• Goro

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Betty

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

So I watched Persona 5 anime and have read enough about Riverdale to hear that these two are meant to be great teen detectives investigating the crimes going around in their respective cities. Furthermore, they both have dark sides to them to reveal their true murderous impulses

latest

ead0547d-70cc-4407-8f75-e95f1b2b8d7b-fa3d4af7-554e-49cd-ae77-a7509551fa88-dark-betty-cooper-riverdale.png

So who does their role better and why?

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Isn't Akechi barely a detective since he just created the crimes he solved?

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
Honestly, I don't know Riverdale, so I'm not gonna vote.
But I hated Akechi (at least in the original game, have not yet played Royal) so i assume she wins by default.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only one of them is voiced by robbie daymond I'm afraid, and that's a performance that you can't really beat

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't care for what I watched of Riverdale and gd love Akechi so best worst boy gets my vote by default. :}}

Dec 21, 2017
Betty was able to disable a bomb in front of a bunch of FBI Agents

Also, Dark Betty

I don't see how Goro can win this

Uzuki

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Can you really call Akechi a detective when most of, if not ALL of, his crimes were just murders he committed and blamed on someone else? With Royal we see how much of a psycho path he really is and he enjoys the shit out of killing more then upholding his fuckboy image.

QuadOpto

Nov 7, 2017
As an avid player of P5 and a semi-avid watcher of Riverdale, I have to reluctantly give the vote to Betty, if only due to the fact that (as it's been previously mentioned) fuccboi Akechi is not in actuality a Detective Prince, but more like the exact opposite (like, an Ace Defective or something), in that virtually all the crimes he "solved" were in effect caused by him. The one ounce of sleuthing he does effectively do on his own is so inherently obvious (the identities of the Phantom Thieves) that anyone w/ half a brain (including a Student Council President & a NEET) could figure it out within a week. He also instantly gave away that he knew by responding to a cat.

Betty on the other hand, is not actually a Detective but is an amateur journalist for her school newspaper, which arguably has given her more experience in information gathering than Pancakechi, effectively making her the only logical choice.

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
Third semester Akechi is one of the most badass characters ever. I thought he was underdeveloped in the vanilla game and the royal arc really elevated him as a character.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched Riverdale at all, so I pretty much have to give it to Akechi myself by default.

Third semester Akechi is one of the most badass characters ever. I thought he was underdeveloped in the vanilla game and the royal arc really elevated him as a character.
This is more or less how I feel about Akechi, actually.

Couldn't stand him at all in vanilla Persona 5, and pretty much outright despised the conclusion of his arc in particular.

But in the extra content in Persona 5 Royal, I dunno.... I just love how edgy and extra and completely over the top he is. He is 100% extra and crazy and psychotic, and I just love the edgy little boy, despite absolutely despising him in Vanilla.

That might make absolutely no sense at all, it probably doesn't, but it Sims up my feelings of the character either way.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Unhinged Akechi is like the most entertaining character in P5, especially Royal, so definitely him.

Technically he isn't a detective but he is smart, definitely one of these, "you'd make a great hero if you weren't an unhinge psychopath", tropes

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
If I hadn't played Royal I would have voted Betty out of spite despite Riverdale writing being just as bad as the writing for Akechi in the vanilla Persona 5

But after seeing all the new Akechi content in Royal, I unironically choose him

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm finishing Royal, which marks my second time total playing Persona 5, and holy fuck do I hate the Akechi character archetype.

And Mishima's. And Futaba's (but this at least semi tongue in cheek). And Ryuuji's.

I'm an old man and a lot of this isn't for me anymore.

This rant is barely related to the topic so I vote Riverdale.