DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I've been using Tinder for about a year now and if I do match, I usually start the convo/message. like 2 weeks ago, I got a match and the person messaged me. I thought it was looking good and all and their message said this:

"I just wanted to say you are so sweet and cute and I hope you find the right/best girl for you"

yu-yu-hakusho-anime.gif

Ded

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
SHEESH.

Sorry that happened OP.

BUT

Take their energy and apply it to the next person to come along!

Golding

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Stopped you right there in your track. Just look at it as she wasn't the one.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
First experience for Tinder for me was someone asking if I had a friend for a 3 way. Haven't had a match since. No I didn't fuck them.

Good luck on your venture op.

ThatRebel

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Wait, that was their first message or ya'll chatted for a bit then that hit? Either way, I prefer to get those early. Don't have me waste a month or two of my life getting to know you, taking you out then hit with me that. If you're not interested for any reason, tell me as soon as you know.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Next time I get a match that stops talking or feels like a slow fade I'm going to send that and topsy turvy the whole thing.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly that's way better than nothing. At least this person appreciates that you are in fact a person there.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
3a7.jpg

First experience for Tinder for me was someone asking if I had a friend for a 3 way. Haven't had a match since. No I didn't fuck them.

Good luck on your venture op.

Coulda been worse, my first tinder experience was a girl telling me I looked like a murder hobo who makes people into lampshades.

Couldn't even form a response, just had to unmatch and hold the L.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Honestly that's way better than nothing. At least this person appreciates that you are in fact a person there.

Naw it's a gut punch. Don't match if you aren't interested.

Wait, that was their first message or ya'll chatted for a bit then that hit? Either way, I prefer to get those early. Don't have me waste a month or two of my life getting to know you, taking you out then hit with me that. If you're not interested for any reason, tell me as soon as you know.

I don't think op would have created this thread if it was the former as most of us average ppl who have dabbled in online dating apps have probably experienced the latter. Haha

Gabaghoul582

Banned
Nov 2, 2021
When I did Tinder a few years ago, I had 4 different women match with me and tell me my bio made them laugh, and that's it.

Grenouille

Nov 26, 2017
I don't know, that's better than a match that doesn't reply. Getting complimented is rare for some people.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It sounds like your mom might have found your Tinder profile. Its sweet either way. Don't lose faith.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It's the equivalent of liking a person and told you're really cool but they can't ever think of you romantically.

But this is before you even interacted with the person so it's more like an unprompted slap in the face as this person knows nothing about you beyond a profile and pics lol

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
fuck

i can just imagining getting the notification on the phone

"you've been sent a message from a match" or sommit to that effect

every millisecond before opening that message is an ocean of possibilities

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is everyone acting like this a bad thing? Just see it as positive compliment :P
Also Tinder/dating apps suck.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
fuck

i can just imagining getting the notification on the phone

"you've been sent a message from a match" or sommit to that effect

every millisecond before opening that message is an ocean of possibilities

Yup. That rollercoaster of emotions you would feel if you got that as a notification where it only showed you part of the body of the message 🥰😭

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

No, it's worse than nothing. You get onto a dating app to find a date, and instead somehow you get the "I hope you find the girl for you" message from someone you don't even know. I'm sure they thought they were being nice, but it feels bad.