• 1 - 3 hours

Votes: 649 66.9%
  • 3 - 5

Votes: 187 19.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 10 - 15

Votes: 11 1.1%
  • 15 - 24 is this a hardcore gaming forum or not?

Votes: 4 0.4%

• Total voters

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
So I have late shifts the whole week, get off at midnight (home office though) and am contemplating right now if I should do a quick 30 min gaming session after work, either Miles Morales or Blops CW.
I'd prefer a longer session of course, but during the day I have to look after our daughter. When I do 9-to-5 or on weekends I'll try to at least get a good 2 hours gaming time in. Feels long enough to make good progress in most games and also leaves time for other activities.
How long do your gaming sessions usually last?

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Generally 30 mins to an hour.

Maybe once a year I find a game I REALLY like and have the time to play it for 2-3 hours at a time.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
3 hrs tops most of the time. After that I start getting tired.

I can occasionally do some a 5hrs session if my friends and I get a lot into a new MP game. Or some SP game really catches my attention (rarely happens, with Yakuza, Souls-like being the usual suspects on this)

dogbox

Jan 30, 2019
Spaceball Arena
Holy fuck like 10-30 minutes at a time. Nothing gets much time except the Switch these days. Would love a day to marathon some stuff though...

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
WFH has done wonders for my backlog. While I typically spend about 1-1.5 hours after my commute, that entire time has been replaced by gaming.
I'm not going to lie, I hope my office just lets us stay home forever.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
They used to be about 6-8 hours long. Now they're averaging around an hour or two.

Oct 31, 2017
Nowadays, it's probably close to 1 to 1.5 hours for me. I agree that 2 hours is a pretty solid gaming session, and pretty much anything beyond 2.5 is lengthy and too long for me. After two and a half I at least have to take a break for a bit, but it's most likely that after that I won't play any more games in a day.

When I was younger, I could probably do closer to 6, but I was never a person to go beyond that really. And 6 would have been my rare max.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
At week days maybe 3 hours.

At weekends sometimes anywhere from 6 to 16 hours a day if I feel like playing videogames the whole day (usually Sundays).

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Usually 30 mins to 1 hour.

Only ever done sessions longer than 2 hours on day 1 for games I have been looking forward too a lot which aren't many.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Weekdays when I have energy, it is 1-3 hours. 3-5 on weekends.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Used to be 5hrs+ whenever I was free before I developed VSS. After developing it, I can only last 3 hours or so before needing to take a break, and that's on a good day.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Used to be 5 hours a day when Destiny 1 was at its peak. Now 30 min to 1 hour. Sometimes a game will grab me and I'll play longer sessions, like Valhalla had me for 3 hours at a time.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Anywhere from just a couple rounds of Halo/COD to around 3 hours. Very rarely do I play for more than 3 hours at a time

Th3BranMan

Nov 8, 2017
In high school, easily 6-10 hours.

Now as a full timer with a wife and child, I'm lucky to get up to 2 hours on weeknights, or early AM on weekends.

Thank God for Era.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
Usually 1-3 hours per game, then I have to rotate my game when I occasionally get to play longer. I struggle to play games when I have less than a hour to play and I cannot play before I go to bed due to them effecting my sleep especially if I am up early for work.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Usually 1-3 hours. But new consoles and lockdowns have bumped that up quite a bit recently…

Bandate

Nov 6, 2017
30mins to an hour at most. Some good days on a weekend maybe 2 hours or so. I'm sure it'll change when we eventually have kids.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Normally 1 to 3 hours

Always blows my mind when streamers play for like 10 hours in a row

After a few hours I want to do something else, being stuck having to play and entertain people for 10 hours in a row sounds like hell to me

Necronomicon

Banned
Dec 11, 2017
This year I think I played more than when I was a child.
Coronavirus took many things but gave me a lot of free time.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
1-3hrs is about my average. When I was younger I'd be able to go all day, but now I find myself getting worn out after hour 3 or so unless I'm really enjoying the game.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
An hour and a half tops but usually about 30 min to 1 hour. I usually just get bored and stop

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Usually 1-2 hours. I tend to get tired after that, but I've had much longer sessions when I'm playing a game I'm enjoying a lot.

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
3-5 hours in the morning and night is my typical gaming session when I'm really into something. After a long game I will usually play far less to recharge my human batteries for a couple days or even weeks and then I'm right back at it with a new game.

smart patrol

Oct 27, 2017
Average play session is probably 2 hrs. Though I can do 6-8 hrs when one of those big "event" games come out and I can't stop playing (BOTW, RDR2, Cyberpunk soon).

The meme about reading ERA more than playing games is absolutely true.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
Lately, it's been about 3-5 hours thanks to Like A Dragon.

Normally, it's between 1.5-2 hours with other games.

streepmeryl

Mar 4, 2018
3 hrs tops most of the time. After that I start getting tired.

I can occasionally do some a 5hrs session if my friends and I get a lot into a new MP game. Or some SP game really catches my attention (rarely happens, with Yakuza, Souls-like being the usual suspects on this)
this
small bite sized sesh's help with pacing out games that interest me

Last edited:

chatsquared

Nov 19, 2020
Usually an hour or so at a time unless there's a game I'm hyperfocusing on, in which case multiple hours will pass and I won't notice at all. A couple days ago I was shocked to see that I pumped 11 hours into Ghost of Tsushima over two sessions. I'm thankful that I work so early in the morning and can have these huge chunks of time during the middle of the day to myself.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
I'd like it to be more, but I can only get about 0.5-2 hours usually (depending on the game.) But then every once in a while I get into a Paradox strategy game or some super engrossing RPG and then time ceases to mean anything I suddenly have the free time to play like 3-4 hours at a time.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Depends on the game, and day of the week.

I try to get in an hour or two of COD or whatever MP game I'm playing currently through the week. Weekends I might play five or six hours a day, usually in sessions no longer than two hours at a time. MMOs, RPGs, or 4x games can be longer sessions if I lose track of time.

This morning I sat down at like 8am and lost myself in AC Valhalla for four or five hours straight before realizing how much time I had been sitting there.