How many?

• Like, pretty much none. What?!

Votes: 66 24.9%
  • Probably around half 🤷‍♀️

Votes: 87 32.8%
  • Almost all of them, I'm an Ancient Gamer™

Votes: 84 31.7%
  • Every single one, probably even a few no one else but my uncle at Nintendo knows about

Votes: 28 10.6%

• Total voters

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Just saw this video and kind of expected there might be some I didn't know about, and yeah, pretty sure a few of these are pretty obscure. Like why would you ever need the Snowman's Land one? You know, thinking about it, are modern Mario games missing really deep secrets like this? Teleports, secret exits, warps to the final world? There's the kind of obligatory warp pipes in a few modern Mario games, but they feel extremely token nowadays. I guess they'd be totally blown out in online videos immediately but some of these are pretty tough to find. Anything mysterious I'm not thinking of?

OP
OP
Stopdoor

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
You know, I could've sworn they added one to the Castle Grounds in the DS version at least for multiplayer, but I just tried standing under a few trees and couldn't get anything to trigger. Made-up memories, I guess. Also noticing though in that mode, it claims to only be 30 seconds long but it's clearly using longer than actual seconds, huh. 30 second limit was always really annoying, but interesting they fudge it as well for some reason.

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I found some of them when I was a kid I think. Bomb Om Battlefield (the hole the cannonballs come out of), Cool Cool Mountain (the broken bridge), Lethal Lava Land (under the eye), Shifting Sand Land (the far side of the tree/facing away from the pyramid), Snowman's Land and Tiny Huge Island. I had no idea there was one in every level tho.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
I played the shit out of this game when it first came out and even played a little of the releases on the DS and e-shop. I only knew about the cool cool mountain one lol

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I onky knew about the two in Bob-omb Battlefield and the one in Cool Cool Mountain

DarkSora

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
How the hell did people find even half of these? Lol.

I only knew the ones in bob omb battlefield, thwomps fortress, and cool, cool, mountain.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I think I knew about all but one or two of them from the original Mario 64, but if I'm honest I did have the guide book for the game.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I knew the two in Bomb Bomb Battlefield, Cool, Cool, Mountain, Lethal Lava Land, and Rainbow Ride.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Most if not all. I probably had a guide or something that showed them, but I remember finding a good number of them on my own.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I only knew 4, meaning I could actually go to those spots on purpose. But most of the rest, I remember stumbling across, but wouldn't have been able to find again.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Wet Dry World and Tall Tall Mountain ones would've helped me if I knew about them. Always used those flipping enemies to get up in WDW when the water was low and that Tall Tall Mountain underside ledge was always awkward trying to jump down to.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I knew all of them, but I'd forgotten about the tall tall mountain one, and I wandered around the wet dry world one just yesterday thinking that something was hidden there but figured my mind was playing tricks on me.

Inside the pyramid however is completely new to me!

Of course I only knew most of them anyway via gaming mags so I can't pretend I was all that and a bag of chips

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
Didn't know about the flower patch ones in Bob omb Battlefield or the Wet Dry world warp but have used all the others.

I can't even remember how to get to the cannon on Tall, Tall Mountain without the warp.

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
Only Cool Cool Mountain, but I had completely forgotten Yoshi was even in the game. I was experiencing some serious Mandela Effect when I saw him in the GameXplain 120 stars stream.

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
half of them were old news for me since back in 1997 but there were a couple i had never seen until now.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
I figured there'd be at least one, but I knew all of them. A bunch of them, like Wet Dry World canon, are basically the only way I know how to get around at this point. I don't even remember what the rest of the Bob-Omb Battlefield mountain looks like passed the warp lol

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I knew about all of them, though the only ones remotely useful are the Cool, Cool Mountain one and the ones that let you get back to the main level from an area you'd normally be stuck in.

I'm honestly surprised there isn't one in the town area of Wet Dry World to get back to the starting section.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
I didn't know snowman's land or the pyramid for sure. I don't remember if I knew rainbow ride or tall tall mountain.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
How the hell did people find even half of these? Lol.

I only knew the ones in bob omb battlefield, thwomps fortress, and cool, cool, mountain.
As a kid, just controlling Mario blew my mind. I explored every nook and cranny of this game, not like there was much else to play anyway on n64 at them

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this is such a nostalgia hit. At first, on reading the video title, I didn't remember any warp points. But each one came back to me just before the video ran through them. They were like secrets passed and shared among friends, in whispered breaths. Takes me back.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
There's more levels in this game GX didn't cover so I guess not all levels have a secret warp point.

Stumbled across the wet dry world warp point near the cannon though and had the same reaction as Andre. Why would you want to warp away from there? Maybe to let the player know where to warp back to the cannon.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
i definitely knew the flower patch in the first level.

i'm sure i knew about some others, but its like such a insignificant fact about it, not really something i remember too well

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had a guide way back when, so I knew of all of these, but off-hand, I was only 100% sure about Bob-omb Battlefield, Whomp's Fortress, Cool Cool Mountain, Lethal Lava Land, the outside one in Shifting Sand Land, and Wet-Dry World.

As far as secrets go, I only found out about this 1up this year, lol.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Knew about them all except for the Snow Man's Land one. Others I didn't know were two-way, like the one in Rainbow Ride (although, like the video says, there's no real good reason to back to the castle from the maze roof).

The one in Whomp's Fortress is super useful but I don't use it that much for whatever reason.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Almost all but three. I had no idea Bob-om Battlefield had a second one in the flower patches or that there was one in Shifting Sand Land's pyramid, and I never new about the one in Snowman's Land.