delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

Youtube recommendations hit me again.

Basically, it's not feasible for your average gaming friend to purchase an RTX 3090 due to it's insanely high barrier of entry ($1,600 MSRP), let alone being able to purchase 2 RTX 3090 cards (at $3,200 MSRP) to do an SLI configuration. But I'm sure this is big world, and we'll be able to meet someone who does here.

The performance gains with the SLI are quite massive. Going by the video, the benchmark for an 3090 SLI configuration gives you a super insanely high refresh rate depending on your resolutions.

Maybe you'll look into this and get to play a nice first-person shooter at 362FPS/2160p (going by the benchmark at 11:21 into the video).

Anyone else did this on ResetEra? How's your gaming experience thus far with this setup you have?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
unless NVIDIA has fixed the inherent microstutter introduced with two card SLI, it's not worth it even if you had infinite money

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
That 2 months old video sums it up. nVidia gave up on it and it's basically playing with fire now.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
and that's why SLI is very very dead :)

after doing two gens of SLI, I am beyond done fucking around with SLI bits and AFR vs AFR2 in NVIDIA inspector
it was dead before that. for the reasons you stated. "good" support always came from the dev side. I guess it was also good when rendering was also much simpler