ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
(Via Destructoid, via Twitter)

FreakZone Games, the laughin', jokin' numbnuts behind Manos: The Hands of Fate: The Game (featuring The Giant Claw), have today announced a Deluxe, RemASStered bundle of the AVGN games for modern consoles! Previously, this cackadookie had been burryed along with that piece of shit console nobody bought, the Wii U (What even is that, anyway? A Wii with more "You"?). But now you can play it on your fancy Xbox, Piss 4, whatever you want. You can even play it on your Switch while taking a dump!

If you recall, AVGN Adventures were a pair of pretty-good 2D platformers starring the Nerd, gaming's first video critic, who after ten years of blowing up bullshit old games finally silenced the jackasses who asked, "If you're so good at knowing what sucks, why don't you try making your own game?" The first one was like, pretty cool, but it was too fucking hard! Mostly because those assholes at FreakZone got carried away with those fucking insta-death blocks! I'd rather lick frozen turdsicles out of a yeti's ass-fur than try and play that final level again! What were they thinking?!

The second one fixed the difficulty problems, and added references to even more shit, like Board James; but, it was a little too fucking short! Running out of that awesome old-school shit too soon really brings my piss to a boil!

So, are these just glorified ports? No fucking way! For starters, the first game has been completely redone in the second game's engine. It's like you're a getting a remake for fucking free!

Whether this fixes the difficulty or not, nobody fucking knows yet. But if you ask me, I'd say they'll probably pull their heads out of their asses and add an option to tone those fucking Death Blocks down!

The second game's also getting some new fucking content! Flick that shit switch and crank up the diarrhea dial, because we're going overtime tonight!

Tell me what you think about this shit, Era! If this news is older than yesterday's baby diapers then Welcome me to Die!

Last edited:

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fell out with AVGN after finding out Mike is a racist twat, and that he associates with JonTron and AlphaOmegaSin. I'm good.

plusaflag

User requested ban
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
EDIT : I didn't read Frecklestein 's post before I posted. Damn if true. Did Mike ever react to the outrage ?

Last edited:

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does James associate with them or just Mike?

Do you have a link?
I knew about JonTron but didn't know that about Mike. Hit me with the link.

As for working with them, there are videos on youtube, the last being two years ago, but that's kind of around the time where I cut them, and JonTron as well as AOS were both openly shit, which is why I dropped them.

as for the Mike stuff in particular. If he apologized since, I haven't seen it. Like I said, dropped them and whenever I speak out about it, nobody has really be able to defend it or show proof that they've change. James has always been a quiet go with the flow spineless kinda person, so I don't expect him to care, speak out or even "get" why some of these people and his close friend are bad people. Being indifferent and still associating with people like this is just as shitty as being like them, so fuck him too tbh.

Mod edit: NSFW crude sexual content warning.
th0bthkcbiq01.png

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As for working with them, there are videos on youtube, the last being two years ago, but that's kind of around the time where I cut them, and JonTron as well as AOS were both openly shit, which is why I dropped them.

as for the Mike stuff in particular. If he apologized since, I haven't seen it. Like I said, dropped them and whenever I speak out about it, nobody has really be able to defend it or show proof that they've change. James has always been a quiet go with the flow spineless kinda person, so I don't expect him to care, speak out or even "get" why some of these people and his close friend are bad people. Being indifferent and still associating with people like this is just as shitty as being like them, so fuck him too tbh.

th0bthkcbiq01.png

lmao what the fuck

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Between this and AVGN on Prime, its crazy how James has kept the brand relevant. good on him.

Oct 27, 2017
I watched the episode recently where the Nerd plays these games and reviews them. Was wondering if they would ever port them to something newer. I'd like to try em out.

Oct 26, 2017

th0bthkcbiq01.png
Fucking hell, this is a hundred times worse that I could have expected.

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
I could never get very far in the first one, but it had a lot of great callbacks to old episodes. Also the pause menu was good for a chuckle
8FwhKtu.jpg

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

th0bthkcbiq01.png
What in the fuck

Miles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA

th0bthkcbiq01.png

Holy shit lol. That's just terrible. I can't even find the humor in it, it really just seems like an excuse to throw in the N word for "shock effect".

Like an 8 year old trying to be edgy drew this.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Frecklestein . I knew about the Mike comics and shit. Was able to google the JT and AOS stuff. Looks like they stopped making videos with JT before the shit hit the fan in early 2017. Looks like they did videos with AOS after his bullshit though. What a fucking shame.

