• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I think they would be a bit too strong if you could choose.

Though power creep is such that it still might not be good enough I guess.

There are so many discard cards totally unplayable so I think you would only need to rework the ones that see play right now - SoulFire/Doomguard. If you up the mana cost of each of those by (1) then it might help the whole mechanic.

I don't think it would be too strong if it just discarded your oldest cards. There would be pros and cons. You're holding 6 cards and you want to play Doomguard, but your two leftmost cards are soulfire. Puts you in an awkward situation, but at least you know you aren't gonna discard that second Doomguard you just drew.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it would be too strong if it just discarded your oldest cards. There would be pros and cons. You're holding 6 cards and you want to play Doomguard, but your two leftmost cards are soulfire. Puts you in an awkward situation, but at least you know you aren't gonna discard that second Doomguard you just drew.

Something like that can work. We know the game's code can already target certain cards when discarding as Furnacefire Colossus only targets weapons with its Battlecry.

I have gone far off the topic of my original post, but I really do think a discard seck can never work in its current form, no matter how many cards are printed, so something else needs to happen for that style of play to ever work - and people want it to work as they try and try everytime a new card is printed.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There are ways discard can work based on current HS mechanics if they make new cards.

Stuff like discard the lowet cost card in your hand. Discard the lowest attack minion.

Reduce the RNG element so you have more control over it while retaining the flow of the game. Though they said that Cataclysm was their last discard card in a while so that archetype is RIP for a while.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
Just played a game where we both blew each other's decks up with Azari.
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that Paladin Deathknight OTK deck is worth a revisit with call to arm's deck thinning and defensive tempo.
Savjz was playing it last month with some success. And yeah he was using call to arms to get to the win condition faster.
Why do you think it's important to ask these random dumb questions like it will result in a conversation worth having? Feels like you stalk the thread looking for opportunities to be a bitch ass.

Lmao!

Edit: I personally thought MoM was important for surviving aggro. Could be wrong I guess.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There's bound to be something in the new rotation for early game anti-aggression. One card is very easy to replace. Who knows, they might use Doomsayers if things get scarce.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it is the heal itself that is important, as playing MoM early basically gets you two free taps if your opponent cannot answer it on the turn played

If the new expansion printed a card that let you hero power for (1 Mana / 1 Health) when on board it would be suitable to replace MoM without repeating the same effect

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Nothing tilts me harder than losing to someone because they're running clearly wrong cards. What the hell sort of dragon priest runs Carnivorous Cube+ pint sized Potion + Shadow Madness to steal my Sunwalker discovered from a Stonehill Defender.

EDIT: Followed by a damn Mimic Pod that copied a Sherazin against my control deck. I feel like the most unlucky player ever.

EDIT 2: And 2 games later, my dirty rat pulled a fucking Ragnoros Lightlord against a damn Paladin with Dire Wolf Alpha, Lost in the Jungle, and Blessing of Kings. Fuck my life.

Last edited:

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing tilts me harder than losing to someone because they're running clearly wrong cards. What the hell sort of dragon priest runs Carnivorous Cube+ pint sized Potion + Shadow Madness to steal my Sunwalker discovered from a Stonehill Defender.

EDIT: Followed by a damn Mimic Pod that copied a Sherazin against my control deck. I feel like the most unlucky player ever.
How would you feel if you had 2 minions on the board, 16 health, and your opponent double-resurrected Ragnaros, and both of them went face?

That one put me on tilt this week. Actually, the game has been having a lot of tilting moments for me. The last 3 months or so, I had wins and losses, but not a lot of absurd bullshit. This month is something else...

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

That style of deck seems built to OTK Cubelock after they put a Voidlord on board

Shadow Madness Voidlord
Divine Spirt
Divine Spirt
Inner Fire
-38 Damage

You just got caught with the weirder cards in the deck. Pint Sized Potion is probably there to steal a Doomguard and do the same thing for 28 Damage

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
And 2 games later, my dirty rat pulled a fucking Ragnoros Lightlord against a damn Paladin with Dire Wolf Alpha, Lost in the Jungle, and Blessing of Kings. Fuck my life.

I'm trying to get that OTK DK Paladin to work, and I swear it feels powerful, but I'm 8-10 because of what feels like abysmal luck.

EDIT: And the next game I decided to risk a 1 out of 12 to mill with the only combo peice left in my deck being Beardo, and guess what got milled.

How would you feel if you had 2 minions on the board, 16 health, and your opponent double-resurrected Ragnaros, and both of them went face?

That one put me on tilt this week. Actually, the game has been having a lot of tilting moments for me. The last 3 months or so, I had wins and losses, but not a lot of absurd bullshit. This month is something else...

Well, that definitely does suck a lot.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I've said it a bunch of times just like everyone else has, but the rng feels so fucked in this game. I know they always tilt rng towards the latest expansion. I mean how is it possible to get that 6(?) mana 1/1 so many fucking times when you evolve.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
The most tilting thing for me isnt even getting highrolled, it's seeing lines, reading the game and being punished for it.

