rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Might consider it when they fix the frame rate and load times. Liked what I did play though.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
This game looks really intriguing but I don't know about paying 30 bucks for it in its current state.

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
I want so badly this game to be good... Gonna wait for my friends and for early impressions.

I could not try the alpha, any impressions here, people?

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Considering how trash the networking is and how terrible the performance is this seems like a bad move.

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Latency is a big problem, even more so than the terrible performance.

Concept is amazing though

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Recommended system requirements....

Intel i5 3.2ghz
970 4gb
12gb ram.

Yeah, Good luck with that

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure that's historically been an issue for games on Steam given how things like ARK and DayZ sold.
Things were a little different backm then. This will serve as the games release and the terrible performance will drive people away instantly. It is a lot easier to get a refund now than it was when DayZ or ARK hit EA.

Hopping_Mad

User banned for use of alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Australia
We just had the alpha and while the game is quite good it needs a hell of a lot of work. Ill come back in 6 months to a year before I even thinking of buying it.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Amazing game. Played 30+ hours of alpha. Will buy it now. Also someone make an OT pls

Hopping_Mad

User banned for use of alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Australia
Just read the EA, so they have character customization but they are keeping it randomized? If I want to play as a cowboy or some 1800s confederate sniper wrapped in a tarp, then I want to customize my guy, not have a random roll.

Rivi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My brother had an overheating issue with the game even when he dropped the settings anyone have this issue

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Currently 700 people playing. Still super early, but those aren't the numbers you want to see on day one.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Surprise launch is probably a factor also. If this is going be successful I think it'll take some time to grow the player base.
Yeah, totally. Still plenty of room to grow, but for the casual passerby, a low player count could be deadly. Low player count leads people to believe no one is playing it, which causes them to pass by it, which causes no one to continue playing it.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, totally. Still plenty of room to grow, but for the casual passerby, a low player count could be deadly. Low player count leads people to believe no one is playing it, which causes them to pass by it, which causes no one to continue playing it.
To be fair, given it was only an hour ago, the average buyer may not have been able to download the game yet. It's at #3 on the top global sellers list right now, which should be a lot more than 700 people just from that.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
£25 is way too steep. For the yanks' benefit that's about $35.

The game is really, really good though. Especially if they've bumped up the performance and networking a little bit.

I want so badly this game to be good... Gonna wait for my friends and for early impressions.

I could not try the alpha, any impressions here, people?
It's absolutely fantastic. Only problem is the performance and network code are a bit choppy.

When it works, it's amazing.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
Looks rough as all hell from Twitch , performance is garbage tier as well.

It does look interesting but the stealth release given how rough it is stinks of cash grab , i'll give it a few months and see what kind of progress they make.

Deleted member 2595

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It does look interesting but the stealth release given how rough it is stinks of cash grab , i'll give it a few months and see what kind of progress they make.
"cash grab"? What?

> Crytek UK have been in dire financial straits for a couple of years and barely managed to squeeze this title out while paying their employees
> the "stealth release" will be because of the aforementioned super-tight funding – millions in marketing is required to make even a small dent in public interest
> performance was truly rough back when the alpha launched, but two big patches over this month improved performance greatly. They've already made big improvements, there's no reason it would let up here
> the actual game design is phenomenal. You can call it "rough" all you want but you should try before you slate

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017
"cash grab"? What?

> Crytek UK have been in dire financial straits for a couple of years and barely managed to squeeze this title out while paying their employees
> the "stealth release" will be because of the aforementioned super-tight funding – millions in marketing is required to make even a small dent in public interest
> performance was truly rough back when the alpha launched, but two big patches over this month improved performance greatly. They've already made big improvements, there's no reason it would let up here
> the actual game design is phenomenal. You can call it "rough" all you want but you should try before you slate

Honestly it always comes across as super weird when you get these passive aggressive defence posts , chill out friend. Maybe stop taking criticism of your new favourite game as a personal slight and just move on next time , aye ?

Edit - I was actually about to pull the trigger on a purchase until I watched a little more Twitch , I don't think it's an entirely controversial opinion to think it might be worth the wait to see how development pans out. Plus my mic is broken and it doesn't look like a game you can play without comms

Last edited:

Enordash

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
I actually enjoyed this quite a bit with my limited alpha access. The performance isn't so bad as to detract from the core experience. If people are interested, definitely check it out.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I was in the alpha and the concept is great, the map they've created is probably the best in the genre, the audio and visuals are top notch and the atmosphere is amazing, so creepy. The big problems right now are performance which is awful, really awful, I have a very high end PC so it's playable for me, but it's running at about 50% of the FPS it should be, the loading times are extremely long, the servers have countless errors which makes playing with friends difficult, as well as completing a game without being hit with error x3001. I think they've jumped into EA way too soon. The game has a ton of potential though and I bought it myself, but I know what I'm expecting and I have a powerful enough PC to brute force the lack of optimisation but for average Joe this is going to run terribly.

Golden_Pigeon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just played one crazy good game where the potential of the game was clearly showing: try night mode map. The game look stuningly good, the ambient is really well done, the scare - factor is off the chart since you're fighting with all kind of monsters AND others humans. I didn't felt as tense since my firsts PUBG solo games.

Deleted member 2595

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it always comes across as super weird when you get these passive aggressive defence posts , chill out friend. Maybe stop taking criticism of your new favourite game as a personal slight and just move on next time , aye ?

