Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving the game but I'm having a hard time feeling engaged with the skill system. On one hand, it's great how fast you progress and the sheer amount of content to unlock. But then, most of the skills feel useless to me?! It's strange that for a game that relies on precision targeting to have so many powers that have an area effect. Seems counterproductive. So far I'm changing between the invisible stealth one and the ranged master one and those feel like they belong in the game. Maybe when I unlock more I'll find the use for them.

west

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone had this one? Messing around and died to a thunderjaw I am incredibly underleveled for and respawned in the middle of a rebel camp in an area of the map I hadn't even touched yet. Nothing too spoilery here--

Yes, I died to that same enemy and ended up in the same spawn location. Thankfully I could fast travel out.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I can't praise the armor design in this game enough. At that point I'm just collecting them and switching whenever I want a new look,. Fuck the stats, I'm in a constant fashion show.

It was already great in Zero Dawn but I feel it's somehow even better. And the dye system is the icing on the cake.

Btw does the Carja Shadow armor exist exist in Very Rare or Legendary ? It was my favorite one for the first game.

Last edited:

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
It's easy to level up most blue gear to max and early purples. But mid-to-late game purple gear is where it gets annoying, especially the higher level gear that you purchase from hunting tokens and the Arena tokens. I am still using mostly maxed out blue gear for that reason since most of my purple gear is still lower damage. Like I want to use end-game gear more, but not when they are annoying to upgrade.

I don't know, just by regular playing on hard difficulty, I had most of the components for tier 3 and 4 upgrades of late-game purple weapons and usually had to chase one or two components which was quick and fun. Legendary ones, yeah, that seems like a lot of work.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I can't praise the armor design in this game enough. At that point I'm just collecting them and switching whenever I want a new look,. Fuck the stats, I'm in a constant fashion show.

It was already great in Zero Dawn but I feel it's somehow even better. And the dye system is the icing on the cake.

Btw does the Carja Shadow armor exist exist in Very Rare or Legendary ? It was my favorite one for the first game.
Sadly Carja Shadow is only rare. Dyed red, it looks so fucking good and I only swap outfits when I really need to.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado

I ran through the arena just so I can buy those legendary armor sets, so the feelings mutual.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Finished at 94 hours. Did ALL the sidequests and activities. I still wish there were more to do, cause I don't feel done with the game yet. Loved it.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
I'm loving the game but I'm having a hard time feeling engaged with the skill system. On one hand, it's great how fast you progress and the sheer amount of content to unlock. But then, most of the skills feel useless to me?! It's strange that for a game that relies on precision targeting to have so many powers that have an area effect. Seems counterproductive. So far I'm changing between the invisible stealth one and the ranged master one and those feel like they belong in the game. Maybe when I unlock more I'll find the use for them.

Have to agree. I have no desire to spend my points since i see no value in them. I don't think i even use the "skills".

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Yeah it's all personal preference I guess. In Ghost of Tsushima Legends I play as Hunter a lot, which is the archer class, so I feel it's pretty analogous to Horizon, and the supernatural enemies in Legends are definitely a lot more diverse than the enemies in just single player, so have more in common with Horizon in terms of dealing with AOE attacks, etc.

I haven't played Returnal so can't comment on that, but I have played God of War (was really disappointed by the combat in that game, it felt really bad after Ghost of Tsushima) and TLOU2 (which I rate as the best game ever made… but certainly not because of the combat). I'm finding it very hard to enjoy third person combat in other games after Ghost of Tsushima TBH.

Yes! combat in ghost of Tsushima is really good because it's very stylish and pleasurable.
I personally love the combat in most Sony first party games.
TLoU2 for me has the best combat ever made in regards to third person shooter games because of the overall experience (enemy IA, hit reactions, gunplay feel, animations and sound design and even level design of the encounters)

About Forbidden West, I think the mid/longe range combat against the machines is fantastic, with so many options and some incredible hit reactions, visual effects and amazing amount of machines with different approaches but the close combat, specially against humans, even if they tryed to revamp still is not so fun, specially playing on very hard.

I know that maybe is to ask to much the game has this fantastic combat against machines and want a more deep and stilish close combat to, but man, i think that if in the third game, they could concentrate in create a melee/close combat against humans and even some machines with the same style and pleasure of the ranged combat, they could have a almost perfect game in his hands.

I don't know, include a lock on, some kind of parry, dodge, side step, maybe learn techniques from some tribes, like using hammers of the oseram, etc .

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Y'all just thirsty for Aloy getting a nice sword and slicing up machines and fools alike Legolas-style

Imma be honest I want this too

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
If you play a 60fps game and right after you start forbidden west, it can feel strange.
But after sometime just playing in 30fps mode, Forbidden West is absolutely fantastic in 30fps mode.
Incredible responsive and precise for a 30fps game, specially one that require aiming.

