Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
I know there is an OT for it but I just wanted to create a place where people could, for once, appreciate that work that has been put into a beast such as Anthem.
Sure its systems and performance have ample margins of improvement, sure the release date could have used a push further down into 2019.

But to me Bioware has delivered an incredible experience, the best in the GAAS genre under a ton of aspects: the gameplay more fun than almost any other game this generation, the story and writing are spot on, the actors do an amazing job in portraying charming, likable characters, the setting is fresh and interesting, the animations are pure gold and the effects/graphics are often purely stunning.
Given how underwhelmingly most GAAS have started, never have I been happier with the potential of what long term support could do to a title: I want to see where the story goes, what the loot and new armor sets will look like, and there's just so much space to explore within these gameplay mechanics.

After falling out of love with both Destiny and the bland settings of the Division, I think Anthem is where things will look the brightest if Bioware just keeps doing the great job they have been doing and listens to fans.

After having read so many comments online laughing about how much of a failure this game has been and how fucked Bioware is, I thought it was important to thank any one of its employees reading this forum about the incredible work they have put into a constantly improving game. You have my support, keep it up.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
But to me Bioware has delivered an incredible experience, the best in the GAAS genre under a ton of aspects: the gameplay more fun than almost any other game this generation, the story and writing are spot on, the actors do an amazing job in portraying charming, likable characters, the setting is fresh and interesting, the animations are pure gold and the effects/graphics are often purely stunning.

WateryWarmheartedChick-size_restricted.gif

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's great that you are enjoying the game but it's a unfinished mess and considering how bad Mass Effect Andromeda and Mass Effect 3 were i don't think Bioware is even a good studio,let alone amazing.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever been more bored playing a game as I was playing Anthem but more power to you if liked it

staedtler

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played some more last night and I unfortunately disagree with you. Everything seems rough to me. Bioware will be fine though.

Oct 25, 2017
Glad you are enjoying yourself op but there current output isn't for me. Last game of theirs I liked was me2

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
You don't get to like it OP, the internet has declared it.

Pick up your "Bioware is dead" badge at the door.

Systolique

Oct 26, 2017
Anthem is great, and sorry OP but GAF/ERA is one of the most toxic and hating places on the internet in regards to Bioware, it's visceral ; every game, every thread, there's nothing to do about it.

I mean you just have to look at the first reply, wish that kind of behavior would have disappeared by now

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Anthem has a solid basis for a great game is what I htink but anyone can correct me if i'm wrong since I have only seen footage of the game instead of actually playing it

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Like what you wanna like.

Also it's a glitchy, broken disaster (on PS4 it can literally damage the fucking console) with terrible, terrible writing, boring ass combat, shitty loot, a bland-ass world and one of the worst video game UIs I've ever seen. It's fundamentally flawed top to bottom.

Like what you wanna like, but uh...I don't see it.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
I know there is an OT for it but I just wanted to create a place where people could, for once, appreciate that work that has been put into a beast such as Anthem.
Sure its systems and performance have ample margins of improvement, sure the release date could have used a push further down into 2019.

Given how underwhelmingly most GAAS have started, never have I been happier with the potential of what long term support could do to a title: I want to see where the story goes, what the loot and new armor sets will look like, and there's just so much space to explore within these gameplay mechanics.

After falling out of love with both Destiny and the bland settings of the Division, I think Anthem is where things will look the brightest if Bioware just keeps doing the great job they have been doing and listens to fans.

After having read so many comments online laughing about how much of a failure this game has been and how fucked Bioware is, I thought it was important to thank any one of its employees reading this forum about the incredible work they have put into a constantly improving game. You have my support, keep it up.

It's good to like games. I certainly feel that the negativity is overblown, as it always is nowadays.

Personally, I'm waiting a bit to delve deeper into the game, but it's great that you enjoy it :D

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I'm loving it as well. Definitely has too many bugs and needs more content, but I like its more than Destiny 1 or 2 for sure (especially the launch versions of those games). The combat is more fun to me, I like the setting more, flying is a blast and I love having all the NPCs to talk to.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Anthem is great, and sorry OP but GAF/ERA is one of most toxic and hating places on the internet in regards to Bioware, it's visceral ; every game, every thread, there's nothing to do about it.

