Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
This is nuts. I payed for Modern Warfare to play its campaign and multiplayer. However, I cannot to do, because Warzone is getting a server side update to incorporate the new Pacific map introduced by Vanguard. I cannot download the Story DLC pack, because the "store" is offline as well.

Modern Warfare feels like a big advertisement for every other CoD now. All the other games are incorporated into the main menu, the cover tile looks just like a Warzone cover, there is basically no trace of MW left. Tbh proof to me, that the engine is superior to the rest since Warzone runs on it. I don't understand why they continue with yearly new games, instead of completely focusing on one game in one engine and supporting it for longer.

Bollocks.

/rant

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Activision wans to have their cake and eat it too and then have it again and then have a second cake and eat it at the same time as the first cake and also have it and then put toppings on both cakes and then eat them again but also have them

Oct 27, 2017
I can't even play the multiplayer mode. Despite having every package installed it keeps saying I need to download it. It's fucking ridiculous.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
On PS4/PS5 even if you have all the different parts installed it will periodically randomly decide that they're no longer installed and you have to download them again.

I guess you're SOL if you want to play Modern Warfare during this server maintenance.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Warzone was pretty much why I made the decision to stop buying these games 2 years ago. Its always demanding you download more shit that has nothing to do with the game you actually want to play.

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
i feel you, i play regular Modern Warfare multiplayer once in awhile and it needs like the weekly 80gb Warzone update that always slows me down and bloats the game to insane filesizes.

Not to mention yeah, it´s buried deep in the menus after all the 27 new COD ads and new Battlepasses that won´t even work with my Modern Warfare multiplayer mode...

Iztok

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I kind of like the cross-progression between MW19, CW and Vanguard.
It makes it like it's all just one big COD in which you can choose which flavor to play in order to progress.
Instead of, you know, just letting the old versions to die.

OP
OP

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
It makes it like it's all just one big COD in which you can choose which flavor to play in order to progress.
it's a bummer tho, that Modern Warfare is the game used to bloat it up and make it big. I need to have 140GB installed, whereas Vanguard would only take 40.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Yeah...except not everyone want's to play all of them and if I want to play the campaign it's going to be a pain in my ass to play it because someone at Activision decided to make my life a little bit worse for some reason.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Activision wants to have their cake and eat it too and then have it again and then have a second cake and eat it at the same time as the first cake and also have it and then put toppings on both cakes and then eat them again but also have them
First reply gets it. What a mess.

taahahmed

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
United States
What a weird ass thing to complain about. It's a once in a while thing that rarely happens and you're outraged? lol the priorities.

Siinova

Oct 29, 2017
The whole hub thing that they have going on with the COD games is mad annoying. I don't play Warzone at all but I have to have it installed in order to play the MW Single Player mode same with the Single Player for Black Ops and Warzone for some reason eats a massive amount of storage.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame because Modern Warframe campaign is the best or at the very least second best in the whole COD series.

I think Activision should have kept Warzone as a completely separate instance.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
They really need to just spin Warzone out into its own client already. It doesn't need to be tied to Modern Warfare anymore.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
As others have already mentioned, i also wouldnt mind if they seperated Warzone from the main games. It can be handy to have it accessible from the main meny in CoD games though (having all in one hub/place), but still, i wouldnt mind if it was possible to seperate Warzone completely from the main CoD games.

I don't understand why they continue with yearly new games, instead of completely focusing on one game in one engine and supporting it for longer.
My guess is that its easier to diversify the theme/setting by having different games, and i also thinks that it makes it easier to have campaigns this way. Its not impossible to add new campaigns as DLC to an exisiting game of course. Some games does have bigger expansion packs for example. But still, i think its easier to have seperate games when doing campaigns in this way, and that it makes it easier to have different themes/settings (like modern setting or World War 2, for example). It might also be more lucurative from a business perspective to release a seperate game each year, and also have a seperate business model that rely on updating the same game over a longer period of time (which they do with Warzone). Thats my guesses why they still release a new CoD game every year at least :)

Hopefully the issue that you mention in the OP will be resolved as soon as possible. It sucks when things arent working as they shoul, no doubt about that.