I'm playing Murloc Paladin against Cubelock and I manage to build a reasonably sized board into my opponent's turn 4. My opponent taps and passes which i read as bait, he's fishing to get a better hellfire or defile so I don't overcommit and I develop a redemption to help build my board back after. Sure enough next turn he plays librarian and defiles, both of which had been in hand last turn. On my turn 5 i play call to arms and manage to pull out nothing with 1 health but he's going into turn 6 and I've got patches and Tarim in hand and 3 bodies on board, two with divine shield. Anticipating playing Tarim to transform a voidlord next turn I play the patches because he had played one defile already and had tried to be so greedy with it that there's no way he had other aoe in hand right?

I was right, he didn't have aoe in hand, he topdecks the defile out of 17 cards left in his deck.
fucking bullshit.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Alright, I'm giving up the DK OTK paladin for the night at 22-19. I really do feel it can do even better with better luck and better play. It's seriously pretty good thanks to call to arms.
b6Cdwks.png

### Apocalypse Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
#
AAECAZ8FBtIEkAfmrgKdvQK8vQKO0wIMigH7AdwD9AX2B48J+r8Cs8ECm8IC38QCiMcC+NICAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I'm giving up the DK OTK paladin for the night at 22-19. I really do feel it can do even better with better luck and better play. It's seriously pretty good thanks to call to arms.

b6Cdwks.png

### Apocalypse Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
#
AAECAZ8FBtIEkAfmrgKdvQK8vQKO0wIMigH7AdwD9AX2B48J+r8Cs8ECm8IC38QCiMcC+NICAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Look up rage's list with lynessa.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Look up rage's list with lynessa.
Huh, that seems maybe a bit greedy.

Looking it up, I see a Rage version with no Lynessa but with Small Time Recruits. I already dusted Small Time Recruits thinking them worthless. Turns out there is the one application of thinning your deck with them.

Savjz was playing it last month with some success. And yeah he was using call to arms to get to the win condition faster.

Oh, I'm curious what he made and how successful it was.

Last edited:

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
I lost 3 times in a row because of connection issues. Is this just me or what?

Last 2 were opponent took more than 3 minutes and there was no rope, so I had to quit and then it notified that I was lost.

qwilman

Nov 4, 2017
Savannah, GA
So is anyone else constantly running into bots? I'm seeing a ton of gibberish names, no social interaction, and bouncing back and forth between being psychic and making bizarre decisions. What I don't understand is why people even bother running bots in the first place, it's not like they can farm gold or something.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if a card like 'Reckless Greed' would work in Hearthstone

Reckless Greed is a YuGiOh card that lets you draw 2 cards immediately whilst skipping your next 2 draw phases.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I got really tilted over how often Uther DK was in the bottom third of the deck. I even started keeping track of the frequency it was in the bottom third when I draw to the bottom third. It was 58% over 19 games.

The thing is, with two call to arms and a small time recruits, of course it's going to be drawn way later as you're front loading the 2 mana or less cards. So, yeah I'm dumb.

I couldn't find the rage list specifically but I think the top OTK Paladin on hsreplay is probably it. I've played about 20 games with it and it has performed better.

https://hsreplay.net/decks/zfOShaP94eKLsKjGSrYRth/

About halfway through I replaced Tarim with Noggenfogger for a little fun. Noggenfogger isn't even a disadvantage to you since you have no need to target anything ever. There's just that itty bitty drawback of being a 9 mana 5/4.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
So, I finally broke the code to Wild Giant Warlock in its 15th version. I knew that deck had to be OP. Removing Guldan seemed to be the key. This deck is too fast for a 10 mana card that you can't cheat out.

Also helped to be a little more greedy with Kobold Librarian. No need to play it turn 1 where it's easily killed when you can hold it until a Spellstone is in your hand or you need a defile activator.

Didn't see much of an application for hellfire. Those devine shields from paladin make it so much worse. It is good for getting through Voidlords. I'm torn between one hellfire and loatheb.
JB1FQLG.png

### Giant Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Wild
# Year of the Mammoth
#
AAEBAf0GBNMB9wT6DsIPDeEHxAjcCo4OrRC5Ed4W58sC8tAC+NACiNIC/OUC6OcCAA==
#

Last edited:

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you definitely need Hellfire in there. Dark Pact is limited in application, I think. Outside of Kobolds and the Voidlord deathrattle, I don't think you have anything you want to use it on. It's great in Cubelock because you combo it with the cube to avoid counters and control the cube's deathrattle.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
There are ways discard can work based on current HS mechanics if they make new cards.

Stuff like discard the lowet cost card in your hand. Discard the lowest attack minion.

Reduce the RNG element so you have more control over it while retaining the flow of the game. Though they said that Cataclysm was their last discard card in a while so that archetype is RIP for a while.

Discard the lowest cost is how Shadowverse does discard and that works really great.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Finally made a cube lock by dusting pretty much every card I don't use including rares and commons D:

It's so much fun and I've climbed to rank 3 so far. It really stings when they ooze your weapon though

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Discard the lowest cost is how Shadowverse does discard and that works really great.

