For US politics and election threads

ironichaos

Oct 31, 2017

View: https://www.threads.net/@kamalaharris/post/DBJtLmBKP1c

Among the initiatives being announced by Harris Monday:
  • Legalizing recreational marijuana and providing opportunities for Black Americans to succeed in the industry
  • 1 million fully forgivable loans of up to $20,000 for Black entrepreneurs and others to start businesses
  • a plan come up with rules for cryptocurrency and other digital assets; more than 20% of Black Americans own or have owned cryptocurrency assets, according to the campaign
  • invest more in Black male teachers, promote registered apprenticeships and credentialing opportunities in Black communities and investing in leadership training and mentorship programs like My Brother's Keeper
  • a National Health Equity Initiative focused on Black Men that addresses sickle cell disease, diabetes, mental health, prostate cancer, and other health challenges that disproportionately affect them

CharmyCharm

Sep 24, 2024
South Carolina
YES! Now with recent reports and more research regarding long term usage I'm fine with it being regulated. Ultimately that being a drug charge should of been wiped off decades ago but we know why it wasn't.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
steve-martin-happy-tears.gif
Yes yes yes yes yes

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Trump is pretty anti drug btw, although he's been showing some movement. But it's not hurting with the chud set.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno why it took Democrats this long to realize this was a winning issue, but it's MASSIVE

Democrats, including Kamala, recognized it was a winning issue in blue states 20 years ago. Which is why it's legal everywhere Democrats hold full power. Biden administration already took it off the schedule, which is defacto federal legalization.

This is basically optics, especially given this is being messaged toward black men.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
It's the easiest win of all time and she should have been touting it months ago but I'll take it!

More money in taxes, being able to walk into stores like an adult anywhere in the country without having to do back alley deals, etc etc.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect time to release this statement. As a federal employee, please, please PLEASE legalize on a federal level.

Lil Bee

Feb 13, 2024
Excellent. I wish they'd do this in the UK. Pay for a huge amount of the blackhole in the budget with taxing weed.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Biden already pardoned people convicted of simple possession in the Federal system. They need to make it legal to help people in the State systems.

www.justice.gov

Application for Certificate of Pardon

Application for Certificate of Pardon

Yeah, but there are a lot of states like mine (Kansas) that will NEVER legalize it on the state level until it's federally legal. Hopefully this can kill off that grey area once and for all.

Hahahaha I'm laughing so hard at this

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
What would it take to make it federally legal?

And how can the Supreme Court / States / Bad legal actors fuck it over?

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
Do we think Kamala or Walz already smoke/vape/take edibles? I could definitely see Walz partaking, for some reason. Honestly, maybe Kamala too...

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Legalize it. Specifically legalize cross-state shipping to neuter any dumbass states who might try to continue to enforce prohibition.