How are you supposed to lotion yourself?

• Standing up

Votes: 112 69.6%
  • Lying down

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Lotion body in portions throughout the day

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Sitting down

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Diving head-first in a tub full of lotion

Votes: 15 9.3%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
You know when you come out the bath, your skin is dry and you go to lotion yourself? How are you supposed to do it?

Personally I feel like its so much easier to lotion while lying down. As a kid I remember my mom getting on me for doing it but I mean doesn't everyone get tired after bathing? Its annoying to stand straight and go head to toe and it will never not be annoying

Pic of how it should be done:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Just empty the whole bottle of lotion into the bathtub and roll around in it.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Also my skin is dryer than Ben Shapiro's wife so maybe I should genuinely take advice from this thread.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
we have a tub filled specifically with lotion thats actually heated so it has a better consistency. every morning we jump in there.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
if you lay down + body lotion + body reaction = ?????

uuh you might need another quick shower after that so standing up is the right way

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine having to apply lotion to my entire body every day. Do you have to reapply as the day goes on too?

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-pure.gif

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Why would I be putting lotion all over myself after a shower to begin with?
After a hot shower, your pores are open and absorb the lotion most optimally.

EDIT: Actually, I appear to be wrong.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, "Applying moisturizer after a bath is absolutely key because it provides an artificial barrier that can help prevent water loss and also keep out agents bacteria, viruses, and irritants that we don't want to get into the skin. After a bath, moisturizer should be applied very quickly. Before applying the moisturizer, we like to gently pat the skin but leave the skin feeling damp so that we're not totally stripping off the moisture that we get from the water."

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine having to apply lotion to my entire body every day. Do you have to reapply as the day goes on too?

As someone who suffered with some severe psoraisis it sucks and I had do it twice a day.

i never lay down like the OP, mainly because I also had to put it on my back. I would usually do it sitting on my bed after a shower.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Do non-black men lotion? I remember growing up and my white friends always said lotion was for girls.

pizoxuat

Jan 12, 2018
I voted laying down because standing is for fools, but I generally sit on the edge of the bed rather than actually laying down.

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Just put your foot on something, like your bed, while standing, and lotion that way. I can't imagine how someone would think of laying on their back before thinking of just elevating their leg.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
With my eczema I sit on a chair reverse and throw my arms behind my back to lotion between my shoulder blades, otherwise that area dries like the Sahara. It's a nightmare and I dread someone actually catching me do it, haha

I miss having someone to do it for me, lol

DRock

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do non-black men lotion? I remember growing up and my white friends always said lotion was for girls.
I'm a white dude with soft skin that barely needs to lotion (almost never). I do know some white dudes that need to lotion daily though. Seems to be a person by person thing.