I mean you just have to look at the first reply, wished that kind of behavior would have disappeared by now
Yes we just hate BioWare because reasons and not because we don't like the last few games they have put out

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
BioWare is not the studio it was, by a long shot. That's said, I still think Anthem is a blast. The bugs are annoying, but I really like the core gameplay and mechanics.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You could've just put this in the OT.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I am enjoying it as well flaws aside. Never be discouraged by those who say you should be hating a game that you get enjoyment from.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
It's cool you like it, and if EA gives them time I'm sure BioWare will improve the game a lot in a year or two but that OP reads like a damage control paid ad. lol

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Nice try Bioware employee,but we ain't buying

In all seriousness though,what OP's saying is exaggerated asf

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I'm liking Anthem too, but we can't deny its issues and BioWare's decline in quality. I don't think they are amazing anymore. Amazing left with the doctors.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's a really really bad game. I actually think Fallout 76 was a better game and I cancelled that pre-order.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Glad you're enjoying it OP. I do want to try it down the line, as the base game is entertaining, but not until they fix a lot of things.

I'm afraid the game will be dead by then, however.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
It's OK to enjoy a mediocre game, specially when the core gameplay is actually good. But let's not just ignore the problems it has.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The game has a solid foundation for a looter shooter but there is so many shit holding it back, I don't have faith in Bioware and EA to make their own Taken King and turn things around nor I think the playerbase will be there sadly to support them that long.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Anthem is great, and sorry OP but GAF/ERA is one of the most toxic and hating places on the internet in regards to Bioware, it's visceral ; every game, every thread, there's nothing to do about it.

I mean you just have to look at the first reply, wish that kind of behavior would have disappeared by now
Ok so explain the Metacritic and OpenCritic average scores then? You know, places that have absolutely nothing to do with ERA/GAF

Or just explain how people in general feel/think about Anthem in any other place, besides Bioware fan forums

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting and rare opinion.

(personally don't think anthem has the best gameplay this gen at all lol, biowares up for grabs on opinions after 2 botches in a row)

Oct 26, 2017
Very agreed, OP. There are aspects to the gameplay and loot that I love more in Destiny. However, I can't believe this game isn't getting more praise for the characters, their interactions, and moment-to-moment scenes. The story is generic along with the villain. Haluk, Faye, Owen, even Matthias....all great.

Ok so explain the Metacritic and OpenCritic average scores then? You know, places that have absolutely nothing to do with ERA/GAF

Or just explain how people in general feel/think about Anthem in any other place, besides Bioware fan forums
You can dislike something and not be toxic about it. Era/GAF are not great about doing this.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bioware and Anthem are anything but good right now. Could change in the future, but first impressions mean a lot, and Bioware fucked that up good.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone has a game they like that everyone else doesn't, it's not a crime to enjoy a game that most people don't.

I legit felt that Shadow the Hedgehog was fun. It was a broken mess, but still fun.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
It's video game discourse in 2019, OP. It's generally going to be negative because digital schadenfreude drives clicks and tends to garner an emotional response by readership.

Anthem's a good game and Bioware is going to be fine.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But to me Bioware has delivered an incredible experience, the best in the GAAS genre under a ton of aspects: the gameplay more fun than almost any other game this generation
DHfucgKXsAA6228.jpg

Only thing I agree on is that the game is pretty to look at. Aside from that, it's a buggy mess imho. Glad you were able to get enjoyment out of it, OP.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
There is no issue with liking a game a lot of other people don't like. If EA/Bioware are serious about fixing the issues the game has hopefully that makes it worth while for those in the community who decide to stick around

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
The OT is mostly negative, justified imo but that's just how it is. I don't blame OP for wanting a positive thread for a game he enjoys.
While I understand this I don't really think that works well because if you know everyone hates a game, it's not really normal.

Kinda like if I made a "sonic 06 isn't THAT bad, the OT is biased" thread, what do you expect?

People are always gonna like them but still, yeah...

ccieag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vail, CO
It's definitely not the typical Bioware game, and will get backlash for that alone. However, the game is simply a buggy mess, and complete disaster in its current state. Who knows down the line ...

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

17c.png