• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Yes, all signs point to Microsoft paying to have this sabotaged.

Yes because it makes complete sense that Microsoft would bother giving CDPR money to botch the patch of an almost three year old game.

Poor Sony is truly struggling with them evil folks at Microsoft resorting to such extreme measures to sabotage them. It's just not fair.

/s

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
good job cdpr lol.

I guess for all those who said they could finally play the game now that HDR is out will need to wait longer...the time to play was 3 years ago. hope the wait for HDR was worth it lol.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Console warring and conspiracy theories. Previously warned for similar behaviour.
Yes because it makes complete sense that Microsoft would bother giving CDPR money to botch the patch of an almost three year old game.

Poor Sony is truly struggling with them evil folks at Microsoft resorting to such extreme measures to sabotage them. It's just not fair.

/s
Why wouldn't MS do that since they are desperate to get reasons into buy an One X?

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Why wouldn't MS do that since they are desperate to get reasons into buy an One X?
wnfyyiakckla7hs0ptqb.jpg

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
This must be like the 6th time they've broken the game on PS4 after an update.
Indeed. And if history tells us anything, it will take them three patches to fix it. The next one will say it fixes the problem, but will actually make it worse. The one after that will actually fix it, but introduce another game-breaking bug. And then the one after that will finally fix the game.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Hope it fixes whatever makes my game unplayable on the OG ps4. It constantly stutters and needs to load 2-3 seconds before every line of dialogue.
That is just PS4 not processing fast enough. CDPR was aware and implemented a "Blur-out" effect every time the assets can't load in time. In BioWare's Frostbite games the same issue happens very frequently and is usually related to streaming the audio of dialogue on time, so instead you get lots of loading icons while subtitles appear ahead of the time the sound plays. It's super annoying but it's an issue that happens due to the ginormous amount of interactive dialogue that has to be loaded in an already tasky set of systems and wide in-game geomitry.

I dunno if it's due to CPU or Harddrive read speed limitations. It's been well documented how even with strong SSDs PS4 doesn't significantly improve load speeds for most games. The only remedy for the issue you talked about in TW3 would likely be to reduce the bitrate for audio entirely, meaning lower quality.

Alej

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Have CDProjekt acknowledged this is a bug yet?

It isn't a bug. This abysmal LOD is the result of the abysmal hardware in the PS4 Pro. Optimization means this, in order to be stable 28-29fps at more than 1080p res, you have to cut those corners, that's it.

The build just before this update was nearly unplayable (27fps omg) because of stability issues. Now, it's perfectly playable, but if you want to go out of this mess, you can buy the PC version, better than this from day one.

Or maybe it's MS paying for this ? Haha.
Really, i would prefer sub1080p res in order to have a 30fps lock but console folks obviously won't accept that reality.

(/evilsarcasm)
(/theuglyjoke)

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I think this patch is a good indication why complex games is not ideal Day 1 buy unless you're objective is to exclusively support the devs. As such, C2077 should definitely part of "buyers be wary".

I still haven't gotten around to completing TW2 but bought TW3 on launch and later all the story dlc on PS4 to exclusively show support for CDPR. I still haven't played TW3 and given their penchant for creating a solution and a mess with their patches on PS4, I regret my decision immensely.

Lesson learned. Definitely going to wait a long time and dozens of patches before I buy C2077 especially if it's on a platform not not labelled Microsoft. Also, there definitely needs to be a way to revert back to earlier patches for games that fuck up with their latest ones.

Nov 18, 2017
It isn't a bug. This abysmal LOD is the result of the abysmal hardware in the PS4 Pro. Optimization means this, in order to be stable 28-29fps at more than 1080p res, you have to cut those corners, that's it.

The build just before this update was nearly unplayable (27fps omg) because of stability issues. Now, it's perfectly playable, but if you want to go out of this mess, you can buy the PC version, better than this from day one.

Really, i would prefer sub1080p res in order to have a 30fps lock but console folks obviously won't accept that reality.

(/evilsarcasm)
(/theuglyjoke)

Firstly you should probably be banned for replying with "Get the PC version".

The patch before this was just fine - it looked stunning on PS4 Pro and I encountered no stability issues in about 10 hours play.

Now they've added HDR support and trees are popping in everywhere. That isn't a trade-off they should've made and shouldn't have been forced on all users. I hope it's a bug.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
The nefarious Microsoft strikes again. Moneyhat sabotages. Is their no limit to their evil??!

/s /jk

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
Yes, all signs point to Microsoft paying to have this sabotaged.

Hahahahahahaha.

Microsoft is not paying a well respected game developer to release patches that make a 3 year old game worse on a competitor's platform. Anyone who honestly believes this is buried way too deep in console war bullshit.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
good job cdpr lol.

I guess for all those who said they could finally play the game now that HDR is out will need to wait longer...the time to play was 3 years ago. hope the wait for HDR was worth it lol.
Whats up with all the Schadenfreude? Some people - like me - want to play the game a second time, or didn't yet play the DLC. Also the release-state of the game wasn't perfet either. And it's not the first time they worsen things with a patch.

Alej

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Firstly you should probably be banned for replying with "Get the PC version".

The patch before this was just fine - it looked stunning on PS4 Pro and I encountered no stability issues in about 10 hours play.

Now they've added HDR support and trees are popping in everywhere. That isn't a trade-off they should've made and shouldn't have been forced on all users. I hope it's a bug.

My post was made only in the purpose of answering your own question by yourself. Yes, it's obviously a bug and you know it, they know it, etc. Even if they don't acknowledge it right now.

