AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
youtu.be

Persona 5 - Beneath the Mask - Rainy Mood - 10 Hours

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/ih1y0KrJ#tb_xg9cRVXXiO0iAh_wbPlGBoNVm-3ZYj0rlnDjwRjs10 hour version of my previous video. I've added in the instrumental ...

This track is likely a top 10 video game musical tracks of all time for me. I fucking love it so much. It might be the most relaxing piece of video game music I've ever heard. Persona 4's was also good, but Persona 5's was just on a different tier altogether.

Please lords, let the equivalent track in Persona 6 be as good.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I immediately also thought of that specific YouTube video. That track transports me back in time to 2017 every time I hear it.

Truno

Jan 16, 2020
I pray to god that they have more than one "evening home" track. I loved Beneath the Mask during the beginning of my playthrough, but I got sick of it by the end

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I use the rainy instrumental as my morning alarm...though it rarely goes off these days since I have my watch buzz a minute before to try and be quieter so my wife can still sleep.

southwest

Sep 15, 2022
I absolutely fucking hate hate HATE that song. Was good for the first hour then heavily outstayed its welcome.

Jan 13, 2022
Beneath the Mask never got old to me and is one of my favorite video game tracks of all time, but yeah an extra track or two would be nice for sure.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Yeah it's great. I love that sometimes it has the lyrics and sometimes it doesn't.
It was also part of the PS4 theme I used from 2017-2020 and I still wasn't sick of it.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting just how much they'll achieve by going Ska and Jungle for the OST

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I want the OST to feel different. Hope it isn't too similiar to P5. Not because P5s was bad, but because its part of its identity and I would like a different vibe (like we have every entry with the music).

Wonder what the maintheme will be this time.

Yogi.

Feb 3, 2023
I hope every track is as good as P4G's, P5R and P3(What I've heard of so far, haven't played OG)'s OST. They don't seem to miss.

May 29, 2018
I'm currently playing though Royal on my steam deck in bed and my wife's so sick of hearing beneath the mask that she tells me to turn down the volume lol.

I do wonder how different P6 is gonna be and how involved Meguro will be now that he's a freelancer and not part of Atlus. Also with Hashino working on Refantazio I am even more curious of how different P6 will be in general

Sir Lucan

Dec 19, 2023
I just hope Meguro is the composer of P6. I've been loving his work since Digital Devil Saga on the PS2.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Well first I'm curious who the main composer even is of P6 since Meguro is on Refantazio

But I concur with above posts, I like BTM but it wasn't enough for a 100+ hour game

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I like all of the "evening" songs in the persona titles… well at least the ones with year long schedules.

I do think that they should have saved beneath the mask for the second half of the game evening music instead of the instrumental version. Just flip flop them and you don't get tired of the voiced version.

Still like Lotus Juice's VA on the Persona 3 evening music the most

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I know P6 needs its own distinct sound and it's for the best but fuck I'm really gonna miss Lyn when we reach that era. Every P5 track with vocals from her is just incredible.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
The soundtrack for P5 I still think is one of the best ever, and Beneath the Mask is one of the best on it for sure. Matching it will be a tall order for sure!

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I am not going to do P6 that disservice, it's almost unfair.

Here's to hoping if it doesn't have an evening/hub theme as good it makes up for it in other ways.

jungius

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Sep 5, 2021
they never dissapoint in sound department so dont worry we will get dope music

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
"Beneath the Mask" is perhaps the videogame song I've listened to the most in my life. It's so nice. The entire Persona 5 Royal soundtrack is a masterpiece.

Turnabout Sisters

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like all of the "evening" songs in the persona titles… well at least the ones with year long schedules.

I do think that they should have saved beneath the mask for the second half of the game evening music instead of the instrumental version. Just flip flop them and you don't get tired of the voiced version.

Still like Lotus Juice's VA on the Persona 3 evening music the most

Is that actually Lotus Juice rapping on that track? I don't doubt it I'm just curious. I remember a long time ago someone here posted about how that sample of that rap had appeared in some other games, so I thought it was something out of a sample library. Wish I could find it

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
youtu.be

Persona 5 - Beneath the Mask - Rainy Mood - 10 Hours

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/ih1y0KrJ#tb_xg9cRVXXiO0iAh_wbPlGBoNVm-3ZYj0rlnDjwRjs10 hour version of my previous video. I've added in the instrumental ...

This track is likely a top 10 video game musical tracks of all time for me. I fucking love it so much. It might be the most relaxing piece of video game music I've ever heard. Persona 4's was also good, but Persona 5's was just on a different tier altogether.

Please lords, let the equivalent track in Persona 6 be as good.

When i open my own coffee shop I'll have this theme playing always... FOREVER AND EVER.

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Shoji Meguro better be in it. Kitajoh is not very good writing lyrics

Phineous_2

Oct 29, 2017
That song is amazing. Been playing P5 and/or Royal since P5 released (I take my time and am easily distracted, lol) and it's never gotten old.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Is that actually Lotus Juice rapping on that track? I don't doubt it I'm just curious. I remember a long time ago someone here posted about how that sample of that rap had appeared in some other games, so I thought it was something out of a sample library. Wish I could find it
I am both so Wrong BUT won't be in a few weeks.
The original track samples a rap from this album "Best Service Hallelujah."

However, in Persona 3 Reload they have swapped it out for an original Rap by Lotus Juice.

Cr1st0

Oct 28, 2017
I was just hearing a fan made P5 Incarnation music album. And told my wife about Beneath the Mask being onw of the best songs in Persona series. Thing is, she kind of hates the song, because the PS4 had a P5 theme and played the song continously.

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
op you fuck you've now got me into a nostalgia hole for 2017 of all years... and that's post Brexist vote and Trump election so I shouldn't be nostalgic for anything 2016 or later

Bengraven