Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
www.gematsu.com

Grim Dawn Definitive Edition coming to Xbox One on December 3

Crate Entertainment will release action RPG Grim Dawn Definitive Edition for Xbox One on December 3, the developer announced. Pre-orders will open on November 22.

I have it on Steam but never was able to map a controller correctly with it.Overall the game is great though and it has a lot of content now.No word in that article about Gamepass or price...currently playing PoE on Series,which is well made for a controller,hopefully this works well also.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting YEARS for this. Wow, wow, wow. Did not expect to see this and so soon. I 100% assumed it got canceled. Very excited.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I don't want this to sound like port begging, as I have a launch Xbox One to play on, but is this just coming to Xbox? Or is a Ps5 option on the cards later down the line?

Either way, will definitely be picking it up. Always heard good things. Unfortunately, shortly after getting the PC version my laptop fried, so a console version is quite convenient for me.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I know nothing about this game. Under what circumstances should I be excited? XD

Also, is this a game getting.. enhanced? remastered? Or something else?

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is pretty great but I gotta say- the controller mapping on PC is kinda bad. Especially after playing D3 on console or even D2R with a controller, which surprisingly works incredibly well.

I hope the console version has better mapping and I hope if it does they bring that better mapping to the PC version. PC version has this feeling of using like xinput or some third party program to emulate keyboard controls on a controller rather than proper controller support. I do not like it, as someone who otherwise enjoys playing these games with a controller because they are the perfect sit-back-and-veg-out type games.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I know nothing about this game. Under what circumstances should I be excited? XD

Hopefully it's getting proper controller support, which would already be an improvement over the existing PC version. Other than that, I assume it's just the novelty of being on console and the inclusion of the DLCs.

If you're a fan of ARPGs, especially if you enjoyed Titan Quest, there's a lot to like here. It gets pretty hard on the highest difficulty though, even with a decent build. That being said, that's only an issue if you're one of those people who feels the need to level cap their characters.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
www.gematsu.com

Grim Dawn Definitive Edition coming to Xbox One on December 3

Crate Entertainment will release action RPG Grim Dawn Definitive Edition for Xbox One on December 3, the developer announced. Pre-orders will open on November 22.

I have it on Steam but never was able to map a controller correctly with it.Overall the game is great though and it has a lot of content now.No word in that article about Gamepass or price...currently playing PoE on Series,which is well made for a controller,hopefully this works well also.
FYI not sure how long ago you played it but when I played it earlier this year, it had proper gamepad support in-game.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom

If you like the Diablo games, this is considered one of, if not the best alternative out there. Which is pretty timely for anyone on console who wanted to play DII, but are avoiding Activision/Blizzard titles.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I really didn't like the starting experience when I tried it a few years ago, though a big part of that was me not liking the post-apocalyptic atmosphere which seems to be swapped for the DLCs. Hopefully there's a repackage/enhancement on PC as well as I might give it another go as I've really been eager for more proper isometic loot games.

RAWRferal

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
WUT. I am IN.

People who love Diablo but preferred 2 to 3, this is the game for you (although you probably already know that 😂).

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
So awesome. I loved Titan Quest and thought it was the best ARPG of its day by far, but by the time Grim Dawn came out I was mostly not playing many PC games anymore.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I played 40 hours streamed to my shield tv earlier this year and it was great with a controller. I don't remember remapping anything.

this game is excellent btw.

Were you playing on a TV? If so, how was the UI? One of the things that concerned me was all of the screenshots on the Xbox product page seem to have the PC UI. That could definitely be difficult to parse on a TV.

Really excited for this to come to console so hoping that it translates well!

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Went to pre-order, but saw that it's damn near full price (at least in Canada). Should have been a $29-39 title, I'll wait for a sale

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
Probably them figuring out controller support is what took them this long to port to consoles.

Apparently the certification process with Microsoft was long. From what the devs shared, this was ready to go quite a while ago but small issues with the Series S|X versions that they were unable to replicate held up the process for many, many months.