Game was fine just before. Without HDR but fine (minus the infamous inventory bug).

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
CDPR, This DOES NOT instill confidence regarding Cyberpunk. So much so, Im not pre-ordering it now.

Microsoft moneyhat jokes aside, this.

I'm sure the game will be nice to see if it appears at E3, but right now it may as well be a "never gonna play it" W10 store exclusive as far as I'm concerned. Bought The Witcher 3 GOTY on PSN ages ago and still haven't got around to playing it, this patch (well, fix of the well known inventory bug) being the latest reason to hold off... and now yet again.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
CDPR, This DOES NOT instill confidence regarding Cyberpunk. So much so, Im not pre-ordering it now.

CD Projekt said they have another "AAA title" coming out in the same time window (2018-2021) as Cyberpunk. Given the timeframe that implies, Cyberpunk will almost certainly be a next gen game. It might also run on PS4 Pro due to BC/shared architecture but I can't imagine it will be the preferred way to experience the game.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Some of the post in this thread is ridiculous . I m sure now they r aware and will iron out this bug .but without considering this bug ,the game looks amazing with the HDR patch .

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
1 step forward, 2 steps back. seems to be the CDPR way of patching. it took forever to get performance sorted on PS4. i imagine with a dozen more patches the game will be as it should be.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
When I first heard about this I thought it might be people returning to a game that hasn't aged great in terms of its LOD and assuming it was downgraded, but that footage is atrocious. Trees never fully appeared/disappeared like that.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
shoot, I regret patching now with all these new issues on Pro :-/

hopefully it won't take forever for them to patch the problems this patch introduced >_<

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia

(/evilsarcasm)
(/theuglyjoke)
You should bold the sarcasm part 'cause I almost got fooled here.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My post was made only in the purpose of answering your own question by yourself. Yes, it's obviously a bug and you know it, they know it, etc. Even if they don't acknowledge it right now.

Game was fine just before. Without HDR but fine (minus the infamous inventory bug).

I'm not so sure it is a bug. It seems to be happening to everyone on Pro, so surely they would have caught it in playtesting the patch. The patch was accepted and released. I just can't believe nobody noticed it.

Unless their QA is the worst on the fucking planet.

1 step forward, 2 steps back. seems to be the CDPR way of patching. it took forever to get performance sorted on PS4. i imagine with a dozen more patches the game will be as it should be.

A year from now it will have regressed all the way back to an N64 game.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like Witcher 3 is officially the PS4's Skyrim. Glad I got this on PC. This and the GoW stuff makes me glad I stuck with my base PS4. I don't even have a 4k TV but still.

AHindD

Oct 27, 2017

Its laughable that some of you guys think Microsoft gives so much of a fuck as to pay a third party to sabotage a competitors version of a 3 year old game.

Hoping CDPR fixes this, because that video is pathetic. I'm surprised it made it past alpha stage.

Golvellius

Banned
Dec 3, 2017

I'd rather assume technical reasons.
MS's SDK is probably light years ahead of Sony's, therefore it doesn't surprise me that developers don't want to invest an unreasonable amount of time for basic tasks that can be accomplished much faster on Xbox One X.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
Lol@people saying MS would pay to sabotage the patch. Don't be stupid, if they were going to go to any extreme they would have paid CDPR to make the 4K update exclusive to the X and they obviously haven't.

AHindD

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather assume technical reasons.
MS's SDK is probably light years ahead of Sony's, therefore it doesn't surprise me that developers don't want to invest an unreasonable amount of time for basic tasks that can be accomplished much faster on Xbox One X.

I think you forgot to post this in 2006 when this might have still been relevant and had any chance of being accurate.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Why TW3 is such mess on PS4? Xbox version has its issues, but seems like PS4 has it worse. PC version is like another game when it comes to these technical issues and performance.

Also people throwing CP2077 under the bus because of this? Really?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I'm not so sure it is a bug. It seems to be happening to everyone on Pro, so surely they would have caught it in playtesting the patch. The patch was accepted and released. I just can't believe nobody noticed it.

Unless their QA is the worst on the fucking planet.

LoD as egregious as that is definitely an oversight and not a feature of the latest patch. Prior to the patch the performance was (according to DF) fine and HDR implementation (iirc) does not affect core performance of a game.

Why TW3 is such mess on PS4? Xbox version has its issues, but seems like PS4 has it worse. PC version is like another game when it comes to these technical issues and performance.

Also people throwing CP2077 under the bus because of this? Really?

As to you first question- Perhaps it's based on time and resource. MS and CDPR had a marketing deal and as such it makes sense for them to assign more resources to that platform.

As to your second question- I don't think people are worried about C2077 as WRPG game, rather given the technical mess TW3 had been on consoles at launch and now this shockingly bad patch, people are rightly worried about how it would play at launch and subsequent to patches, especially if there's another marketing deal with a single platform holder.

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
As to your second question- I don't think people are worried about C2077 as WRPG game, rather given the technical mess TW3 had been on consoles at launch and now this shockingly bad patch, people are rightly worried about how it would play at launch and subsequent to patches, especially if there's another marketing deal with a single platform holder.

Is Witcher 3 really terrible on consoles..

Serious question as I'm a PC player and thought it was regarded as generally good on all platforms.

Zing

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
No. Pop on issues are there also on PS4 pro on a 4k screen
Same here. I'll check more areas but I am not seeing anything remotely like these videos.

Edit: Jesus Christ, I just read the last couple pages and never have I seen such whining and people so desperate to not play a game. "Shit show" etc. I'm out.

Last edited: