orzkare

Apr 9, 2020
Japan
www.khara.co.jp

株式会社カラー

株式会社カラー(khara, inc.)。庵野秀明が代表を務める製作会社。ニュース、作品紹介。
【notice】
Khara Inc. has been granted the rights to produce a new animated film based on "Space Battleship Yamato" by Voyager Holdings Inc. (CEO: Akiji Nishizaki), and has also received permission from Tohokushinsha Co., Ltd. to use the copyright.

We are currently working hard on planning a new theatrical production, aiming to start production in 2025, in order to contribute to the further development of the Space Battleship Yamato series, which has a glorious history as a Japanese anime work, and to create a work that many fans can enjoy.

This new anime film will follow a different route from the remake series that began with "Space Battleship Yamato 2199" in 2012 and continues with "Yamato Forever REBEL 3199," the second chapter of which will be released in theaters on November 22, 2024. We
pray for the safe voyage of the remake series currently in production.

If I hadn't encountered Space Battleship Yamato 50 years ago, I don't think I would be who I am today.
Now that I am involved with Yamato, I want to express my gratitude, respect, and gratitude to all the staff and cast of Yamato, and spend the rest of my life creating as many interesting works as possible that combine new and old, so that I can leave Space Battleship Yamato for future generations.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Hideaki Anno, CEO of Khara Inc.

Shin Yamato is coming

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
never heard of Yamato until today but whatever Hideaki Anno is working on, I'm there

I'll go to the theater now and start hibernating until it's playing, I don't even care
The remake project that started like a decade ago is excellent:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYWvOBTIIps
myanimelist.net

Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199

Earth's once green hills and rich blue oceans have been converted into a desolate wasteland by the relentless onslaught of planet bombs from the expansionist Gamilas Empire. By the year 2199, humankind has retreated to the depths of underground cities to escape the radiation. However, all hope...

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's known as Star Blazers for those in the US who grew up with it back then. Hope this "Shin" version is good!

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
omfg

I loved the Yamato 2199 anime series (2012).

With that said, I hope this is different setting/cast altogether from the remake series, the sequel (2202) was a big letdown lol

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. The series already had a pretty recent remake that was excellent so hope they go in a completely different direction to this one

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Anno is just on a mission to remake every classic Japanese franchise. Look forward to his take on Gundam.
source.png

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa. That's a megaton. I hope this will be the exception to all the Yamato standalone projects that kind of sucked.

I guess I'm glad this isn't part of the current remake series, which I love and should be its own thing.

The remake project that started like a decade ago is excellent:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYWvOBTIIps
myanimelist.net

Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199

Earth's once green hills and rich blue oceans have been converted into a desolate wasteland by the relentless onslaught of planet bombs from the expansionist Gamilas Empire. By the year 2199, humankind has retreated to the depths of underground cities to escape the radiation. However, all hope...

I'll have to check it out 🙏

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Ah I kinda wish this were live action, I enjoyed the Shin Japan Hero Universe movies tremendously. And yes technically one of those was animated, but Shin Kamen Rider and Shin Godzilla are just so damned good.