Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
http://economics.dwnews.com/news/2019-05-20/60134463.html

In an interview with the Chinese media today, Huawei CEO says that his entire family uses iphone products, and that he loves Apple's ecosystem. He even gave his family an Apple computer when they goes oversea. He feels that it is close minded to think that if you love Huawei, you should love/use Huawei products.

Last edited:

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I think he's saying that loving the company doesnt necessary mean you must love or use the company's products
Yeah like if you love all Samsung phones doesn't mean you love each product or even buy one. Heck, it doesn't even mean you have to hate on competitor products. Same goes for Apple, Google, etc.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I remember Melinda Gates saying Apple devices were banned in their household.
Poor kids, they must have been forced to use Windows Mobile/Phone

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I remember working for a company once and having the CEO come by and ask me what X was on my desk. I was like "Uhhhh. Its the thing we make."

Kinda disheartening.

Feb 1, 2018
This isn't abnormal, Apple products are a huge status symbol in Asia and most businesspeople use them. The security of iOS and easy MDM help as well

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
So Apple must be doing something right. I'll finally try an iPhone when they finish with the notch thing

Edit: and massive bezels

Last edited:

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing not to like, Apple's ecosystem is amazing. It's one of the things they do best.

Freestyler

Oct 27, 2017
He's worth $1.7 billion USD, of course he's not gonna be a Green Bubble and use a phone for poor people.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
surface-pro-kullandilar.jpg

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah all my friends have iPhones and no one uses imessage more than whatsapp
iMessage is really only a thing in the US. Most other countries have a dedicated messaging app that became the de facto standard due to shitty SMS/MMS carrier policies in the 00s. The US based carriers were aggressive on unlimited messaging plans early on, so people ended up relying on SMS, and iMessage automatically works in that it uses your phone number and defaults to it when it detects the recipient is on an iPhone. You don't even have to do anything.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
iMessage is really only a thing in the US. Most other countries have a dedicated messaging app that became the de facto standard due to shitty SMS/MMS carrier policies in the 00s. The US based carriers were aggressive on unlimited messaging plans early on, so people ended up relying on SMS, and iMessage automatically works in that it uses your phone number and defaults to it when it detects the recipient is on an iPhone. You don't even have to do anything.

I can't speak for elsewhere but Sweden is very iPhone heavy, most of the people in my social sphere use iMessage as default, and I often see people in busses and trains do it too. WhatsApp might be #2 and FB Messenger #3

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, this. Personally, I don't know anyone who uses an iPhone and doesn't use iMessage. Obviously that's anecdotal, as is the fact that not even once has a friend suggested I use WhatsApp or any other chatting app. In fact I'd be shocked if most of my friends even knew what those apps were. It's just a regional thing. I know a few who use Facebook messenger, but mainly only if they're already in the facebook app and wanna share something or whatever. EDIT: Oh, and I am in the US.