• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have the dust to craft that warlock deck TT
As a former game designer I highly disagree , the goal is to always be trying even if it is unreasonable (and other games show there are def reasonable ways to close the gap)
there really isn't a way around the starter's advantage, no ccg/tcg has found an adequate solution. Hearthstone is considerably more generous w/ the coin already.

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
shit i broke down and made call to arms'

who thought it was a good idea to summon 3 murlocs from one card for 4 mana

why does murloc tidecaller still exist this is stupid
yeah some portion of this should be nerfed this is like a wild deck and im playing std lol
In wild murloc tidecaller isnt even played at all
why play that when you have anyfin

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been playing rogue and The Darkness has been fun to fuck around with. Made one opponent deal with it 3 times in a match. Same with the strider card. I had like 16 spiders in my deck

Oct 25, 2017
Time for me to play some hearthstone. Been busy with other games that I haven't really had much time put in this season. Here is to hoping my miracle rogue kingsbane list has held up over the past 3~ days of meta changes.

Oct 25, 2017
what's your list looking like?

Hasn't changed since I posted it last:

### Bane of Kings
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 1x (1) Cold Blood
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 1x (1) Doomerang
# 1x (1) Kingsbane
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 1x (2) Leeching Poison
# 1x (2) Sap
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) Fan of Knives
# 1x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (4) Elven Minstrel
# 2x (4) Fal'dorei Strider
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (5) Vilespine Slayer
# 2x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
#
AAECAaIHCowCsgLNA68E7QXdCIHCAqnNArHOArvvAgq0AcsDmwWIB6QHhgn1uwLc0QLl0QLb4wIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Yeah I hear priest really goes down in frequency at higher ranks...
Not that I'm seeing, Priest -> Paladin -> Priest -> Warlock -> Priest -> Mage -> Priest has been my last few hours.

EDIT: My thirst for Rank 5 is fucking real. I'll just play what the other assholes are playing because thank you Blizzard for this wonderful ladder system.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't changed since I posted it last:

### Bane of Kings
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 1x (1) Cold Blood
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 1x (1) Doomerang
# 1x (1) Kingsbane
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 1x (2) Leeching Poison
# 1x (2) Sap
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) Fan of Knives
# 1x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (4) Elven Minstrel
# 2x (4) Fal'dorei Strider
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (5) Vilespine Slayer
# 2x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
#
AAECAaIHCowCsgLNA68E7QXdCIHCAqnNArHOArvvAgq0AcsDmwWIB6QHhgn1uwLc0QLl0QLb4wIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
gonna have to check it out. I'm having so much fun with the deck and building it in different ways.
Not that I'm seeing, Priest -> Paladin -> Priest -> Warlock -> Priest -> Mage -> Priest has been my last few hours.

EDIT: My thirst for Rank 5 is fucking real. I'll just play what the other assholes are playing because thank you Blizzard for this wonderful ladder system.
I'm certain he was being sarcastic.

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
I think priest is better countered now so you see more ebb and flow of decks as people switch decks to counter what's hot. Still probably best class overall though.

I'm curious...what class are people NOT seeing? Been days since I saw a warrior or shaman. Seeing a lot less hunter too. EDIT: Rank 4 btw so getting into the try-hards.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
it's funny for my priest deck I made 1 adjustment, replacing mass dispel w/ psychic scream. It's a combo deck, don't see the point in running a dragon package at all.

Oct 25, 2017
I almost lost a game thinking that drakOP would steal a kingsbane at full buffs. But later remembered that drakOP generates a card and doesn't steal an exact copy of it.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I think the dragon raza deck is sub optimal. The main thing it gives you over the standard version is better early defensive tools against aggro at the expense of making your deck worse against control as it's hard to fit, card draw, Velen and mindblast too and without some of those you're not beating druid or warlock as consistently and generally are way slower at finishing games. There are not enough dragons in the deck either so it can easily fail at that early stage defense too. I'm aware some people did well with it but that's just priest being OP relatively and like anything performs well yet can be sub optimal. A deck focused on combo can end games quicker and it's not like it's helpless against aggro. It has many ways to deal with boards.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
User was warned: Language making light of self-harm.
We need even more min-maxing in this RNG clown fiesta! Come on this climb to 5 needs to make be cut my wrists if we're to really nail home how wonderful the ranked system is!

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure in my experience whether Hearthstone or MOBAs has more highly active players who by all appearances are miserable playing the game.

I mean I completely acknowledge I've been addicted to stuff like League of Legends in the past even when I didn't enjoy it, but that just convinces me more strongly to agree with Yaboosh: If you're playing a game that's not fun, and not only not fun but actively makes you seething mad and DETESTING the experience, your sanity and life will probably improve if you stop that thing. I mean this as a respectful suggestion and not a personal attack.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I was more miserable in Starcraft II ranked and DOTA 2 and HoN ranked. Hearthstone is still shit though, I'll quit someday like I did the others too, although it's harder because Hearthstone is much more accessible.

Seriously climbing is such a pain in the fucking ass, especially when you don't want to play ME GO FACE and faster mid-range decks.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure in my experience whether Hearthstone or MOBAs has more highly active players who by all appearances are miserable playing the game.

I mean I completely acknowledge I've been addicted to stuff like League of Legends in the past even when I didn't enjoy it, but that just convinces me more strongly to agree with Yaboosh: If you're playing a game that's not fun, and not only not fun but actively makes you seething mad and DETESTING the experience, your sanity and life will probably improve if you stop that thing. I mean this as a respectful suggestion and not a personal attack.

The issue is the ladder system. It requires insane amounts of games and thus a defeat hurts much more.

Oct 25, 2017
The issue is the ladder system. It requires insane amounts of games and thus a defeat hurts much more.
I've seen the same thing in League of Legends (it took ages to climb unless people got on large streaks, and games go 40-60 minutes often) and Overwatch (similar, but with shorter games).

If it becomes easier to climb you end up with tons of ladder steps (the League approach) or people jammed together (the Hearthstone approach). I love being unable to fall in Hearthstone, but it means people of different skill levels are at the same rank floor.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
In wild murloc tidecaller isnt even played at all
why play that when you have anyfin
It is very dangerous in murloc wild shaman (not popular but I pilot to rank five. That deck, or this, if you get 2 out to start the game it's mana wyrm esque), the pally deck I made with call to arms , tidecaller gets buffed from the summons even if he is one, and if he's on the board when it's played lol, I posted that bc my std hobbled murloc cta deck felt almost as nasty as a wild deck which is normally my main mode lol, if you get an uncleared cta into megasaur it's just byeee, but tbh they problem there is probably divine favor as I couldn't have such a stupid deck built without it, but again I'm mostly wild player so I'm not aware of what's popular in std right now I haven't paid attention to anything but my own dex since I have limited kc stuff so far.

But murloc pally slammed with cta (even if it means missed battle cries), creepers, megasaur, lol it's snowballs as murloc wild shaman practically, I would hate to face me rn lol, but meta is a hobbled mess since I split time in modes I'm not up high yet. Just observations. All in all I've had fun playing recently for sure despite only playing for quests the last couple months cos boring

But as I was saying from a designer perspective, tidecaller and mana wyrm just win games, it's a little ridiculous imo. The mole beast and ironically hunter one drops are good examples of nice, yet not going to win the game out right , one drops

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen the same thing in League of Legends (it took ages to climb unless people got on large streaks, and games go 40-60 minutes often) and Overwatch (similar, but with shorter games).

If it becomes easier to climb you end up with tons of ladder steps (the League approach) or people jammed together (the Hearthstone approach). I love being unable to fall in Hearthstone, but it means people of different skill levels are at the same rank floor.
I posted the other day, as someone who only played quests past few months, uhhh not to brag but it can be difficult for player like me to lose at ranks 22-15 when I get thrown back due to not playing consistently and playing wild and std split, I really shouldn't be facing decks crammed with basics when even my home brews can be like, 12 legendary jungle giants decks, which even tho a meme will make a new player probably wanna uninstall the game if player like me snowballs that shit on them at a dumpster rank lol, monthly reset is incredibly foolish, win streak fun for me sure but I can't help but think of the sorry souls who think they'll get a fair rank at rank 22, nope, I played other mode half the month and switch, and get to face roll noobs, it's silly

Oct 25, 2017
Stressing out over ladder progression is one certain way to kill your enjoyment of the game. We're only roughly half way through the month. I've barely climbed myself.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
And now, randomly, quests drop at midnight PST again.
It fixed for me after the end of the server maintenance tuesday.

EDIT: Finally Rank 5, can finally relax (as mentioned earlier I don't envy the additional stress that comes with Legend grinding). As a kicker my Rank 5 win was also my 500th Mage win!

3Svf7RA.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I've beaten dungeon runs with 3 classes and there are STILL bosses I haven't seen. For the first time today, I ran into the following boss at level 6:

Treasure vault. I was playing paladin and used equality to get every single treasure. Wondrous wand, rod of roasting, boots of haste, etc.

Copper

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
THICCLOCK or Cubelock in wild it's insane. Probably one of the best anti-aggro deck the game has ever seen.

Meanwhile the highest wr deck in standard is big priest at all ranks. Good job printing those stupidly broken priest card blizz BrokeBack

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
THICCLOCK or Cubelock in wild it's insane. Probably one of the best anti-aggro deck the game has ever seen.

Meanwhile the highest wr deck in standard is big priest at all ranks. Good job printing those stupidly broken priest card blizz BrokeBack
do the lists have a shitton of new cards or can i just get by with cubes and 1 mana destroys
i already have malganis and the old broken demons, never got krull or whatever though (the summon all demons from hands or whatever)

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
this might just be me late night spitballing, but seeping oozeling in a dragon hunter deck which only has deathwing dragonlord as the deathrattle, maybe an extra one in case he gets in your hand early(silver vanguard comes to mind), with some insane draw. have to try it in wild when i get my second oozeling, not wasting dust on that shit but it popped into my head

Stitched tracker and tracking

doomsayers....but staying alive lol, i'll have to tinker and find the right amount of insane greed, sounds like a meme project

could use wrathion (LMAO) to compensate for hunter draw

crap i need to craft the deal 3 damage if you're holding a dragon leggy to do this, shittttt

rough draft of meme

### DRAGONLAND
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Netherspite Historian
# 1x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Stitched Tracker
# 1x (4) Barnes
# 2x (4) Twilight Guardian
# 2x (5) Azure Drake
# 2x (5) Cobalt Scalebane
# 2x (6) Seeping Oozeling
# 1x (6) Wrathion
# 2x (7) Silver Vanguard
# 1x (8) Chromaggus
# 2x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza
# 1x (9) Nefarian
# 1x (9) Sleepy Dragon
# 1x (9) Ysera
# 1x (10) Deathwing, Dragonlord
#
AAEBAR8KxQSXCKIJ/gzVEegRn7AChbgCm70C5tMCCooBhwS5BokUgrUCyccCyssC080C5+EC7eoCAA==
#

Last edited:

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
Might as well instantly concede against Priest. Who wants to spend over 20 minutes trying to stay ahead only to be burned down with DK Anduin + Raza combo at the very end. I don't. Can't believe it's still in the game. Same goes for Jades and Patches to be honest. They've been ruining the meta for well over a year now.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Might as well instantly concede against Priest. Who wants to spend over 20 minutes trying to stay ahead only to be burned down with DK Anduin + Raza combo at the very end. I don't. Can't believe it's still in the game. Same goes for Jades and Patches to be honest. They've been ruining the meta for well over a year now.
I'm seriously wondering who the hell at Blizzard thought it was okay to print Shadowreaper's hero power as is when Raza exists. I said this when it was revealed and I'm still saying it now. I just sigh whenever I see both played.

BabyMurloc

Oct 29, 2017
A mode with best of 3 with sideboard is 100% needed for this game. Or maybe that 4 deck tournament mode, not entirely familiar with that.

Basically there's just too little opportunity to disrupt overpowered plays.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Popped a Hunter's Wandering Monster and it gave them a Howlfiend. Attacked it a bunch of times to empty his hand, including a full powered Spellstone! Brutal low roll.

aqua5

Dec 7, 2017
Hi, everyone.

I have been playing HS quite some time ago and want to return. I have little interest in constructed, only interested in arena. Since arenas have an admission price of 150g per run, there is an obvious problem of getting that gold regularly.

I scanned through patch notes for the last few years and thought of the following setup:

1. Create two accounts. Make them friends.

2. Do dailies on both, playing with each other. This step saves me the headache of losing due to not having cards plus there is a bit of fun in composing decks and trying to be efficient in completing dailies in the most efficient way possible.

3. Use the resulting gold to play arena.

If I understand it correctly, this setup should provide me with a stream of ~50g per day from easy dailies on two accounts. If I then finish an average arena run with a reward of 50g (about 4 wins? looks doable), I can play a run every day - and a run per day is more than enough for me.

Is this setup against the rules or not? I don't want to violate anything.

If it is not against the rules, are there any hidden rocks I am missing? (I don't know, dailies still taking too long or whatever.) Anyone playing this way?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing zoolock, and I'm only facing priests and controlocks, like 10 consecutive times

this meta is so terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.