Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
nintendo.fandom.com

List of Mario games

All Luigi, Yoshi, Toad, and Princess Peach games are here listed too, Wario and Donkey Kong are separate series. All games will be listed as their original English titles. The characters from the Mario series also appear in many other games, most notably Super Smash Bros.. Donkey Kong (1981)...

I'll skip the arcade, Game & Watch, and Virtual Boy stuff, as well as the educational games, but I want to play the rest.

I really like Mario, even if spin offs aren't that great I enjoy seeing what characters show up and what cameos there are, and often you get some obscure characters show up in cool roles. I want to play them all.

Has anyone here achieved this feat?

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
Played, yes. Not all mainline games finished though. Go for it, but try to play other genres in between cause doing all marios back to back can be really tiring.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I just about have but just because I'm old and got the games as they came out

I would very carefully qualify how much of an appearance of Mario results in you playing it.

There was a period where he popped up in a lot of Nintendo games 😀

Amakusa

Powered by Friendship™
Nov 2, 2017
I didn't play Yoshi's Safari, because I never had the Super Scope, besides that (and going by your criteria), I did. But I'm at it since the NES. I'm an ancient creature. :D

You can skip games like Golf and Tennis, though. Or even Punch Out. Just because they crammed in Mario somehow, doesn't make it a Mario game for me, imho.

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017
You may want to wait for some of the rumoured switch remasters? That's my current plan.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Mario as a series isn't worth playing all of, even if the main entries are all pretty fab.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
that's a lot of mario party games to play

I've played all the platforming games, but not hotel mario, many of the party games or some of the famicom games

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
You uh, you enjoy Mario Bros Special. Or try to.

I've played through all of them except for the Mario Artist stuff, Mario no Photopi and the ones that obviously don't exist or are unreleased.

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
I don't know about Mario, but a Youtuber called ClementJ642 has played every single Sonic game. By the end I think he said that he didn't really regret it but never wants to do something like that again. Mario has probably more than twice as many games as Sonic so good luck.

Amakusa