I've stopped watching anything but the AVGN videos for a while. It's a real fucking shame because I was and still am a fan of a lot of his older stuff like AVGN and Board James. I certainly don't watch anything new with Mike in it.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States

th0bthkcbiq01.png

Going from this info, I'll still buy the game to support the developers of it, because they worked hard on it and did not associate themselves with this image. However, I will stop watching Mike's content on cinemassacre/YouTube and just stick to James' stuff(which is easy since he releases one episode every few months).

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017

th0bthkcbiq01.png
WTF is that garbage. Definitely fuck Mike. So James is just pretending that it never happened? If so, fuck him too.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks Frecklestein . I knew about the Mike comics and shit. Was able to google the JT and AOS stuff. Looks like they stopped making videos with JT before the shit hit the fan in early 2017. Looks like they did videos with AOS after his bullshit though. What a fucking shame.

I've stopped watching anything but the AVGN videos for a while. It's a real fucking shame because I was and still am a fan of a lot of his older stuff like AVGN and Board James.

I was in the same boat. AVGN was my introduction to youtube in general and got me back into 'old school' stuff, even classic horror with monster madness every October. I followed his career and supported his film aspirations. I really supported James, especially being a shy creative kid. So to see him just be so hands off with everything and working with folks like this really hurt.

WTF is that garbage. Definitely fuck Mike. So James is just pretending that it never happened? If so, fuck him too.

To add on, last I was involved with all the cinemassacre stuff, Mike pretty much runs everything because James doesn't want to bother and simply doesn't understand social media. So chances are if people tried to reach out to James directly with pleas, it wouldn't even reach him. Pretty sure Mike (once again, last time I was knowledgeable about it) is kinda the guy who keeps the place running, operating and just going in general. James focused on content and whatnot.

So even if you still want to support without supporting Mike, that's really hard or nearly impossible. Like I said, I personally feel that James is equally shitty in all of this for seemingly just not caring.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Holy shit lol. That's just terrible. I can't even find the humor in it, it really just seems like an excuse to throw in the N word for "shock effect".

Like an 8 year old trying to be edgy drew this.
Indeed, there's nothing clever or even remotely funny in that. It's just offensive for the sake of being offensive.
What did AlphaOmegaSin do exactly?

Other then being incredibly annoying?

And are the AVGN games worth a look?
He's a huge Gamergate supporter. Like for real, still is. He's not one of those who jumped along in the start and then distanced themselves. He often goes through GG talking points in his content and supports them. Also plenty of anti-"SJW" rants.

Last edited:

J75

Sep 29, 2018

th0bthkcbiq01.png
Fucking yikes..... This is... just.. wow.
Welp, time to unsubscribe then.

OP
OP
ASaiyan

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017

th0bthkcbiq01.png
Gosh. Thanks for posting this. The JonTron stuff is old, but this is absolutely indefensible. James is such a nice guy; I had no idea Mike did shit like this, let alone without ever apologizing for it? A real shame.

Either JonTron or EgoRaptor made a cameo in the first game, don't recall exactly who, and also he hangs with The Cinema Snob whom isn't liked by some people because of the whole Channel Awesome thing.
I believe there's a tiny Egoraptor cameo in the first game? The Nostalgia Critic appears in the second game, which is...a whole nother can of worms, lol.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gosh. Thanks for posting this. The JonTron stuff is old, but this is absolutely indefensible. James is such a nice guy; I had no idea Mike did shit like this, let alone without ever apologizing for it? A real shame.

People like James are still incredibly harmful, if not just as harmful as the awful people he allows to associate with "the brand". He doesn't care, and is effectively saying that it's okay when he keeps company like this. Like, sure, write off AOS or JonTron in any way folks possibly can. But chances are he knows exactly what the fuck Mike is about as a person.

James is a 'nice guy' to the point where it's clearly a problem. On a different level, Mike is just as big, if not bigger in terms of roles in the goings ons of the AVGN brand and Cinemassacre as a whole (last time I checked anyways).

Apr 24, 2018
I had no idea, I already stayed as far away as possible because I found his content incredibly annoying.

I guess I'll be staying away from the game also, I never knew Mike was a racist peice of shit.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely getting this, always wanted the original releases, but never got around to them. Yes the stuff regarding Mike is unfortunate, but James is undeniably an awesome fellow.

DarkJ

Nov 11, 2017
I always wanted to play these but never wanted to play on my laptop. Will be in if it comes to switch.