Activision wans to have their cake and eat it too and then have it again and then have a second cake and eat it at the same time as the first cake and also have it and then put toppings on both cakes and then eat them again but also have them
Isnt the situation that the OP is mentioning just a temporary tecnical issues that will be resolved soon? Or in which way do you mean that Activision wants to have their cake and eat it too? :) I am genuinely wondering. By trying to include all CoD games into one hub, but by doing so, this can lead to technical issues? If so, i see what you mean. Hopefully this techncal issue that happened now recently will be resolved as quickly as possible at least :)

EDIT: I added some text.

Last edited:

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
This is nuts. I payed for Modern Warfare to play its campaign and multiplayer. However, I cannot to do, because Warzone is getting a server side update to incorporate the new Pacific map introduced by Vanguard. I cannot download the Story DLC pack, because the "store" is offline as well.

Modern Warfare feels like a big advertisement for every other CoD now. All the other games are incorporated into the main menu, the cover tile looks just like a Warzone cover, there is basically no trace of MW left. Tbh proof to me, that the engine is superior to the rest since Warzone runs on it. I don't understand why they continue with yearly new games, instead of completely focusing on one game in one engine and supporting it for longer.

Bollocks.

/rant

They really should have shifted Warzone over to the Vanguard client with this update. It's annoying having to quit out of Vanguard whenever I feel like playing Warzone. It also would have made the MW2019 install size a lot smaller.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
I wish they would decouple warzone from MW. I like the MW multiplayer, but having to keep it tied with Warzone is such a PITA

Syncro

Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame because Modern Warframe campaign is the best or at the very least second best in the whole COD series.

I think Activision should have kept Warzone as a completely separate instance.

I'm not really a COD fan at all and I thought the MW campaign was brilliant.

It is a shame because I used to fire it up on the PS4 and play through it now and again but can't really do it on my PS5 because the file size is ridiculous and I'm only rocking the OG PS5 storage at the moment.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
The crazy part is that despite WZ having the best engine it has the worst maps/multiplayer modes. Sucks that the WZ file size keeps ballooning, I had to stop all updates on it as my SSD is at the limit.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
I wish more games would separate their singleplayer from their multiplayer, especially now that so many are GaaS that get updated regularly. I uninstalled Gears 5 because I got tired of huge updates for the GaaS multiplayer side of things when I just want to play the damn campaign.

strikeselect

Oct 27, 2017
MW19 is in a completely broken state right now due to the integration with Vanguard. Activision does not care at all.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018

Bollocks.

/rant
Yep it was the first COD game in over a decade I really enjoyed and they have fucked it into the dirt so hard with Warzone horseshit it's completely soured me on the idea of a sequel

DanielG123

Jul 14, 2020
I think every COD moving forward will just be one giant glaring advertisement for Warzone now. Activision does want it to be the "Disney World" of COD, after all.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Bumping this cause I just bought Modern Warfare during the Xbox sale and that was such a pain to get it to run. I let it download the 100gb overnight only to find out that I need to download additional stuff in the morning for multiplayer and the campaign which was another 80ish GB on top of that.

And the game is extremely buggy as well. It keeps kicking me out to the splash screen every so often when I play multiplayer, random freezes, and other weird game breaking bugs. It's really annoying and I'm experiencing a lot more issues in this than BF2042 and this game has been out for years now which is saying a lot.

How's this not fixed yet too. It's been a month

Last edited:

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
I can't stand the unified launcher, or how the icon and title screen is all changed to push Warzone and the newest game

How's this not fixed yet too. It's been a month

Yeah it's ridiculous. I can appreciate Covid and the holidays, but for new customers like you that just bought the game, it's unacceptable.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I wanted to replay the campaign after the DLSS update but don't want to install 100+ gigs. It lame as hell that they didn't split it out and condense it to its own dl package

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stand the unified launcher, or how the icon and title screen is all changed to push Warzone and the newest game

Yeah it's ridiculous. I can appreciate Covid and the holidays, but for new customers like you that just bought the game, it's unacceptable.

