TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
While Naughty Dog and Insomniac have made more games,I would make an argument that Sucker Punch are just as consistent (and a little more so then compared to Insomaic).I honestly think that ever since Sly 1,all turned games that they have made have bene great with some all time greats such as Sly 2 and Infamous 2 but what do you think?

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Sly 3 was pretty bad. it was all "Sly and his shitty friends" when I just wanted to play as Sly for some neat platforming.

Sep 8, 2020
While Naughty Dog and Insomniac have made more games,I would make an argument that Sucker Punch are just as consistent (and a little more so then compared to Insomaic).I honestly think that ever since Sly 1,all turned games that they have made have bene great with some all time greats such as Sly 2 and Infamous 2 but what do you think?

Adding the fact that Sucker Punch is a way smaller studio than Naughty Dog and Insomniac, I think that SP is a studio that should be held just as high or even higher than the two named.
And even adding Rocket: Robot on Wheels as their first game, they (SP) have not made a bad game ever!

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017

Only ones I haven't played are Rocket and Festival of Blood. I'd agree, think Second Son was slightly underrated for how much fun it was to mess around in the open world. I liked Sly 1 too, just hasn't aged as well.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the other way around. I think they started out with their absolute best and most creative title in Rocket: Robot on Wheels and then got progressively worse ever since. Not that the games after couldn't be good, but it was never the same and I'd rather they weren't doing open world titles now.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'd almost say they're underrated, they have a really great, consistent track record and while people do love a bunch of their games I don't feel like you really see the studio talked about that much. When Second Son is considered your worst game I think you must be doing something pretty damn right.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've ever actively disliked a Sucker Punch game, but I've never loved any of them either. I always think their latest game will be the one that hooks me, but it never quite does.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
No complaints from me.

They make really fun games.

I do miss infamous though.

6421b31f8ba001a103588d754463011651ff04a3.gifv

036.gif

-aOj9M.gif

source.gif

Antoo

May 1, 2019
i've only played the first sly, but i was not a big fan. the game felt pretty directionless as you are constantly forced through a bunch of random mini games. you spend more time riding vehicles than platforming by the end.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Ghost of Tsushima yet. But every other game they've made is at least good. Take Second Son out of the list and every game they've made is at least excellent.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
They haven't made a bad game, and I still don't care for any of them after their Sly series. They sort of started something unique with Infamous (Prototype was out a few months after), but then just decided to remake the same game again and again.

Last edited:

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
They haven't made any bad games, but no amazing ones either. I like them quite a lot.

Second Son is probably their weakest effort, if only because the game felt more like a sterile PS4 tech demo rather than anything else.

Oct 28, 2017
Infamous (at least the 1st one for sure) would be awesome even as an Xbox style boosted back compat title, since it runs with an uncapped framerate (or at least it can go up to 60 even on PS3 when there's not much on screen) and I guess a double buffered vsync.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
I've just started the original inFamous for the first time and... I dunno. I bet this was awesome when it was new as a showcase of the console's power but have you played it recently?

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
A bad game will probably have something memorable about it, an average one just comes and go, which is where their games stand for me and i doubt that will change.

Oct 27, 2017
their games have great production values... but I can't say I have had a lot of fun with them. they've been doing this ubi style open world games for almost two decades now and I just find them very boring.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I've just started the original inFamous for the first time and... I dunno. I bet this was awesome when it was new as a showcase of the console's power but have you played it recently?
I played it during COVID through PS Now.

Hell I think other than the graphics it has aged better than I expected. I remember linking the game less when it released.

And 2 is an enormous step up.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
I played it during COVID through PS Now.

Hell I think other than the graphics it has aged better than I expected. I remember linking the game less when it released.

And 2 is an enormous step up.
I just

Do you KILL the CIVILIANS and TAKE THEIR FOOD
or
Let the people HAVE FOOD
This choice will have consequences

This kind of thing had me rolling my eyes so hard they nearly popped out of my head. Coupled with like 300+ identical collectables, combat where you're nonstop getting shot at as you try and walk down the street but sightlines regularly block you from seeing where the enemies are... like it's not a bad game but it is so rough, and that's not even getting to the things that Zeke says.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played all of their titles but man, Rocket was their first title? Rocket is fantastic and often slept on, people who like collectathon should give it a shot.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
The same also applies to Sony Santa Monica, Polyphony, and Naughty Dog. Ghost of Tsushima is the game that finally has them hanging with the big boys.

SSM and Polyphony are basically IP factories, but it seems like SSM will have their first new IP in ages. I'm incredibly excited for it.

We all know that Naughty Dog is legendary at this point, so enough said about them.

dose

Oct 29, 2017
Since Sly 1? Rocket Robot on Wheels that came before is one of the best N64 games.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played Rocket: Robot on Wheels, but I've enjoyed pretty much everything else they've made. Sly 2 could drag at points but I love 1 & 3, all four of the InFAMOUS games and Ghost.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Big agree. Infamous 1 is by far my least favorite, but I'd say it's definitely at worst 'mid' and not bad by any stretch.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I just

Do you KILL the CIVILIANS and TAKE THEIR FOOD
or
Let the people HAVE FOOD
This choice will have consequences

This kind of thing had me rolling my eyes so hard they nearly popped out of my head. Coupled with like 300+ identical collectables, combat where you're nonstop getting shot at as you try and walk down the street but sightlines regularly block you from seeing where the enemies are... like it's not a bad game but it is so rough, and that's not even getting to the things that Zeke says.

They aren't putting forward moral quandries to mull over, they are giving you opportunities to be nice or be an asshole and you get rewarded for both. Also I don't think you're supposed to walk down the street lol