Play or Skip?

• Worth playing

Votes: 799 67.7%
  • Skip

Votes: 382 32.3%

• Total voters

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Totally forgot this existed. Should I just skip it for DMC 5? I've played all DMC except DmC.

capsule_616x353.jpg

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
It's okay, the gameplay was pretty good IMO. People rip on it, but it wasn't as bad as they try to make it out to be.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You won't be getting an unbiased take from Era, trust me. I love all the games in the series outside of 2 for obvious reasons. I personally had the most fun with DmC.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's probably the best game Ninja Theory will ever make, at least.

Ejsponge61

Sep 19, 2020
DmC was the first it the series I ever played, I liked it quite a bit. Didn't care much about the story, but the combat was excellent and the set pieces were unique. I know a lot of people hated it, but I didn't have the familiarity with the series to compare it to.

Still, as an even bigger fan of DMCV, I'm kinda glad it didn't catch on because I adore DMCV.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the biggest issues (ie, a lack of 60 FPS) are fixed by the modern versions of the game, but it's still a pretty polarizing game. If you REALLY liked the previous games, you probably will hate this

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
I loved it, but then I was open to change where a lot of DMC fans just wanted more of what they knew. (Nothing wrong with that either btw) the combat was a little basic and his attitude maybe a little try hard, but yeah, I still think about the visuals of the TV anchor boss fight to this day it was so cool.

Give it a try!

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite of the series for its crazy visuals and accessible gameplay. The story and its cutscenes are really bad, but characters could have worked with better material because the actors do a fine job.

Music is *chef's kiss* I love Lilith's Club so much, Noisia nailed it.

Definitive Edition (which unfortunately isn't on PC) is a much better package than the base game, and the Vergil DLC does have its moments.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Its ok, the Definitive Edition is a good game even, but it just trips over its own balls too much. Plus very unnecessary.

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
Special Edition is pretty notable for going back and addressing a lot of complaints with the base game.

Its story is one of the best the series had ever seen, but that's damning with faint praise. Gameplay is pretty solid, though it has a lower skill ceiling than comparitive titles.

It was a fun game, but definitely a hell of a black sheep.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good action game and a great DMC game, but it had an unfortunately turbulent reputation with fans. It deserved better.

The Definitive Edition is excellent, and I stand by the belief that it's up there with the greats of the series.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
It's an artistically amazing game, and the combat was a good effort to try and match the other games but it didn't quite reach the level of 4 or 5. Storytelling is okay for the most part aside from one questionable scene.

People who will state 'It's the best DMC game' are trying to be contrarian for the sake of it. It's a good beginner's DMC.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
good ass game. A lot of fun (especially the director's cut) but it def. has a different feel for it. Its a slower game overall even with Turbo Mode

Vergil's Downfall DLC is my favorite ver. of Vergil mechanically (until I play with 5's to compare)

Level 7 Boss

Jun 19, 2018
I didn't enjoy the story or the music. The art style and gameplay are good, and it's quite accessible. Definitely worth a purchase.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
If you play it, at least play the DE, but it's largely polishing a big pile of shit. I just said skip, it's not really worth it. A lot of people like the story and art style, but just rent They Live or something.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
It's been 10 years

A DECADE SINCE DmC

I feel so old

monali

Mar 8, 2020
As a big fan of the DMC franchise, and DMC3 being my most played game ever, it's a good game (great for some people even), some fans will try hard to give you the impression that it's DMC2-tier, and I for once I give you the right to roll you eyes as much as you can.

Kemiko

Oct 5, 2018
Brilliant DMC game, I wish it was received better because I think thats one of the best of the lot.

Haven't played DMC5 yet though.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Very good game, gets better and better as it goes on. Magnificent FOX/CNN bossfight. Got bundled with many addons in later releases.

IMO, perfect starting character action game for beginners.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It's a solid game especially with the Definitive Edition. Especially now since it's its own thing and not replacing the series, which helps people take it as what it is rather than what they want/wanted at the time.

Oct 28, 2017
It definitely worth a playthrough.
The dialogue is ultra cringe and tries to be way too edgy. Combat is only lacking when you measure it to the better dmc games.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Personally I think it's fantastic. The level design and overall aesthetic are top notch and I loved the combat outside of a few of the enemy designs (though I think some of that was fixed in the Definitive Edition).

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Its a better game than 5. It's my favorite DMC game in general, found 5 to be boring.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
I dropped DMC5 a few levels in while I've replayed DmC twice (OG and Definitive Edition). Certainly worth a play, and I'd actually recommend the Definitive Edition over DMC5 any day of the week.