kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017

The five cars pictured then are likely to be, clockwise from the top-left, the Honda Fit Hybrid 2014, Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro 2003, Toyota Sprinter Trueno 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) 1983, and Renault R8 Gordini 1966, with the Porsche 962C 1988 in the center.

Last edited:

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
The middle looks like a Group C car, not sure which one, the top right is an Audi TT, and the top left is some sort of Honda.

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
D4lwFthUEAEPSeu.jpg:large

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
The middle one doesn't look like the 962C, at least the spoiler isn't the same I remember...

user__

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure the one on the top-right is a TT, shouldn't be more "geometric"?
t31hkAm.jpg

edit: nevermind, it's it definitely.

Last edited:

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
The cars were already leaked, so no reason to speculate.

EDIT:
The five cars pictured then are likely to be, clockwise from the top-left, the Honda Fit Hybrid 2014, Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro 2003, Toyota Sprinter Trueno 3door 1600GT APEX (AE86) 1983, and Renault R8 Gordini 1966, with the Porsche 962C 1988 in the center. However, the March leak listed six cars, and the last — the Gran Turismo X2014 Competition as used at GT Sport's World Tour events — seems to be absent.
https://www.gtplanet.net/gtsport-april-2019-update-confirmed/

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
How big is the game size now? 100gb?
Well considering the back of the box says 60 GB minimum and now it is just a bit over 92 GB, we are nearing that stage.

I feel sorry for anyone that has a 500GB console still. I mean if you wanted to play Battlefield V, GTSport as your regular games you check in with every few weeks, I am not sure you would even have space for a full SP game as well. That's kind of nuts. Kind of reminds me of the 360 at the end of that generation with only a 20GB hdd still... that was a real pain. Great that we get updates and support, dont get me wrong, but definitely feeling claustrophobic on my 2TB HDD upgrade, especially with data capped internet.

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
I really (really) wish they'd add Laguna Seca. The real world track list is pretty bad, while the car selection isn't bad at all. I still feel like it's the weakest Gran Turismo game (yes, I dislike it even more than GT PSP); after coming back to it recently after a long haitus, I've been pleasantly surprised by a lot of the single player content added, even if it doesn't exactly recreate the RPG like progression of older titles.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Trueno's cool. I'm still waiting for 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R, that Fit Hybrid is super confusing and disappointing, but I ain't at the reigns so I guess I'll keep my complaint at that.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Nice. Interested in Audi TT especially.

Hopefully we get an American track, there's only one in the entire game (which is Willow Springs). Where is Laguna Seca?

edit: Add dynamic ToD and Weather too.

Last edited:

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What would that add to the game though? I'd rather have a static ray-traced lighting instead.
That's fine but other games got criticism for the lack of these features and after GT6 it was expected to be a standard feature in future GT games and thus it's missing. It adds a lot to gameplay in my opinion.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
That's fine but other games got criticism for the lack of these features and after GT6 it was expected to be a standard feature in future GT games and thus it's missing. It adds a lot to gameplay in my opinion.

What does it add to gameplay? You barely notice it for the duration of the race.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
What? Wet tracks don't add anything to gameplay? And also not in combination with a varying time of day? Did you ever drive at night when it's raining?

Wasn't talking about weather effects. I meant dynamic TOD. It's not better than prebaked lighting.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't talking about weather effects. I meant dynamic TOD. It's not better than prebaked lighting.
I liked it a lot before, it was there before and it's now missing. You can argue you prefer prebaked lighting but saying it does not affect gameplay when during a race the lighting conditions change is just not true because obviously you race differently when it's dark, you see less. Anyway, you don't seem to care but it seems this forum doesn't care about the update that much or this game in general.

Jan 2, 2018
Sorry if it's a dumb question,but considering the sim nature of GT,is it playable (not just works with,playable) with DS4?

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I liked it a lot before, it was there before and it's now missing. You can argue you prefer prebaked lighting but saying it does not affect gameplay when during a race the lighting conditions change is just not true because obviously you race differently when it's dark, you see less. Anyway, you don't seem to care but it seems this forum doesn't care about the update that much or this game in general.

What do you mean I don't care? I care about the game. I just prefer prebaked lighting and shadows over dynamic ToD.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Rain would be good, but dynamic ToD is a gimmick that only exists as a box ticking exercise.

No one races endurance races enough for it to be worth the effort or worth the sacrifices in other areas.
Dynamic TOD is beautiful and it was in GT6 (or was it GT5). It's not a gimmick, how could imitating real life in a simulator be a gimmick, and there plenty of people who like to endurance race or even just practice on the Nordschleife living the fantasy and experiencing sunrise or sunset slowly happen while enjoying the circuit.

Will be good seeing the feature back but I'm only expecting it on PS5 at this rate (with rain too and some ridiculous visual upgrades to boot).

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Sorry if it's a dumb question,but considering the sim nature of GT,is it playable (not just works with,playable) with DS4?
Polyphony apparently have mastered controller control a long time ago while everyone else seems wholly unable to make it work (looking at you Project Cars and even the F1 games from Codemasters that limits your reaction time on controller, presumably to help people who can't finely control the analogue sticks).

Polyphony has it mastered and the game can be played at a high level on controller if you have decent precision.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Polyphony apparently have mastered controller control a long time ago while everyone else seems wholly unable to make it work (looking at you Project Cars and even the F1 games from Codemasters that limits your reaction time on controller, presumably to help people who can't finely control the analogue sticks).

Polyphony has it mastered and the game can be played at a high level on controller if you have decent precision.

Eh the game can't really be played at a high level on controller. The leaderboards and people who make it to the GT finals are almost completely wheel dominated.

It's the reason I stopped playing the game further.

Funnily enough, while controller may feel good, PD is the one who limits your reaction on controller lol, which is why it's much harder to control oversteer on controller.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Dynamic TOD is beautiful and it was in GT6 (or was it GT5). It's not a gimmick, how could imitating real life in a simulator be a gimmick, and there plenty of people who like to endurance race or even just practice on the Nordschleife living the fantasy and experiencing sunrise or sunset slowly happen while enjoying the circuit.

Will be good seeing the feature back but I'm only expecting it on PS5 at this rate (with rain too and some ridiculous visual upgrades to boot).
Because it isn't imitating if you speed up how fast tod goes. If it's at regular speed you won't see any difference at a 30 minute race. Depending on the tod of course. If you start at just at sun down you'd notice it more but not a lot.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Time of day changes and rain is a must have in any sim racer.

Never expected them to change their lighting solution for GTS so tod was always out of the question. If rain doesn't come out in an update this year though then I give up.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Time of day changes and rain is a must have in any sim racer.

Never expected them to change their lighting solution for GTS so tod was always out of the question. If rain doesn't come out in an update this year though then I give up.
It's only a must have in endurance races. Weather is more important. They have it in a mission challenge but maybe they couldn't get it to run stable with a full grid of cars?

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Because it isn't imitating if you speed up how fast tod goes. If it's at regular speed you won't see any difference at a 30 minute race. Depending on the tod of course. If you start at just at sun down you'd notice it more but not a lot.
They also mimic pit stops in the game where tires wear off faster than in reality as well as fuel reduction. This is a non issue.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Rain would be good, but dynamic ToD is a gimmick that only exists as a box ticking exercise.

No one races endurance races enough for it to be worth the effort or worth the sacrifices in other areas.

I kind of agree - it was hella impressive in DC, but it was really only notable when you sped up the time progression to an unreasonable degree. Still... their lighting engine is so impressive that I can't help but feel that this would be absolutely astounding to see

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
It's only a must have in endurance races. Weather is more important. They have it in a mission challenge but maybe they couldn't get it to run stable with a full grid of cars?

Not just for endurance races. You can choose the time lapse speed and have it go through a full day in a few laps. The sense of immersion is still there and is fantastic. It isn't any different to how GTS and other sims unrealistically speed up tire wear for gameplay reasons.

Plus sims should be simulating tire performance and pressure changes between a hot midday versus a cool night, so in a sim racer the time of day advances makes even more sense to have.