SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
The rules are simple:

Narrow down your backlog to the top three to five games you want to play.

List those games in your post, with any information you think might be appropriate (for example, I'm in the mood for a JRPG, I don't want to play a long game right now, etc.)

The FIRST PERSON to respond WITH ONE SENTENCE EXPLAINING WHY THEY CHOSE THAT GAME will decide which game you play.

If this thread ends up being too chaotic due to multiple people responding, or if this kind of thing is frowned upon, then the mods can feel free to lock it.

I'll start:

Star Ocean: First Departure R (about halfway through), Luigi's Mansion 3 (about 30% through), Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (not sure how far into it I am). Leaning a bit away from Odyssey as a big open world game is a little overwhelming at the moment.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The rules are simple:

Narrow down your backlog to the top three to five games you want to play.

List those games in your post, with any information you think might be appropriate (for example, I'm in the mood for a JRPG, I don't want to play a long game right now, etc.)

The FIRST PERSON to respond WITH ONE SENTENCE EXPLAINING WHY THEY CHOSE THAT GAME will decide which game you play.

If this thread ends up being too chaotic due to multiple people responding, or if this kind of thing is frowned upon, then the mods can feel free to lock it.

I'll start:

Star Ocean: First Departure R (about halfway through), Luigi's Mansion 3 (about 30% through), Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (not sure how far into it I am). Leaning a bit away from Odyssey as a big open world game is a little overwhelming at the moment.

Lugi's mansone

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Luigi's Mansion seems like a short-and-sweet kind of game that shouldn't be daunting to tackle

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spyro
Wolfenstein
Mad Max
RDR2

Been back and forth on all of them, mainly have played RDR2 to fuck around

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Ok someone help me before I lose my mind
Control
Disco Elysium

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only got two games in my backlog I have any interest in playing ATM so go nuts.

Yakuza 2 Kiwami

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I only got two games in my backlog I have any interest in playing ATM so go nuts.

Yakuza 2 Kiwami

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
Twilight Princess, because Hero Mode + Ganondorf Amiibo was one of the most fun times I've had playing a Zelda game, especially since the game normally is otherwise very easy.

(I hope you have a Ganondorf Amiibo lol.)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Twilight Princess, because Hero Mode + Ganondorf Amiibo was one of the most fun times I've had playing a Zelda game, especially since the game normally is otherwise very easy.

(I hope you have a Ganondorf Amiibo lol.)

The last time I booted up TP on Hero Mode I knocked over a bee's nest and died.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
FE #TMS (Never finished on Wii-U)
Cold Steel 1 (A couple hours in. Put off because I'm 3/4ths into TitS 3)

KingPat

Apr 29, 2019
California
Ff6,7,8,12 (never played them)
Never finished ff4
Trails series (probably would start with sky or cold steel)
Or really any rpg that would be worth my time as I'm sure I own it.
I do have p5 royal to play on Monday night

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
My prime is getting cancelled next month. Got 3 games on Twitch to play. Hello me start with one:

Desert Child
Epistory
Whispers of a Machine

Ff6,7,8,12 (never played them)
Never finished ff4
Trails series (probably would start with sky or cold steel)
Or really any rpg that would be worth my time as I'm sure I own it.
I do have p5 royal to play on Monday night
FF6. It's the shortest of those listed and an excellent game. A good mix between old-school fantasy and stepping into steampunk.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Tyranny
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh this looks like a fun idea. I'm going to list out games I've been really wanting to finish but keep postponing (for whatever reason). I'm hoping for something that'll be fun, interesting, and hold my attention.

Trails of Cold Steel 1
Nier: Automata
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
The Order: 1886
Undertale
South Park: The Fractured But Whole

My prime is getting cancelled next month. Got 3 games on Twitch to play. Hello me start with one:

Desert Child
Epistory
Whispers of a Machine

Gonna go with Whispers of a Machine. It sounds like the most inventive of the three, plus it's also pretty highly rated so it shouldn't be a bad choice assuming you're into it to begin with.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Tyranny
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Tyranny because it's not so long and could help psyche you up for playing Pathfinder or another RPG. Also because Obsidian make really really good RPGs :D.

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I have a shit load of PSVR games, trying to decide which ones to play:

Borderlands 2 VR
LA Noire VR
Killing Floor
Espire 1
Raw Data
Sairento
Arizona Sunshine
Creed
Box
The Persistence
Mortal Blitz
Thumper
I expect you to die
Statik
Invisible Hours

PLEASE HELP ME!