Edit - I was actually about to pull the trigger on a purchase until I watched a little more Twitch , I don't think it's an entirely controversial opinion to think it might be worth the wait to see how development pans out. Plus my mic is broken and it doesn't look like a game you can play without comms

It's nothing to do with the game. I was miffed by you implying that the developers were somehow corrupt, based on some Twitch viewing and with no prior knowledge of the game or developer's history.

This would irritate me no matter what thread we're in, no matter what game we're talking about, no matter what studio we were talking about.

It's not unreasonable at all to wait and see how Early Access pans out – I'll probably be giving it a couple of weeks myself – but that was not the thrust of your post.

I just played one crazy good game where the potential of the game was clearly showing: try night mode map. The game look stuningly good, the ambient is really well done, the scare - factor is off the chart since you're fighting with all kind of monsters AND others humans. I didn't felt as tense since my firsts PUBG solo games.
Yeah, there are times when it really hits PUBG style heart-thudding panic – the nice twist being that everyone has a more specific goal than just "survive". It's great that some players might be chasing others, some might just be trying to survive, some might be trying to escape. The best match I had included my partner being gunned down in a tall-reeds ambush, but then ghouls ambushing the attackers so I managed to take them all down and escape for a sweet victory.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Things like ARK and PUBG throws away an performance is going to be the problem arguments when it comes to early access games. Especially in the case of Hunted where it actually looks really good. Performance being an issue would actually far more understandable and expected in this situation. What's really the excuse of the other early access games?

That said I've wanted to play this and test this out. $30 is kinda steep given what's available content wise right now. I was hoping to get in the alpha but that's clearly over.

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
It's nothing to do with the game. I was miffed by you implying that the developers were somehow corrupt, based on some Twitch viewing and with no prior knowledge of the game or developer's history.

This would irritate me no matter what thread we're in, no matter what game we're talking about, no matter what studio we were talking about.

It's not unreasonable at all to wait and see how Early Access pans out – I'll probably be giving it a couple of weeks myself – but that was not the thrust of your post.

He didn't. He stated it seems like a cash grab, which implies that they are trying to get profits as much as possible.

and you basically agreed.

"cash grab"? What?

All of Crytek has been in financial trouble for years and has been doing some very odd and sometimes questionable things. Their issues haven't been secret at all.

RulkezX

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, there are times when it really hits PUBG style heart-thudding panic – the nice twist being that everyone has a more specific goal than just "survive". It's great that some players might be chasing others, some might just be trying to survive, some might be trying to escape. The best match I had included my partner being gunned down in a tall-reeds ambush, but then ghouls ambushing the attackers so I managed to take them all down and escape for a sweet victory.

All I said was that it seemed like a cash grab, then you agreed by going on a rant about how poor Crytek are.

I implied no corruption , I merely suggested that it was likely pushed out so early cause they need the cash.

Deleted member 2595

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He didn't. He stated it seems like a cash grab, which implies that they are trying to get profits as much as possible.

What? "Trying to get profits as much as possible" = every enterprise in modern history. Under that definition, literally every capitalist enterprise is a "cash grab". I.e. an attempt to make money.

"Cash grab" is a pejorative phrase and the user used it as one. They implied that this game's practices were dodgy/insincere and used the term "cash grab" to highlight that. I fully disagreed with that implication and called it out.

All of Crytek has been in financial trouble for years and has been doing some very odd and sometimes questionable things. Their issues haven't been secret at all.

Um... yes? Where did I say their issues were secret? I brought this up because there's a public history behind the apparent desperation they're displaying with The Hunt. I brought this up to explain to that user why this game's price and PR punt is perfectly justified – Crytek need this title to succeed.

All I said was that it seemed like a cash grab, then you agreed by going on a rant about how poor Crytek are.

I implied no corruption , I merely suggested that it was likely pushed out so early cause they need the cash.

Fair enough if that's the case – "stealth release given how rough it is stinks of a cash grab", especially the word "stinks", sounds strongly like an accusation. That's why I took issue.

To boot, you only just mentioned the word "early" - you never used the word 'early' originally, and now what you're saying makes a lot more sense. You didn't suggest the time angle at all. It seemed like a blanket assertion.

Either way, literally everything a business ever does is a cash grab. I don't see what impact that has on anything.

Last edited:

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Play the game in night mode. It has the best atmosphere and gameplay imo.

DWWQjUxXUAAkl9f.jpg:large

Those flares are from players. We played hide and seek in the middle of the cornfield. Shit was tense

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Gonna post my impressions from the alpha:

I'm seriously starting to love this game. I've been desperately wanting someone to introduce more PvE to the Battle Royale formula, and this does it really well. The sound design works wonders in creating a super tense atmosphere where you're constantly trying to deal with mobs silently and avoid the fucking crows (WHICH ARE EVERYWHERE) so that you don't tip off other players. The fact that they have an agitated state that the trained ear can recognise is really nice, and when shit goes wrong it goes wrong in really quick entertaining ways. I've had a half dozen player v player shootouts get settled or at least complicated by the AI at this point, and it just makes it that much more interesting. Also the lighting is frankly bonkers atmospheric, especially at night in some of the open fields. Once this is properly optimised it's going to be a thing to behold. I'm also liking the direction they seem to be taking with regards to expanding on the boss formula, like adding double boss maps, and hopefully they'll push it more in those directions.

That said, I do agree that camping the boss needs to be changed. Maybe they should add some sort of penalty for hanging out in the boss area for too long, like waves of zombies getting aggroed, or some sort of alarm system that you have no option but to set off when you enter the boss' arena.