Well, sort of great. lol ^^;
I say this as a person who played a lot of Disco Dragon too.

I think it's definitely better in SV than HS, even if the archtype was hit hard with the rotation format. It sort of lives on with Aldo / Chronus, but other than that...

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Uh, why is Wild Dead Man's Hand Warrior working? I was just planning on just playing around at the rank 5 floor, and ended up nearing rank 3.

Maybe just a lucky streak, but here is the decklist quoted below:

c9H0mfA.png

### DMH Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Wild
#
AAEBAQcES7AVhRfP5wINkAPUBPwEkQb4B/8Hsgj7DP4NxsMCzM0Cjs4C8dMCAA==
#

Last edited:

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't get DMH Warrior to work - giving your list a shot right now.

No N'Zoth or Sludge Belcher seems kind of crazy to me! Only one Brawl? No Reckless? How are you surviving Big Priest?

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I can't ge t DMH Warrior to work - giving your list a shot right now.

No N'Zoth or Sludge Belcher seems kind of crazy to me! Only one Brawl? No Reckless? How are you surviving Big Priest?
I guess part of the luck is limited big priest and jade druids. My plan for those decks and OTK mage is basically to hope you get lucky with the mills.

N'Zoth and Sludge Belcher are 5 or more mana, and 5 or more mana cards make it impossible to copy a good hand. Dogg only ran one brawl because of this. This is a mill deck, so I don't see the need for a 10 mana N'Zoth to clog up your hand.

Last edited:

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess part of the luck is limited big priest and jade druids. My plan for those decks and OTK mage is basically to hope you get lucky with the mills.

N'Zoth and Sludge Belcher are 5 or more mana, and 5 or more mana cards make it impossible to copy a good hand. Dogg only ran one brawl because of this. This is a mill deck, so I don't see the need for a 10 mana N'Zoth to clog up your hand.
I'm running yours at +1 Brawl and -1 Brann. I just can't handle only having one Brawl when Thicclock is dropping huge boards on me one after another.

What's your copied hand look like in various situations? This is a deck I would like to do better with, but I'm terrible. I went 4-2 tonight, though.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I'm running yours at +1 Brawl and -1 Brann. I just can't handle only having one Brawl when Thicclock is dropping huge boards on me one after another.

What's your copied hand look like in various situations? This is a deck I would like to do better with, but I'm terrible. I went 4-2 tonight, though.
Don't remove Brann. That's one of the best cards in the deck. Either as basically a third coldlight or a billion health from armorer, it's really good. The 8 card draw can also be godly as lethal. Fatigue damage ramps up quick.

I'm trying without Armorsmiths. They're really good too, but maybe there's enough armor from other sources as it is.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Oh, for the hand you want to copy, mostly you want Brann, Coldlight, Bring It On and both deadman hands. Otherwise it's anything that can help you cheaply control the board against that class. With Justicar instead of Garrosh DK, often you want one ping, preferably whirlwind.

As you really get going at the end of game you basically want to copy, dump, and draw your whole hand every turn.

I'm still unsure of how Garrosh, Justicar, and Geist should fit. You really do have to basically concede immediately to jade druid if you don't have Geist, and that sucks, but justicar and garrosh don't play well together, and I like justicar so much. But Geist can shrink your deck by two, which is something you want if you have enough whirlwind.

I also find I do a lot better when I force myself to be more patient than I want to be. Hero Power is your friend early game.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Faced too many aggro. Checked my dust, and I had 1700 dust and few golden epic. So I decided to play control warlock and crafted 1 gnomeferatu, cuz I already had 1, and N'zoth. And it's been good so far.

Tranquility

Oct 28, 2017
Had 245 gold so I decided to get 2 packs. Got really lucky and got 2 legendaries and 2 epics I didn't have: Keleseth, Gul'dan, Doomerang and Dead man's hand.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Alright caught my pity timer legendary so it's time to stop buying K&C packs, Dragoncaller Alanna :(.

Final tally +/- a couple packs I forgot to add to my excel sheet immediately and couldn't recount. In 92 packs I got 7 legendaries, 17 Epics, 33 additional Rares (above the highest rarity card in the pack), 10 golden commons and 8 golden rares.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ehhhh.......I really can't find my feet in this meta, just can't seem to find a deck I click with, and I can win with, have tried loads of different decks, and I just keeping getting rolled, especially by the damn Warlocks!

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
It might just be the worst meta yet.
Then again I probably say that every other expansion.
Still though, if you aren't playing patches, jades, ui, raza+anduin, keleseth, and/or cards from the latest expansion that has its mana cost reduced to 0 or randomly summoned from your deck/anywhere for ridiculous tempo swings; you don't stand a chance.
Blizzard has only doubled down on randomness and power creep despite any and all complaints. In most games there are barely any tactical plays to be made. Just play something overpowered and hope for the best. I've been playing this game since beta (regularly/casually) and it has only gone downhill. I really don't know why I'm playing anymore. Worried I lose out on gold/packs if I don't? Probably. I should just quit haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.