I am curious if the Series versions will have any enhancements (higher resolution, for instance)? This game is a looker and would love to be able to play with settings more like what's available on PC. Sadly the project page just says "plays on Series X|S" without any more info.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Back when it came out, I thought it was better than PoE, but that was years ago and PoE has been steadily getting upgrades for years since then so it's not even close these days (although Grim Dawn does a few things better). Really wish they'd make a Grim Dawn 2 or a spiritual successor.

xeroborn55

Oct 27, 2017
Were you playing on a TV? If so, how was the UI? One of the things that concerned me was all of the screenshots on the Xbox product page seem to have the PC UI. That could definitely be difficult to parse on a TV.

Really excited for this to come to console so hoping that it translates well!
I guess it took a bit of time to learn how to navigate stuff but iirc it has a snap to clickable item function on the dpad that helps a lot for awkward pc style menus. I did play on my tv and I'm not super close to it. I get annoyed by small issues when using game streaming so the fact that I played 40 hours means nothing major was bugging me.

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
Finally! I have been waiting for years for this. I had given up hope actually. It's a bit pricey but has tons of content. Would like to see some footage and hear a bit more about it but I am in Day 1 unless it's some sort of unmitigated disaster.

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
this is cool but weird news. crate can't stop updating this game, even after moving to a new title and stating "this is the final and major update."

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
Is it weird that there has been no Xbox footage has been released and the game releases on Friday? I am so anxious to play this but it's making me a little leery that we have not seen anything.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Is it weird that there has been no Xbox footage has been released and the game releases on Friday? I am so anxious to play this but it's making me a little leery that we have not seen anything.

i can't imagine an xbox port having any problems whatsoever, not in 2021. not sure i'd even worry about a switch port

but you never know

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
All the footage on the Xbox store looks like it has a PC UI. That's the only issue that makes me nervous.

Why couldn't this come earlier! I legitimately would have bought this full price, but releasing at the same time as endwalker is a huge bummer. Having a non Activision alternative for this genre would have been great.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
this game been on my steam wishlist forever. Might pull the trigger on the xbox

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Playing the community league (grimleague.com) and the game still holds up great.

Monster Infrequent items are some of the coolest chase gear in any ARPG.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
All the footage on the Xbox store looks like it has a PC UI. That's the only issue that makes me nervous.

I think Xbox is getting the same UI, from what I understand (although I could be wrong). It really is pretty much just the PC version, which definitely also makes me nervous about how it controls and how legible everything is.

The devs have also said that they were unable to secure a Series dev kit, so there are no Series enhancements at all (although they wouldn't discount them coming at some undetermined time in the future via patch, dependent on if they ever get a dev kit). This means 1080p/30 fps as well, even on the Series consoles.

I've been excited for this game to come to console for some time, but all of this has made me reluctant to drop $55 until there are some first-hand impressions available.

Jabroni Chief

Oct 28, 2017
Fresno CA
Apparently the certification process with Microsoft was long. From what the devs shared, this was ready to go quite a while ago but small issues with the Series S|X versions that they were unable to replicate held up the process for many, many months.

I am curious if the Series versions will have any enhancements (higher resolution, for instance)? This game is a looker and would love to be able to play with settings more like what's available on PC. Sadly the project page just says "plays on Series X|S" without any more info.

Based on what Crate stated on Reddit, they did not optimize the game for the Series consoles as they haven't been able to procure a Series Devkit from MS. The game will be running at 1080p@30 FPS on Xbox One at launch. I'm hoping they can at least open it up so that the frame rate is unlocked and let the Series S/X do its good stuff...

Not so stealth edit: The framerate will be running uncapped so Series Consoles should do their appropriate magic.

Last edited:

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Grim Dawn is pretty fun but the price is pretty steep for brazil. Guess ill be on pc for a while

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
i've played extensively on pc with a controller, it works great

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Based on what Crate stated on Reddit, they did not optimize the game for the Series consoles as they haven't been able to procure a Series Devkit from MS. The game will be running at 1080p@30 FPS at launch. I'm hoping they can at least open it up so that the frame rate is unlocked and let the Series S/X do its good stuff...
Very disappointing to hear i guess i will pick it up when its deep discount or when they can patch it.