Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
So I am in the mood to replay Paper Mario 64 (I got the physical N64 copy, N64, etc, just no TV anymore), and I am trying to connect the Pro Controller to work with PJ64 and it's not working, I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Can someone help?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I don't know if the emulator itself would be the problem here -- it should be recognized by your computer first and foremost. Does it work with other software?

Daccus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you're connected through Bluetooth it should just be recognized as a D-input device by Project64.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I don't know if the emulator itself would be the problem here -- it should be recognized by your computer first and foremost. Does it work with other software?

It is connected to the computer, even checked it with Steam and it does work, it just won't connect to PJ64.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
You need betterjoyconforcemu. It will read your pro controller as an xinput device. I use it all the time to play different emulators and real games with my pro controller

zebetite

Oct 25, 2017
Mississauga, ON
pro controller support on pc is the fuckiest of all the current consoles

you say you can use it on steam, but that may simply be because steam's xinput wrapper has decided to work for you (for reference: it does not work at all for me)

however, steam's xinput wrapper will only work for steam titles, which P64 is not. you'll need something like BetterJoyForCEMU to get it to register as a generic xinput controller within Windows

i was only able to get this to work via bluetooth connection - wired still didn't work

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
You need betterjoyconforcemu. It will read your pro controller as an xinput device. I use it all the time to play different emulators and real games with my pro controller
Alternatively, you could add the emulator to Steam as a non-Steam game and get it working that way, though you'd probably have to run Steam as admin. (I have to if I want my Sn30 Pro+ to be recognized in Pro Controller mode in non-Steam software applications.)

zebetite - Did you ever try launching Steam with admin privileges? I had the same issue until I did that, which fixed it.

Last edited: