Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
This looks like SO much fun. Ultra polished John Wick simulator. You have one life for the whole mission.

Mike (the guy playing) went the extra mile with a vest that simulates bullet impacts as well as a Quest controller attachment that does actual recoil when firing the gun. These aren't required to play the mod though.

What is it?:
Gunman Contracts Chapter 2.
The second part of a mod for Half-Life Alyx. Essentially a separate game made in the Alyx engine which you launch from the menu in Alyx.

How do you get it?:
You need to own Alyx, a PC that can run Alyx, and a vr headset.

Go to the Alyx page in your Steam Library. All the mods can be added from here. It's literally one click per mod.

Price?:
Like all Alyx mods, it's free. If you only buy one pcvr game, it should be Alyx (unless you don't like fps games) even disregarding the quality of Alyx itself. The mods mean you literally get tons of games and new ones keep getting made. All for free.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

That haptics attachment he's got for the controller looks mighty tempting. Price is harsh though. Costs more than a Quest 2. Still…

ChrisJKnight

Apr 17, 2018
FFS. You need to change this thread's title. The mod's title is "Gunman Contracts", not Chronicles. Gunman Chronicles is the indie FPS built in the Half-Life engine that Valve published and never re-released.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
FFS. You need to change this thread's title. The mod's title is "Gunman Contracts", not Chronicles. Gunman Chronicles is the indie FPS built in the Half-Life engine that Valve published and never re-released.
Wow calm down, it's just a title D:

Really cool mod btw, I hope that Alyx will come on PS5 or PSVR2 will be easily usable on PC.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
I've played it, there's not a whole lot to it but it's definitely an impressive mod, and honestly one of the few interesting mods for HL:A, I look forward to seeing what else the devs can do

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I love these Alyx mods that are in the works or already out. Really hope Alyx continues to provide indies with an entry into VR gaming.
Will bookmark this thread and check this out some time in the future. Sadly no access to my VR headset for the next week or so.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
I am now disappointed
21856-gunman-chronicles-windows-front-cover.jpg

OP
OP
Primal Sage

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017

Shit! Sorry, will get a mod to change it. Don't know where I got the other title from.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
We need to stop using John Wick as a buzzword for guy in suit walks around with a gun shooting people.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017

Lol I literally misread it as Gunman Chronicles even after the apparent change and came here quick-sharp.

LOVED that game.