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh this looks like a fun idea. I'm going to list out games I've been really wanting to finish but keep postponing (for whatever reason). I'm hoping for something that'll be fun, interesting, and hold my attention.

Trails of Cold Steel 1
Nier: Automata
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
The Order: 1886
Undertale
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Gonna go with The Order: 1886. It's a fun, short little romp and will get you in the mode of finishing games again.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a shit load of PSVR games, trying to decide which ones to play:

Borderlands 2 VR
LA Noire VR
Killing Floor
Espire 1
Raw Data
Sairento
Arizona Sunshine
Creed
Box
The Persistence
Mortal Blitz
Thumper
I expect you to die
Statik
Invisible Hours

PLEASE HELP ME!
Thumper on Switch was tight. I can imagine it'd be quite memorable in VR.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
About to finish Bioshock 2 for PS4. Some titles I'm considering after finishing it :

- Bioshock Infinite (might burn out playing this after Bioshock 1 and 2. PSPlus game, expired in October).
- Fallout 4 (have been on my backlog for quite sometime, but I'm also recently goes through RPG-spree on my laptop so might burn me out of the genre?)
- Shadow Of Colossus (familiar with the game but never played it, also PSPlus game.).
- Monster Hunter World Iceborne (been some time since I played, I think since Safijiiva, thinking to go back mainly for Furious Jang and Raging Brachy update, also to prepare for Alatreon).

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna go with The Order: 1886. It's a fun, short little romp and will get you in the mode of finishing games again.

That's a really good point - especially since I've been slacking this year in terms of finishing games. Thanks a lot for the help :D. Will play it next after finishing Life is Strange 2 :D.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Whatever I play this weekend I'm most likely dropping for Persona 5 Royal next week but I can't decide if I should kill time with Animal Crossing, start the copy of Nioh 2 I have, play the 4th House DLC for Fire Emblem, or buy and start Doom Eternal.

All seem equally entertaining.

OP
OP
SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Whatever I play this weekend I'm most likely dropping for Persona 5 Royal next week but I can't decide if I should kill time with Animal Crossing, start the copy of Nioh 2 I have, play the 4th House DLC for Fire Emblem, or buy and start Doom Eternal.

All seem equally entertaining.
4th House DLC will last you anywhere from a day to a few days, perfect to finish in time for Royal.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
About to finish Bioshock 2 for PS4. Some titles I'm considering after finishing it :

- Bioshock Infinite (might burn out playing this after Bioshock 1 and 2. PSPlus game, expired in October).
- Fallout 4 (have been on my backlog for quite sometime, but I'm also recently goes through RPG-spree on my laptop so might burn me out of the genre?)
- Shadow Of Colossus (familiar with the game but never played it, also PSPlus game.).
- Monster Hunter World Iceborne (been some time since I played, I think since Safijiiva, thinking to go back mainly for Furious Jang and Raging Brachy update, also to prepare for Alatreon).
Bioshock Infinite is one of my all time favs game,so I recemmend for anyone with all the passion I have to this game,but you might get burn out indeed,so play later,but make sure you play it before your PSPlus expire.
I have Fallout 4 since day one,played after maybe 30+hrs and dropped and never tried since,it is not bad but is not really my kind of game and by the fans reception is not that good really.
Monster Hunter World Iceborne I didn't played,so I can't comment,I just played the Demo for the standard game and didn't liked.
Shadow of the Colossus,oh boy,I love this game to death,10/10 timeless masterpiece,there is nothing like this game,before and after the release of the original game,this Remake is gorgeous,one of the best looking games of this gen,it is a short game too,you can beat in 5~7h in the first run if you got figere out fast how to beat the colossus.After that you can unlock cool equipaments with the time attack challenges,providing a good replaybility.

So,I just finished a big ass game last week (Divinity Original Sin 2),I am playing Thronebreaker The Witcher Tales and this weekend (I am only playing the weekends unfortunately) I will probably finish DOOM 2016,I want to start another short game 10~15hrs,the top favs right now:

• Tropico 5 (PS4)
  • Cities Skyline (PS4)
  • Cuphead (Switch)
  • Bastion (PS4)
  • Zero Time Dilemma (PS4)
  • Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (PS4)

