• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Just announced during the Nintendo Direct Mini!

ClHd0ti.png

A new, ultimate version of the exhilarating action game set in the Zelda universe will include every map and mission, plus all 29 playable characters from both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of the game, along with all of the previous paid downloadable content. Play as Link, Zelda, Midna, Skull Kid and dozens more in action-packed battles at home or on the go. Additionally, the game includes new outfits for Link and Zelda based on the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/hyrule-warriors-switch

Coming Spring 2018.

Last edited:

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Man... Nintendo, you also jumping on this "definitive edition" train? Deluxe has a better ring to it, knowing it's the same game but with additions.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Sold Fire Emblem Warriors 2 days ago, NO REGRETS
This is all I wanted, since I skipped the 3DS version.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming this includes all the content from both the WiiU and 3DS versions, I am in for a double dip.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Oh thank god. I'd always been conflicted between the Wii U and 3DS versions because they each had different content and benefits (portable being a huge plus). Now I don't have to decide.

Assuming this includes all the content from both the WiiU and 3DS versions, I am in for a double dip.
It does. Every map, character, mission and all DLC from both versions. New BotW outfits too.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh thank god. I'd always been conflicted between the Wii U and 3DS versions because they each had different content and benefits (portable being a huge plus). Now I don't have to decide.

It does. Every map, character, mission and all DLC from both versions. New BotW outfits too.

Sweet, day one purchase for me then. I've played the WiiU version, but didn't want to buy the game again on the 3ds.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bought both the Wii U and 3ds games. Dumped over a hundred hours into each. Will GLADLY buy it all again in one package. I can't wait!

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This game was a good thing I think. It will be Nintendo/KT's RE4 and be ported on every Nintendo system ever. And it will probably sell well on all of them too.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Aw yeah! Best Warriors game is coming to the Switch! It's what I hoped for but didn't expect to happen!

Plus we get BOTW outfits for Link and Zelda!

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Omg

This is a ridiculous amount of content. Like 1000 hours worth. Not sure I want to start again. I might get it if there's ever a lull.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
I wish we would get Xenoblade X instead of this, but I guess Hyrule Warriors makes more sense financially. :/

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So does this include the other content from the 3DS version, not just the characters?

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
More muso? More skipping.
Yeah, this decision was probably made prior to Fire Emblem Warriors bombing.It couldn't have been that expensive to port though. And for those that are interested there are literally hundreds of hours of gameplay here. I never tried the DLC because the base game was more than enough to keep me occupied

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm.. I played the hell out of Hyrule Warriors when it first came out but skipped it on the 3DS, so this sounds enticing to me but after Fire Emblem Warriors and its improvements, I'm not sure I can go back.