Horizon Forbidden West and Forza Horizon 5 are the 2 games with better 30fps mode I've ever seen.
Its really surprising and really good!!
I'm using a standard HD TV that is already 10 years old:)
But resolution mode in this game looks more impressive and i'm totally indifferent, even coming from a 60fps game to this.
There are games that just work in 30fps, like for example Driveclub.
I'm all for 60fps, but i gladly take something like the impressive Matrix UE5 at a steady 30fps, too.

Anyway, we are in for some impressive looking stuff in the near future!

Oct 25, 2017
On my last mission (with 2 side quests done) after 48 hours. I'd say a few hours burnt re-battling some tough bosses and not using quick travel.

So far the story is better in the first game there's no doubt about that.

The stash system sucks l found it useless. The skill tree is probably less than half done maybe doing more side quests help fill that up.

I just didn't seems to care about the other characters they kinda pop in and out and then hang around amongst themselves whilst Aloy does most of the hard work!

The game doesn't seem to hold hands on weapon upgrades/types of weapons available as the game progresses so l feel I've not been able to explore a wider variety of weapons.

It feels like there's a number of blanks in the story because if you look at the map there's large pockets of un-visited areas. Maybe the quests will reveal these areas l dunno.

Last edited:

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
The stash system sucks l found it useless.
It's one of my favourite upgrades in the sequel. No more having to trawl through the bloody inventory having to sell off shit constantly. God I hated that in the first game.

I just didn't seems to care about the other characters they kinda pop in and out and then hang around amongst themselves whilst Aloy does most of the hard work!
Aloy's (and Elisabet's) habit of shutting people out in favour of being alone is a key thematic element of the story.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Just finished,100 hours,what an amazing game,going to keep playing for a few trophies but wont get the Plat...even the end credits where amazing.Most beautiful game ever as well...shimmering my ass lol ;)

Trying to find a 4K video of that flyby during the credits without the names,not that the names dont deserve,everyone who made this game possible should have their name on there for 5 minutes ;)

Cant wait for the last part,hopefully maybe in just 4 years this time lol...

StrykerIsland

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe kill machines using different builds?
Or Arena on Hard.

That's probably what I'm going to do when I'm 100% with it soon.
Don't think you can technically get 100% completion at the moment, there are a number of things like melee pits and hunting grounds that show as incomplete in the quest log despite being green and complete on the map. Until they fix that, I think the best you can do is around 90%.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Do they think people like busy work or something? I really hate farming in games and HFW wants you to farm like crazy. I already have played a ton of the game with minimal farming so it is not like it is needed to artificially increase play time.

Honestly, some of us do. I love the combat of the game but I can't be bothered to do it if I don't have a goal of some sort (this is with any game. Doesn't matter how much I love playing it if I don't have a goal I get disinterested). So I love that they give me one.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Honestly, some of us do. I love the combat of the game but I can't be bothered to do it if I don't have a goal of some sort (this is with any game. Doesn't matter how much I love playing it if I don't have a goal I get disinterested). So I love that they give me one.

I'm kind of in between you two. I like that machine parts are needed for upgrade, animal parts for pouches etc. as it gives me a reason to get into fights, hunt animals when wandering around etc. rather than mostly running past things. But some of the requirements that require actively farming and fighting the same thing over and over to get the drop you need aren't really my cup of tea.

That said, I'm playing on normal and mostly not having much problems once I started using the spear caster thing, power shot valor strike ability and so on and just doing whatever upgrades I can afford with my natural playing for weapons and armor I'm using. So I don't know if I'll bother farming for specific upgrades vs. just doing the content I enjoy and moving on when I tire of it.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really like turning down the difficulty in games, but it does seem to be the best way to deal with farming for legendary equipment upgrades. Story mode makes any creature a total joke and you can take a ton of damage. Just not sure what makes various heavy mobs respawn like the annoying shellsnappers that I am going to need to farm multiple times.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
OMG finally. Newest patch lets you remove that one blemish on the screen of tools/potions. Now it's HUDless and looks way better.

StrykerIsland

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really like turning down the difficulty in games, but it does seem to be the best way to deal with farming for legendary equipment upgrades. Story mode makes any creature a total joke and you can take a ton of damage. Just not sure what makes various heavy mobs respawn like the annoying shellsnappers that I am going to need to farm multiple times.
Respawns are distance-based. As you move away from the area, the creatures respawn. I think the limit is 150M. You can point the camera back at the carcass of the downed beast as you move aaay from it, the moment you see it despawn, you can turn around and return to the area to kill it again.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Cheeky bloody ps5 updated the system software in test mode and closed my game without asking. Should be fine I nearly always leave aloy at a bonfire after quick saving but that is something I need to be aware of in future

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

Agreed. In ZD there was zero reason to get in any non-story fights after a third of the way into the game because you were totally set on gear, resources, etc. Harvestor arrows are the still the biggest "WTF who even needs this" gear inclusion in either of the games.

