Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Got this thing and barely use it, decided I wanted to play a new game but this thing is legit hurting me

UiSHtEV.png

I lay like this, my back and neck start hurting

fszQEaC.png

I lay like this, my fingers and hand start hurting + dont get me started on when it jumps from my hands and hits my face

do people just stand or sit or something?

plnOfho.png

Do I need to get some special gaming pillow or something

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
These topics are getting a bit weird now. The first 7 words kinda indicate it's a troll post as well.

I'll bite though, it's not the most comfortable device I've ever used but I can't say it's ever hurt me or been difficult to play on.

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Sit on a couch and hold it with your hands?

But like actually how? It starts hurting after a short period either my neck or back

These topics are getting a bit weird now. The first 7 words kinda indicate it's a troll post as well.

I'll bite though, it's not the most comfortable device I've ever used but I can't say it's ever hurt me or been difficult to play on.

i am literally 100% serious about this

i can't use the thing for longer than a couple of minutes before discomfort hits

edit: wait you thought i was trolling because i don't use my switch often??

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I sit on a couch and then my neck gets tired from looking down. So after an hour or so I stop playing.
To play longer, what I do is put it on top of my ipad pop-up pillow and play with a pro controller. Then I give up cause the screen is too small and just play call of duty mobile, or GTA San Andreas, on the ipad with a controller.

DarkJ

Nov 11, 2017
What is a comfortable position to read a book usually translates to handhelds well.

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
What's the green thing supposed to represent

Sit in a chair or on a couch

that's my pillow

I sit on a couch and then my neck gets tired from looking down. So after an hour or so I stop playing.
To play longer, what I do is put it on top of my ipad pop-up pillow and play with a pro controller. Then I give up cause the screen is too small and just play call of duty mobile, or GTA San Andreas, on the ipad with a controller.

yeah this sounds somewhat like my experience, except the pain starts sooner and i don't have any options to change the switch gaming

Ser Ignatius

Chicken Chaser
Apr 15, 2020
I usually sit on the couch with a pillow in my lap and my hands/switch resting on that. Someone should definitely introduce the concept of ergonomics to Nintendo though.

Oct 25, 2017
Sit in a chair with armrests and go from there.

Anyways that's my serious response so let me indulge.

HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
What is a comfortable position to read a book usually translates to handhelds well.

This is what's messing me up because everything i do for books (although i'm largely kindle now) is killing me with the switch

i'm also on my phone right now in one of the aforementioned positions and it's all good

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
This is what's messing me up because everything i do for books (although i'm largely kindle now) is killing me with the switch

i'm also on my phone right now in one of the aforementioned positions and it's all good

yeah, I don't get it either. I have a kindle paperwhite and have no problems reading stuff on it. But I can make the font really really large, and the kindle paperwhite is very very light and bright. Maybe that helps.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
How do you, like, read a book? It's about the same for me. Lying in bed to do it isn't the most comfortable on my elbows or upper arms eventually, but it's not *that* bad.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Sell it

And on the sale post, explain that you are too frail and your body is too weak to use such a device and didn't account for that at the time of purchase

Also change your screen name, as you are no longer worthy to be called Kegels since you cannot perform them

I'm joking

Or am I?

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if I'm playing in bed I just sit up and put it against my knees. It's too heavy to really use in other positions.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are something else. How do you read GRRM or Sanderson hardcover books in bed?

Ailanthium

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
The Switch is a bit heavy so I honestly have to shift around to keep myself comfortable. Handheld gaming has always had that problem but the weight makes it hard to keep steady laying down or whatever. I play my Switch mostly on the bus these days, where I won't be comfortable no matter what I do anyways. Otherwise, it's in TV mode or propped on a stand on my coffee table.