OP
OP
ASaiyan

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
People like James are still incredibly harmful, if not just as harmful as the awful people he allows to associate with "the brand". He doesn't care, and is effectively saying that it's okay when he keeps company like this. Like, sure, write off AOS or JonTron in any way folks possibly can. But chances are he knows exactly what the fuck Mike is about as a person.

James is a 'nice guy' to the point where it's clearly a problem. On a different level, Mike is just as big, if not bigger in terms of roles in the goings ons of the AVGN brand and Cinemassacre as a whole (last time I checked anyways).
That's true.... Gosh, this is not how I was expecting this thread to go. What a sad thing to have to learn today. Are there any YouTubers I can watch who are actually "clean"?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I was in the same boat. AVGN was my introduction to youtube in general and got me back into 'old school' stuff, even classic horror with monster madness every October. I followed his career and supported his film aspirations. I really supported James, especially being a shy creative kid. So to see him just be so hands off with everything and working with folks like this really hurt.
My husband and I even went on an overnight trip to PA for his film premiere and met James, Mike, Bootsy, Kevin, and Kyle. And they were super nice in person. Mike even had his girlfriend there and she was super nice too, taking pictures for everyone.

It does really hurt.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
James is awesome, I have been wanting to play these but on PS4 so I'll buy them when they come out.

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

th0bthkcbiq01.png
The way the first comic escalates is just fucking insane

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's true.... Gosh, this is not how I was expecting this thread to go. What a sad thing to have to learn today. Are there any YouTubers I can watch who are actually "clean"?
As far as I'm aware Somecallmejohnny seems like an upstanding guy.

Off the top of my head there's also Stop Skeletons from fighting who've ice not heard any controversies over.

Shame Mike drags James down since I honestly doubt James has a hate filled bone in his body.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Did Mike ever really address these drawings? The screenshot from the forums doesn't exactly look like he regrets them.
I'm all for second chances but that requires him admitting it was a shitty thing to do in the first place and distance himself.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017

Maximilian, GameXplain, My Life in Gaming, Digital Foundry, Simon Miller, Outside Xbox, PlayStation Access, Retro RGB, strafefox...

It's disappointing that so many Youtubers outed themselves as being awful since 2014 but there's no shortage of good ones either.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017

To add on, last I was involved with all the cinemassacre stuff, Mike pretty much runs everything because James doesn't want to bother and simply doesn't understand social media. So chances are if people tried to reach out to James directly with pleas, it wouldn't even reach him. Pretty sure Mike (once again, last time I was knowledgeable about it) is kinda the guy who keeps the place running, operating and just going in general. James focused on content and whatnot.

So even if you still want to support without supporting Mike, that's really hard or nearly impossible. Like I said, I personally feel that James is equally shitty in all of this for seemingly just not caring.

Not anymore, he got ousted by some people that James brought it. There was massive drama when one of them guys got drunk on 4chan and started dropping bombs. It's a complete shit show and as far as anyone can tell James was ready to quit doing videos until these guys came in and now all James does is perform in the video. Because of all this them cartoons got brought back up again ( along with other shitty stuff) which is the first I had ever heard of it.

OP
OP
ASaiyan

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I'm aware Somecallmejohnny seems like an upstanding guy.

Off the top of my head there's also Stop Skeletons from fighting who've ice not heard any controversies over.

Shame Mike drags James down since I honestly doubt James has a hate filled bone in his body.

Maximilian, GameXplain, My Life in Gaming, Digital Foundry, Simon Miller, Outside Xbox, PlayStation Access, Retro RGB, strafefox...

It's disappointing that so many Youtubers outed themselves as being awful since 2014 but there's no shortage of good ones either.
Thanks for the lists. Shit like this just makes me regret even more that I didn't get into YouTubing when I had the chance. We need more people out there who aren't actively giving gaming a bad name...

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Maximillian has a lot of questionable gender stuff that irks me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spz7C3F4kks

(start at 12:58). I stopped watching from there, as well as unsubscribed. Like, it's not funny and it's pretty phobic, especially with how casual it comes out of him.

This was kind of a last straw to me? I've followed him for years, and have heard similar throughout those years from him and the YoVideoGames crew, and I don't have much else in terms of "evidence" as I have better things to do than dig through thousands of streams and videos but I know it happens often enough. And I'm not talking about his N word incident, that's totally understandable. But it's just shit like this that's so passive and gets no attention, there's no tongue twister or slip of the tongue here, it's just 'funny' to him.