I love that FW gives me specific reasons to continue to fight enemies and to even approach battles in different ways to get the needed materials (strategies change dramatically if you need sac webbings). Or just a reason to pick off key parts from stealth to run in and grab without engaging in combat at all. It's kept FW fresh for me far longer than the systems in ZD ever did.

Cheeky bloody ps5 updated the system software in test mode and closed my game without asking. Should be fine I nearly always leave aloy at a bonfire after quick saving but that is something I need to be aware of in future

The gamer auto saves a lot on its own as well. It's pretty hard to miss out on substantial progress even if you aren't quick saving at fires.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm burnt out on side quests now, but I wanna reiterate that I really find it neat that even for the lesser side characters, you can find continuity for their quests, it's not just a one and done and then you never even interact with them again

Bezi

Nov 7, 2021
Glad they listened and fixed the ui "always off" (also props to the photo mode changes). Guerilla are really impressive with their responses and changes.

With regards to using the tool and the awful way it works now, I think it can be easily remedied by having the left and right d-pad correspond to a TYPE of item. So, every time you press the right arrow d-pad, it will cycle between all potion types. Do the same for food on the left d-pad, bottom d-pad for misc (mount, rocks, other things that aren't super necessary in a fight).

Come to think of it, I never use the up d-pad. They can add another thing there (smoke bombs etc). And, if you hold the direction of each, you can craft/switch as you can right now.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Credits rolling. Thought the last part was a little weak but overall loved it. Will mop up some of the rest of the map but I'm not going to grind for the platinum

Questions and brief thoughts about the end of the story

was hoping nemesis would maybe turn back once all the zeniths were dead. Otherwise it's too big a bad even for a sequel so makes the end feel messy

was hoping to see Hephaestus get caught again and maybe Apollo to help them start rebuilding properly. Given that will I guess be inevitable, what would a third game look like?

Gero

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hate the healing system in this game, just as bad as the first one. Also the dodge seems useless most of the time.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the healing system in this game, just as bad as the first one. Also the dodge seems useless most of the time.

90% of the time you have to wait on the dodge until right before impact. It works fine most of the time once you get the timing down but FW's dodge window just seems tuned to be way later than most games. Intuitively you would think to dodge once the enemy commits to the attack since they shouldn't be able to change direction at that point. But instead they just kind of home in on you.

SanderGT

Banned
Apr 24, 2021
Some things could use a little simplifying. Too many healing items, healing veggies and potions and different sizes of potions. Same goes for buffs, all the different potion buffs and food items.

Maybe that's just me and many players actually do enjoy all of those things 😄

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Respawns are distance-based. As you move away from the area, the creatures respawn. I think the limit is 150M. You can point the camera back at the carcass of the downed beast as you move aaay from it, the moment you see it despawn, you can turn around and return to the area to kill it again.
Thanks, should make it much easier to get everything that way. I want to be able to use some of these legendary weapons/armors before I finish the game and not farm things post game.

Bezi

Nov 7, 2021
90% of the time you have to wait on the dodge until right before impact. It works fine most of the time once you get the timing down but FW's dodge window just seems tuned to be way later than most games. Intuitively you would think to dodge once the enemy commits to the attack since they shouldn't be able to change direction at that point. But instead they just kind of home in on you.

WHAT?! Is that really how it works? That's why I ALWAYS get hit by something, even though it's obvious when I pressed the button. Imma try this later tn. Thanks

May 31, 2021
Omg the game looks so much better without the potion/tools icon on screen.

Some things could use a little simplifying. Too many healing items, healing veggies and potions and different sizes of potions. Same goes for buffs, all the different potion buffs and food items.

Maybe that's just me and many players actually do enjoy all of those things 😄
Sometimes I'll buy food but I mainly use berries and big potions to heal. Thankfully you can customize the potion/trap menu to your liking.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Omg the game looks so much better without the potion/tools icon on screen.

Sometimes I'll buy food but I mainly use berries and big potions to heal. Thankfully you can customize the potion/trap menu to your liking.

I mainly use food for pre-combat buffs. Especially the food that buffs Stealth Strike if I'm looking to do a lot of one hit kills. I only trigger food mid-combat if I'm out of healing berries and potions as a last resort.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
After getting the three things, I am asked to go west-west but I have a big chunk of the west side of the map untouched. Do we go back there later for missions or it's mostly side stuff?

Oct 27, 2017
Only took me 41 levels and 42 hours of gameplay to finally feel like i have an equipment/resource loadout that is a powerful and has me prepared for pretty much all situations.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
so i finished the game and i liked it but not as much as i did zero dawn. not sure i liked the ending and i'm not clamoring for a sequel either. i gave zero dawn a 10/10 and this game gets an 8.5/10 for me. also one thing that kinda ticked me off was never seeing what we saw in the demo they did with erend in it. kept waiting for that and it never came.

Last edited:

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I just saw the forspoken trailer and it showed the main character surfing on the water. I'm actually surprised that GG didn't do this for Horizon. Some kind of virtual surfboard mechanic on the water would have been interesting I think.
200w.gif