Yeah I bought it thinking it'd be fixed but nope.

I just hit the Campaign button for Modern Warfare and it loaded up the initial splash screen with all the logos and gave me a black screen.

This isn't the first time it's happened too and I just got the game last night and played it for the first time today.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I bought it thinking it'd be fixed but nope.

I just hit the Campaign button for Modern Warfare and it loaded up the initial splash screen with all the logos and gave me a black screen.

This isn't the first time it's happened too and I just got the game last night and played it for the first time today.

Black screen and freezes are common. In all game modes and across all platforms. I gave up trying on PS5. It's just too frustrating to play right now.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
My favourite part is when you go to download all the crap needed for campaign, but it still won't work.. so you stare at your screen in frustration. Deleting and redownloading, thinking there is some dumb order. Only to realize that the second Multiplayer and Spec ops pack is actually DATA PACK 3, and is required for all three.

Just getting Modern Warfare to work requires a freaking guide. It's asinine. Whoever thought of this mess needs to be slapped.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
It's a mess. The game is wholeheartedly broken right now. The fact that this was even allowed to be put on sale and sold over the Christmas season is a scandal - it's so bad that it makes Cyberpunk's launch look good.

I suppose firing all those QA staff at Raven had its consequences.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I only got Modern Warfare for the campaign and the tile in the dashboard doesn't even mention "Modern Warfare" at all anymore. It and the tile for Cold War are just advertisements for Warzone Season whatever.

This pos f2p mode just sucked all of the oxygen out of the room. I realize it's petty, but it really irks me.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I wish I could get a refund from Sony on the PSN store but I know it's going to be such a hassle. The farthest I've been able to get in the first mission of the campaign is 5 minutes before black screen. The game is so messed up that when you switch to the binoculars the frame rate drops to no joke, 10 frames a second until you switch back to your gun.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The game is so messed up that when you switch to the binoculars the frame rate drops to no joke, 10 frames a second until you switch back to your gun.
If it's any consolation, that's the one instance that happens in the whole game. You won't need to use these binoculars again.

PSA: Later on you'll be on a mission that takes place during daylight, one in which you'll need to carry some cinderblocks a few times. If at any point you see a black smoke coming towards you, turn back and wait for a moment, and it will go away, otherwise your screen will turn black and it will be a pain to get rid of it without either restarting from the last checkpoint or getting killed. It's some bug related to the GPU that affects both PC and Xbox Series versions (I don't know if the PS5 suffers from it, but most likely it does).

Such a cool campaign, it's a shame it's buried under a ton of mandatory multiplayer files.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
If it's any consolation, that's the one instance that happens in the whole game. You won't need to use these binoculars again.

PSA: Later on you'll be on a mission that takes place during daylight, one in which you'll need to carry some cinderblocks a few times. If at any point you see a black smoke coming towards you, turn back and wait for a moment, and it will go away, otherwise your screen will turn black and it will be a pain to get rid of it without either restarting from the last checkpoint or getting killed. It's some bug related to the GPU that affects both PC and Xbox Series versions (I don't know if the PS5 suffers from it, but most likely it does).

Such a cool campaign, it's a shame it's buried under a ton of mandatory multiplayer files.

I doubt I will even get that far. It's crashed 6 times already.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Have the Devs acknowledged this issue? Like, it's been over a month. I just wanted to play the MW campaign that I paid for. Absolutely absurd.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I've had tons of issues with MW over the last year that just appear to have gone unfixed - meanwhile to play it I need to DL insanely huge updates for a completely different game.

I started a replay of the campaign a few months back and finishing a level crashes the game and closing the game requires a reboot of my PS4.