Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
So, at the beginning of february I got an error in the PS Store which now has completely blocked my cart and does not allow me either to empty it or to add new stuff to it.

I can't finish the pruchase either. I started adding stuff to the cart through the website and I reached a point where I got an error telling me that I had too many items in the cart (I have 11), so it told me to please finish the purchase or remove some of these items from the cart. This was the moment my cart got blocked, I suspect.

The error code I get is: WS-113980-2 with the text message: "Something went wrong". This is what I get if I try through PS5... If I try through the website on a PC or a mobile device I don't even get an error message, the remove item button from the cart just doesn't work at all.

And in summary, I get this error everytime I:
  • Try to remove an item from my cart
  • Try to complete the payment process
If I try to add any item to my cart, I get the "You have too many items in your cart, please finish your purchase or remove some items to continue" message.

I can still download PS plus games and free games/demos. I can also preorder games, but not buy already released games. I cannot purchase any type of DLC for any game.

I tried to use several payment methods, same error. Different devices and networks, same error.

I called support and they have been looking into this issue for a month already, no solution in sight.

I know this is pretty weird and that I may get no help here, but I'm kinda at a loss and don't know what to do.

OP
OP
Datrael

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
What a wacky error. Hope it gets resolved.
Right? Support has told me they have never had this happen before... it is whacky indeed. I really don't think I can do anything from my side to be honest, but I posted this out of desperation to see if maybe, by chance, somebody can help lol.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
You'd think support would be able to get someone to simply nuke the basket, it's a really odd error I've never heard of before.

Was a bit surprised to find the basket is updated on the ps5 and the web at the same time when I was buying stuff in the Indies sale recently, gave up searching on the ps5 because it was too cumbersome and went to my computer to see the things I'd added already there. Did you have both the web and ps5 stores open at the same time when you first got the error, OP? Some weird edge case sync thing possibly.

OP
OP
Datrael

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
You'd think support would be able to get someone to simply nuke the basket, it's a really odd error I've never heard of before.

Was a bit surprised to find the basket is updated on the ps5 and the web at the same time when I was buying stuff in the Indies sale recently, gave up searching on the ps5 because it was too cumbersome and went to my computer to see the things I'd added already there. Did you have both the web and ps5 stores open at the same time when you first got the error, OP? Some weird edge case sync thing possibly.
First time it was only through the website.

I tried to unstuck it later through PS5 and no luck.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Have you tried using the official PS App on a mobile rather than the web store? Probably won't make a difference but worth a try if you haven't.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
I was going to suggest removing all Sony and playstation cookies, whic helped me with problems on the old webstore.

hearing that your problem is on console though is a new one

FAKE EDIT: Maybe try mobile app or use the OLD webstore, new one is poo

OP
OP
Datrael

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Have you tried using the official PS App on a mobile rather than the web store? Probably won't make a difference but worth a try if you haven't.
I have tried through the app. Same problem than on PC.

I was going to suggest removing all Sony and playstation cookies, whic helped me with problems on the old webstore.

hearing that your problem is on console though is a new one

FAKE EDIT: Maybe try mobile app or use the OLD webstore, new one is poo
How do I access the old web store? That, I have not tried.

EDIT: Got it, I used the links from this site.

It turns out the old store and the new store use SEPARATE carts, what I buy throughhg the old store does not affect the new one and I cannot get the new store to unstuck my cart. :( thanks in any case!

DOUBLE EDIT!!!! I LOVE YOU !!! Buying one of the items I had in the new Store from the old Store compeltely unlocked the cart aand solved my problem! Since I now had one of the items, refreshing the new store forced the cart in the new store to remove that item and now I can remove everything again!!!!!! WOW! I'm so happy!!!

Last edited:

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017

It turns out the old store and the new store use SEPARATE carts, what I buy throughhg the old store does not affect the new one and I cannot get the new store to unstuck my cart. :( thanks in any case!

DOUBLE EDIT!!!! I LOVE YOU !!! Buying one of the items I had in the new Store from the old Store compeltely unlocked the cart aand solved my problem! Since I now had one of the items, refreshing the new store forced the cart in the new store to remove that item and now I can remove everything again!!!!!! WOW! I'm so happy!!!

amazing that after a month Sony couldn't figure out anything for you and Era got it resolved immediately. Love this place.

OP
OP
Datrael

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
amazing that after a month Sony couldn't figure out anything for you and Era got it resolved immediately. Love this place.
RIGHT!? It's unbelievable to me. They even made me upload a video demonstrating the error. They've watched it 14 times. I uploaded it to youtube, hidden, only for those that have the link. I watched it once. The rest of the viewings has been exclusively from them... and no response.

I'm so thankful for this place. :D

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018

Glad it helped, enjoy your consumer freedom :)