Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I've got this Highway Code Quiz Card Game and I don't understand the answer sheet. I feel like I'm missing something completely obvious.

Below I am asked which of the signs means Mini Roundabout. The quiz card is 21 and the answer is B, which has the number 7 next to it.

On Answer Sheet A I look up Quiz Card 21 and see what "code" it gives me. I'm supposed to use this code in Answer Sheet B which will tell me the correct answer. The code is 15.

I take code 15 over to answer sheet B. It says "next quid card: 20". Is that the answer???? It wasn't on the question card. Number 20 is nowhere to be seen on the question card.

I look at card number 20 to see if the answer is on it, and it's just another question. Another question where this repeats itself. Am I interpreting this shit wrong?

Oct 28, 2017
I think I got it...

The card number 21 gets you 15 which gets you to 20.

Your answer of 7 gets you to 20 right from the first code sheet, which equals the end result of above.

Does this match with other questions?

OP
OP
Pankratous

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I think I got it...

The card number 21 gets you 15 which gets you to 20.

Your answer of 7 gets you to 20 right from the first code sheet, which equals the end result of above.

Does this match with other questions?

Doesn't look like it.

Card # 2
Answer is B (31)
Quiz Card 2 Code is 8
8 = 28 on Card B
28 = 11 on Card A

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
That would be the Waddingtons range of quiz card games, right? The format looks familiar.

I'll see if I can find the instructions for them online, I've got half a mind I've seen a source for them before.

Edit: Have a scan through this, it seems to mention the official rules (find a set of eight that cycles back to the start), but I haven't read further to find out about the answer key.

Edit2: It seems you have the right idea, but that definitely doesn't match the key! I wonder if it's possible your set has one of the answer cards from a different set?

Edit3: Here is an eBay auction for the product, and you can see the answer cards there. Your Answer Card B is incorrect, it appears. The one below appears to give the correct answer.
tvOjrwz.png

Edit4: I can go one further! Looking at eBay listings for the other titles in the range, I found an image of the Cricket one here. That, I believe, is where your Answer Card B came from.

uQnrS91.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pankratous

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
That would be the Waddingtons range of quiz card games, right? The format looks familiar.

I'll see if I can find the instructions for them online, I've got half a mind I've seen a source for them before.

Edit: Have a scan through this, it seems to mention the official rules (find a set of eight that cycles back to the start), but I haven't read further to find out about the answer key.

Edit2: It seems you have the right idea, but that definitely doesn't match the key! I wonder if it's possible your set has one of the answer cards from a different set?

Edit3: Here is an eBay auction for the product, and you can see the answer cards there. Your Answer Card B is incorrect, it appears. The one below appears to give the correct answer.
tvOjrwz.png

Edit4: I can go one further! Looking at eBay listings for the other titles in the range, I found an image of the Cricket one here. That, I believe, is where your Answer Card B came from.

uQnrS91.png

You are a life saver! So I'm not crazy. This set was picked up at a car boot sale so no doubt the person has packed in the wrong answers card.

Absolutely fantastic detective work sir. Apologies I could not acknowledge it sooner.