Why I choose those games,Tropico 5 and Cities are games I expect to play casually,take my time and not worry about try rush and finish,because I will play only the weekends,I will not finish my last section and pass the entire week thinking where I stopped and how much has until I see the credits,so those are in my top,with an edge for Tropico 5 since I played the demo and loved it all, although Skyline is,by many,the pinnacle of the genre today,but I didn't played yet.
Cuphead I always wanted to play,got it in a sale but my joycon has drift and I didn't played because of that,but the 8bitdo sn30 pro I bought just arrived and I can play this game the whole week until the weekends,where I can dedicate my time to the other games,the only issue is I don't know if this game is a short one or will be a lot of time consuming because people says it is a hard game and I don't want more stress right now.
Bastion is in my backlog for so long,I remember enjoying but not loving,so I would like to give another try,but I have to start from the beginning.
Zero and Psycho-Pass is basically a shot in the dark,it is a new genre for me and the past few years I have played a lot of games I wouldn't play in the past and discovered a lot of amazing games,and those can be one of them,but I am blind here,I don't know how long it is and is probably a bad idea to play those games only in the weekends.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
*cracks knuckles*

PS2: Silent Hill 2 (I got as far as the apartments with the first pyramid head, and was using a non-spoiler guide to that point for help with puzzles/direction). Persona 4 OG. (I got very far in, but again, spoilers abound).

Gamecube: Paper Mario TYD. (Constantly bounce off all the Paper Marios, I have PM64 too). Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. (I've complained about this on here before).

Wii U: Bayo 2 (I constantly feel I'm no good at these games) I am very far in. Yoshi's Woolly World (who's a Yoshi tragic I can ask some questions of?)

PS4: All of it. RDR2 and RE2 are my most glaring 'yes I'll get back to these both one day'.

Switch: Again, most of the library. I haven't yet done BOTW's DLC.

PC: Witcher 3 (I know I know), Batman: Arkham Knight.

This is holding off on posting stuff that I haven't started but really want to start - in the interest of my own sanity I'm not posting those. Services like Gamepass or PS+ artificially inflate the number of games in a 'backlog' in my view.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Shadow of the Colossus,oh boy,I love this game to death,10/10 timeless masterpiece,there is nothing like this game,before and after the release of the orinal game,this Remake is gorgeous,one of the best looking games of this gen,it is a short game too,you can beat in 5~7h in the first run if you got figere out fast how to beat the colossus.After that you can unlock cool equipaments with the time attack challenges,providing a good replaybility.

I think I'll go with SoTC, 5-7h is short enough (probably can knock it out in 3-4 days) and it seems to be fairly different from any games I played recently.

Aneru

Mar 15, 2019
Okay this sounds fun. Here is my list.

Trails in the Sky: second chapter. Completed the first one last month. I'm about 4 hours into it. I used to play on my commute but now I'm working from home.

Nioh - all the hype around the second has me in the mood to finally give this another shot. I'm just past the 3rd boss but not sure if I should stick with it since there isn't much of a story hook so far. Gameplay is fun though.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: torna the golden country. - Just saw the trailer for the XB1 remaster so it reminded me that I needed to go back and play the expansion pass.

Control : Foundation expansion. Just released and I loved the main game enough to buy the expansion pass. Just worried that I might not remember how to place the game.

Evil Within 2: Game always looked cool and I haven't played a horror game in years.

Divinity Original Sin 2: I didn't get far in the first game but I keep hearing good things about it.

I could maybe add Spider-Man Ps4 and God of war to the list as well but I'm not as excited about those.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Okay this sounds fun. Here is my list.

Trails in the Sky: second chapter. Completed the first one last month. I'm about 4 hours into it. I used to play on my commute but now I'm working from home.

Nioh - all the hype around the second has me in the mood to finally give this another shot. I'm just past the 3rd boss but not sure if I should stick with it since there isn't much of a story hook so far. Gameplay is fun though.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: torna the golden country. - Just saw the trailer for the XB1 remaster so it reminded me that I needed to go back and play the expansion pass.

Control : Foundation expansion. Just released and I loved the main game enough to buy the expansion pass. Just worried that I might not remember how to place the game.

Evil Within 2: Game always looked cool and I haven't played a horror game in years.

Divinity Original Sin 2: I didn't get far in the first game but I keep hearing good things about it.

I could maybe add Spider-Man Ps4 and God of war to the list as well but I'm not as excited about those.

