any other goals or interests.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stand neither Hinata or Sakura. They're just so poorly written and fit two sexist ideas of what female characters need to be, rather than becoming something more than just someone to get in a relationship with the central characters. Both of them fit two different male bravado sexist fantasies and I've never been a fan of their character arcs.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I mean you do have to be blind not to see it was plainly obvious Naruto and Hinata would end up together.
Yeah I wouldn't go so far as to say blind, but it was fairly obvious to me that Hinata would be the final pairing with Naruto if they did any pairing at all. Kishi showed alot of NaruSaku true, but I never thought for a second that Kishi would show Sakura loving and caring for Sasuke as much as he did and then put her with Naruto after Sasuke ends up being wasted effort?

Why would an author make his main character be the consolation prize?

Also Sakura ending up with Sasuke ends up being great because we got Sarada. Who is easily the best character in the new series.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's not like I like Hinata, she's just inoffensive. She's like Shino.

Pretty much. Yea, she sucks, but virtually all of the female characters in the show do, so meh. It'd be like making a thread about Orihime from Bleach. Sure you can do it, but why lol

What? Jiraiya and Tsunade was never a thing. Obito and Rin is a laughable "parallel" on so many levels, I don't even want to get into that. Minato and Kushina, sure, Kushina even wanted Naruto to find someone like her as she took her dying breath, so... 1 out of 3?

Regardless, Kishimoto was never obligated to make Sakura endgame. What he was obligated to do however was actually write a good potentially romantic relationship with whoever he ended up choosing. He didn't do with that either character. Hell, he couldn't do the bare minimum of letting Naruto remember Hinata's confession.

In the end, both characters were defined by the men in their lives. But at the same time, one of them was Sakura. So it was definitely a case of picking the (much) lesser of two evils lmao

So true, but I'm also not wrong. That would be like Goku and Bulma being teased and THEN he ends up with Chi-Chi. Like, what was the point?

I hope you got low expectations for MHA lol

In fact, the sheer fact that they're pushing Boruto and Sarada as a heterosexual SasuNaru pretty much proves that the only reason they didn't get together was because they're both boys.

Err, sure I guess.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
She's an inoffensive, anxious, innocent character who has qualities that are associated as weak, but has moments where she overcomes. It's not hard to get.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Oh I guess I should say that I do like Hinata as a character. She has her moments. I just don't like how Kishi wasted her potential. She could have been so much more than what she ended up becoming.

Deepthought_

Banned
May 15, 2018
I can't stand neither Hinata or Sakura. They're just so poorly written and fit two sexist ideas of what female characters need to be, rather than becoming something more than just someone to get in a relationship with the central characters. Both of them fit two different male bravado sexist fantasies and I've never been a fan of their character arcs.

She was a shy girl who liked a boy who was always being picked on

She was never a fighter but Naruto sticking it out even when picked on made her feel brave enough to fight when she was scared to. They had girl characters on the show who were tough and some soft it wasn't all one sided.