Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI

what a fucking jam and the white trash vibes of the video really send me.

I'm not ashamed to admit this album is filled with bangers anymore.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"And the rain will kill us allllll. We throw ourselves against the wall."

Psychosocial is my jam.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
this is the second thread where i've seen slipknot and "white trash" brought up in brand association.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I CATCH IN MY THROAT
CHOKE
TORN INTO PIECES
I WON'T, NO
I DON'T WANT TO BE THIS
BUT I WON'T LET THIS BUILD UP INSIDE OF ME

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't get the reference in the topic title, so I was just going to tell you to please not do that, OP.

Oct 30, 2017
yeah this is def a tune.

also that one from the first motorstorm soundtrack that goes I! AM A WORLD BEFORE I AM A MAN! was great for shredding on a quad bike on top of a mountain in the desert.

i like the first slipknot album a lot but since then haven't dug much apart from the occasional standout poppy banger like these. they're a super underrated band for choruses when they try!

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
AMAZING song. Love singing it too!

Nah, I'm talking about on Era specifically. We got threads about Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and Slipknot coming out the wazoo lately, it's making me anxious for the impending deluge of Evanescence and Korn appreciation topics.
Not a fan of Korn but Evanescence is AMAZING

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
i've had this weird appreciation for slipknot lately and i don't know why

i even kinda dig the video for their new song too

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it, bring back Orgy.

Orgy has been sporadically doing stuff here and there but their last album was pretty forgettable minus 1-2 tracks. Vapor Transmission was their magnum opus. But what a way to go out, amazing album start to finish.

Nah, I'm talking about on Era specifically. We got threads about Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and Slipknot coming out the wazoo lately, it's making me anxious for the impending deluge of Evanescence and Korn appreciation topics.

Korn put out one of their best albums like 2 years ago.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Vol 3 is a damn fantastic album, and I DID NOT think they had that in them after the disappointing Iowa. I will still throw it on from time to time, it's definitely aged the least of their albums

I dont really care for Stone Sour but it really was the best thing that happened to Slipknot

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018
I still think this album is their best. One of the best metal albums of my teenage years.
The year this album came out had so many other hit albums, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Megadeth, Killswitch Engagez Shadows Fall, Amon Amarth, velvet revolver, Dillinger escape plan.. etc etc

I remember album came out during transition phase of nu metal leaving. So you had some of the best albums of new metal bands releasing during the mid 2000-2010 years.

Vol 3 is a damn fantastic album, and I DID NOT think they had that in them after the disappointing Iowa. I will still throw it on from time to time, it's definitely aged the least of their albums
Oh wow I'm surprised. Iowa seems to be there signature sound in some ways. At least sound before Jim Root created guitar lines/sounds for the bands future. I think Iowa is just a little more raw while albums after seem more produced/mixed well in the studio

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow I'm surprised. Iowa seems to be there signature sound in some ways. At least sound before Jim Root created guitar lines/sounds for the bands future. I think Iowa is just a little more raw while albums after seem more produced/mixed well in the studio

I think Iowa-era is kind of what people associate them with, but Vol 3 is definitely what I wanted after their self-titled.

They got more riffy and groovy like System of a Down (probably had a lot to do with Rick Rubin producing), and Corey starting singing a lot more after Stone Sour.