• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i mean, don't get me wrong: Batman & Robin is a bad movie, it's a toy commercial, it set CBMs back a few years but at least with that movie, there's "it's so bad, it's kind of funny" sort of way. Batman v. Superman is bad in a sense that it's just joyless, there's no heart put into it, it's just a thoroughly boring, joyless, abomination of a film. It has no value whatsoever.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I actually think BvS is more interesting in the ways it fails (it's ultimately a movie I like but I understand why a lot of people don't like it). Batman & Robin is mostly just corporate 90s cheese, a lot of BvS' failings seem like specific artistic decisions by Snyder and as a result there's really nothing else like it.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
The only good part of Batman and Robin is Arnold Schwarzeneggar's Mr. Freeze.

And for that you can just go to youtube and watch the Mr. Freeze clips that were edited together in a less than 40 minute movie.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nah the wonder woman theme in BvsS is soooooooo good. Gets me pumping so much when those three were in the screen together.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The whole black zero event from the beginning of the film is better than most cbm's.

That Was total Batman.

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
Feel the same way about Die Another Day, arguably the worst Bond movie ever but because it's cheesy and bad it's more fun to watch than just a mediocre Bond movie.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I unironocally enjoy Batman 66
So id have to agree.
Synder should have made Batman films though, theyd be more well recieved than his take on Superman
Edit: oh youre not talking about 66 welp

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
That's because Batman and Robin isn't a soulless husk of a film desperately trying to jumpstart a cinematic universe in one film. It actually has personality along with well cast/excellent antagonists. Also, the suits have nipples.

It's been a decade or so since I last saw it but damn, Alicia Silverstone Batgirl too. Rubber lips.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed.

I can actually laugh at Batman and Robin, epecially with the very quotable Mr. Freeze.

BvS just pisses me off.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i consider myself a connoisseur of "it's so bad it's good" cinema but i can't even make through batman and robin. it's like waking up hungover and having somebody smashing a drumset right next to your bed

Last edited:

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Batman and Robin is also almost an hour shorter than the BvS ultimate cut or whatever the hell it's called.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts

panel.jpg

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Eh...they are both trash. I give the nod of almost watchable to BVS though, it had some decent ideas and great scenes hidden in the mess and B&R just put me to sleep.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
For me my watching preference would be Batman Forever > Batman v Superman > Batman & Robin > Justice League.

Batman & Robin at least has entertainment value in how stupid it is. Justice League is entirely vapid.

Daschiel

Oct 28, 2017
i mean, don't get me wrong: Batman & Robin is a bad movie, it's a toy commercial, it set CBMs back a few years but at least with that movie, there's "it's so bad, it's kind of funny" sort of way. Batman v. Superman is bad in a sense that it's just joyless, there's no heart put into it, it's just a thoroughly boring, joyless, abomination of a film. It has no value whatsoever.

They are both bad friend, just one happens to be worse than the other..... If it wasnt for Mr Freeze Arnold they would both be equally bad.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I would simply because Batman & Robin is way shorter than BvS, and I happened to like Goldenthal's score and some of the Bruce Wayne scenes.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with you OP. B&R has some entertainment value to it, BvS is just a chore to watch.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There's a surprisingly deep line Alfred gives Bruce about the nature of Batman in B&R

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is taking the hate bandwagon too far. BvS had structural issues, but it was superior to B&R in every single way.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
The way I see it BR is intentionally campy, while BvS is unintentionally Mommie Dearest type camp. Both have their pros and cons.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I unironocally enjoy Batman 66
So id have to agree.
Synder should have made Batman films though, theyd be more well recieved than his take on Superman
Edit: oh youre not talking about 66 welp
That movie is crazy and hilarious. I watched it for the first time a couple years ago and couldn't believe this was made.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Cool party!

But seriously I'd rather watch Batman & Robin than any of the Nolan Batman movies, Batman vs Superman or any of the MCU films. I just don't like them at all and I have a soft spot for trash movies and Batman & Robin is godlike when it comes to that. I'd never claim it's a good movie by any means, but to me it's still a lot of fun.

Pixel Grotto

Oct 27, 2017
Don't agree with this retroactive movement in the last few years to pretend that B&R is actually a "so bad its good" movie.

It's not. Batman Forever could be considered that, but 80% of B&R is just inane. The beginning and end fights with Freeze are okay, and Alfred gets some good development but the rest is terrible.

For all its faults, BvS is more watchable and interesting.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Its prolly my fifth favorite batman movie tho after the dark knight trilogy and phantasm

It has some problems with plotting and some shitty acting from Lex but I also liked a lot of ideas in there and how nihilistic Bruce got

Plus opening metropolis scene is still the best big city attack they've shown in these superhero flicks. The on the ground perspective made it look especially terrifying and grand

Also batman forever is waaaaay better than batman and Robin. Fuck that movie