How do you feel about horseshoe mustaches?

• yes

Votes: 55 15.4%
  • no

Votes: 148 41.5%
  • lol

Votes: 154 43.1%

• Total voters

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
horseshoe-mustache-classic-683x1024.jpg

I normally have a full beard but went to shadow outside of leaving my mustache long a few days ago. Saw my lady friend earlier for the first time since shaving and she laughed in my face 😅
934d9d69fbe22dc43c7a91fb035395a1.jpg

Are horseshoe mustaches that bad?

Last edited:

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Pretty good if you're trying for a role as a wild west sheriff or old timey baseball player

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It always seems to be something someone wears as an ironic joke, but they kind of get stuck. same with mullets
I'm biased since I grew up when people who still had them were deeply unfashionable holdovers from the 70s.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and foreverâ„¢
Sep 24, 2019
Mustaches, especially handlebar ones, are tricky. They look good on so very few people but when they DO look good, they look absolutely perfect.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
99.9999999% of the time I'm going to go no to mustaches in general.
I think horseshoe are going to end up in the 100% of the time of no though.

Oct 25, 2017
I like them. I've seen the longer type like in that first image all my life living in LA county.

This thread is the first time I've seen them be considered some kind of joke

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Mine ends up looking like one when I need to trim, but I don't groom it that way.

pioneer

May 31, 2022
I think it's rare a man looks good with a mustache, and much rarer still they look good with this one

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
me and my buddy shaved one as a joke once. looked terrible and everybody thought we were a couple, but i guess that was the point

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Nah. And mustaches are one of those things where it becomes the dude's ENTIRE PERSONALITY. Like, they're a mustache guy. I find it weird.

OP
OP
Chance Hale

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Poll results seem to confirm I look really stupid lol
Nah. And mustaches are one of those things where it becomes the dude's ENTIRE PERSONALITY. Like, they're a mustache guy. I find it weird.
I just shaved my beard to do something different but left the mustache to see how it worked out lol.

Not posting a picture but do have a thick mustache more than halfway to my chin. I don't know from the poll and my friend laughing ill probably shave it off soon lol

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
He sucks so much! Broken-down fabulist carny who has nothing going on these days, just a shitty beach bar in Clearwater (of course) and a lifetime of lies.

Still better than he deserves.

Well hold on, because I'm pretty sure he also still has that delicious looking skin going on. If I was ever going to eat a person, I'd probably eat Hulk Hogan.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
really depends. they can look really goofy.

i guess since the example was posted, Hulk Hogan is the only time I can think I don't "hate" it -- maybe because it is longer on the handles and no soul patch?

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Poll results seem to confirm I look really stupid lol

I just shaved my beard to do something different but left the mustache to see how it worked out lol.

Not posting a picture but do have a thick mustache more than halfway to my chin. I don't know from the poll and my friend laughing ill probably shave it off soon lol

I have noticed that, along with everyone under 20 rocking socks and sandals this summer, dudes in their 20s and 30s have really been trying to make the moustache a thing again. And it's like, why would you do that, why would you obfuscate the greatest indicator that someone is a cop/pedophile? Do you want cops and pedophiles to just run around doing their plans and pastimes instead of having people point at them and chase them away with a broom?

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Horseshoe's invariably terrible. Mustaches can look good, but it's pretty rare that a guy can pull one off.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Honestly, as someone that is attracted to men I don't like facial hair. I just think it looks bad on 99% of people and it pains me when an otherwise really good looking dude puts a weird hairy worm above his mouth. Obviously there are exceptions

People can do whatever they want with their bodies, just my opinion

RGB

Nov 13, 2017
It's unlucky to hang a horseshoe upside down, you want it prongs up so the luck doesn't fall out.

lucky.png

Tanaka

Oct 27, 2017
Very few dudes look good with mustaches to begin with imo and a horseshoe mustache is damned near impossible to pull off successfully.

I'm just an asshole with opinions though, so you do you. I'm sure your girl will come around once she gets used to seeing you with it. A big change in appearance is always going to elicit some kind of reaction from people close to you.

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
You've inspired me OP, I'm doing it
I deleted Hinge. I met somebody organically and they also ghosted me.
I no longer care about dating.
Now all I care about is horseshoe mustache and lifting weights.
I'll report back.

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
I like it tbh. It's not very common though, especially not for younger people which probably lends to some stigma I imagine.

I like when it's on the thicker side though, thin horseshoes look pretty stupid to me.