The Control dlc is about 5 hours and if you loved the main game you'll enjoy this. Took me about 15 minutes to get the hang of the controls and I haven't played it since finishing it around launch.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
GamePass, Games with Gold, Unlimited Wifi and a super cheap used game store lead to this

Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Sekiro
Halo Reach
Halo Wars
Halo Wars 2
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Batman Telltale
Batman The Enemy Within
Batman Arkham Knight
Control
Dante's Inferno
Dragon Age 2
Dragon Age Incquisition
Fable 2
For Honor
Friday the 13th
Life is Strange 2
Mass Effect Andromeda
Outcast
Perfect Dark Zero
Pillars of Eternity
Quantum Break
Sekiro
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Sherlock Holmes: Devil's Daughter
Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Star Wars KOTOR 2
Sunset Overdrive
Technomancer
Walking Dead Season 2
Watch Dogs
We Happy Few
We Were Here
Witcher 3
Yooka Laylee

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
  • Tropico 5 (PS4)
  • Cities Skyline (PS4)
  • Cuphead (Switch)
  • Bastion (PS4)
  • Zero Time Dilemma (PS4)
  • Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (PS4)

Depending on how long your play sessions are you could probably finish Bastion in one weekend. It also looks like you've played some long games recently and this could be a nice change of pace.

LatteToGo

Oct 28, 2017
Dark Souls Remaster (ps4 and switch)
The Witcher 3 (switch)
Xenoblade Chronicle 2 (switch)
RDR2 (ps4)
Spiderman (ps4)

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Looking at finishing Cold Steel 3 soon. Not sure what to play next between:

-Sekiro
-Divinity OS2
-Octopath Traveler
-Monster Hunter World

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Depending on how long your play sessions are you could probably finish Bastion in one weekend. It also looks like you've played some long games recently and this could be a nice change of pace.
I can play at least 10 hrs in 2 days,yeah I have played a lot of big games recently and Resident Evil 3 and Final Fantasy VII is coming.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
GamePass, Games with Gold, Unlimited Wifi and a super cheap used game store lead to this

Assassin's Creed Unity
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Sekiro
Halo Reach
Halo Wars
Halo Wars 2
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Batman Telltale
Batman The Enemy Within
Batman Arkham Knight
Control
Dante's Inferno
Dragon Age 2
Dragon Age Incquisition
Fable 2
For Honor
Friday the 13th
Life is Strange 2
Mass Effect Andromeda
Outcast
Perfect Dark Zero
Pillars of Eternity
Quantum Break
Sekiro
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Sherlock Holmes: Devil's Daughter
Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Star Wars KOTOR 2
Sunset Overdrive
Technomancer
Walking Dead Season 2
Watch Dogs
We Happy Few
We Were Here
Witcher 3
Yooka Laylee
You said Sekiro twice so, Sekiro

Arithmetician

Oct 9, 2019
Bloodborne - complete edition
Witcher III - complete edition
Nier: Automata - game of the yorrha edition
Red Dead Redemption 2

I like exploration, atmosphere and polish above all else in games. I don't like procedurally generated content nor long stretches of game with just battles and no story or change in environment. I love great maps in games. I really don't like Diablo.

Leaning Red Dead, because I like cinematic open worlds. I enjoyed GTA V quite a lot. Breath of the Wild is my favorite game and I think this has some similarities with that too. Pretty sure I'll like it at the very least.

I was lukewarm on Dark Souls (terrible menus, stats aren't explained, terrible platforming and fighting tiny fire dogs), but I do like the boss fights and the connected world.

The visual design of Witcher III doesn't immediately appeal to me, but I think I would like the exploration. I watched the Netflix series and thought it was very average. I like but don't love RPGs that go heavy on number of attributes and items - don't know how Witcher III is in this respect.

Not super keen on Bayonetta, and character action/Platinum games in general, but I think Automata seems more grounded and takes its story more seriously so could be a fun ride. The artistic design looks interesting.

Mar 22, 2019
Great idea!

Here are my options and status of each...

1. Black Mesa (50% done)
2. Bioshock 2 (not started but LOVED the first one)
3. Witcher 3: Blood and Wine (not started yet but finished the main game + blood and stone already)
4. Monster Hunter IceBorne (finished the main game about 3 months ago and not dived back in since)

Thanks!

MotherFan

Oct 27, 2017
Great idea!

Here are my options and status of each...

1. Black Mesa (50% done)
2. Bioshock 2 (not started but LOVED the first one)
3. Witcher 3: Blood and Wine (not started yet but finished the main game + blood and stone already)
4. Monster Hunter IceBorne (finished the main game about 3 months ago and not dived back in since)

Thanks!
Monster Hunter Iceborn. The new area is really nice and we get some nice new monsters. And of course more grinding :)