Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Hello all, I bought an arctic 7p for my playstation and pc for wireless gaming. So far the headset has some pros and cons. I have a hyper cloud 2 wired and find the microphone is signficantly lower and more clear.

Issues I have at the moment,
1) The microphone is very quiet when playing with friends
2) The microphone keeps cutting out my friends kept noticing it through the night.
It's frustrating I spend a good amount of money on this headset and seems a bit of a letdown in many ways.
Is there any way to fix the volume? I tried upping the microphone volume up to 100% both in the control panel and through the arctic app on pc.

Any suggestions would be grateful!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Are you using it wired or via the wireless dongle? I have the 7X version and haven't had any of those issues. Worse comes to worst it could be just a defected product but I think steel series warranty should replace it pretty easily. Heard they aren't bad to work with in that regard.

OP
OP
Star-Lord

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Are you using it wired or via the wireless dongle? I have the 7X version and haven't had any of those issues. Worse comes to worst it could be just a defected product but I think steel series warranty should replace it pretty easily. Heard they aren't bad to work with in that regard.
Im using the wireless dongle and I hope so I bought them a few weeks ago and find for general use theyre good and I just used tonight to finally game. I cant find the recipt so I hope they will still honor it :(

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
I have the original Arctis 7 and yeah, the mic is unusably quiet by default for me too. I got around it by having Equalizer APO installed on the mic device and jacking up the pre-amp. I've also installed a noise suppression plug-in into the Equalizer APO config (RNNoise). Post all that, it's a pretty good sounding mic.

OP
OP
Star-Lord

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
I have the original Arctis 7 and yeah, the mic is unusably quiet by default for me too. I got around it by having Equalizer APO installed on the mic device and jacking up the pre-amp. I've also installed a noise suppression plug-in into the Equalizer APO config (RNNoise). Post all that, it's a pretty good sounding mic.
Okay I'll try this suggestion and see if it imrpoves