SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
I just need the preorder link. Finally ready to move on from my Pixel 2XL.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally the phone to the case i bought weeks ago 😂 Pro Gold will be mine!

Last edited:

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
Yes.
android-developers.googleblog.com

Android 12 is live in AOSP!

News and insights on the Android platform, developer tools, and events.

Today we're pushing the source to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and officially releasing the latest version of Android. Keep an eye out for Android 12 coming to a device near you starting with Pixel in the next few weeks and Samsung Galaxy, OnePlus, Oppo, Realme, Tecno, Vivo, and Xiaomi devices later this year.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Man, I love everything I've seen about the Pixel 6 except the size and the lack of a fingerprint reader on the back. Not sure what I'm going to do.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I love everything I've seen about the Pixel 6 except the size and the lack of a fingerprint reader on the back. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Not having the fingerprint reader on the back will suck, but I can live without it. I definitely not loving the size either. I will be upgrading from a Pixel 5 and I think that is the perfect size for me.

Hopefully the rumors are true and they are unveiling a Pixel foldable as well.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Not having the fingerprint reader on the back will suck, but I can live without it. I definitely not loving the size either. I will be upgrading from a Pixel 5 and I think that is the perfect size for me.
I've been using my company phone a lot more, S20 FE, since ATT forced some free shit phone on me after dropping OP 5T support on my personal line and it's a major downgrade having the in-screen fingerprint scanner. So much slower and less convenient. Especially since you completely loose out on stuff like being able to slide down to open up the notifications bar. But I can live without it. I need a new phone for my personal number and the Pixel 6 looks to be it. Definitely big too, but the rest of it is looking pretty awesome.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using my company phone a lot more, S20 FE, since ATT forced some free shit phone on me after dropping OP 5T support on my personal line and it's a major downgrade having the in-screen fingerprint scanner. So much slower and less convenient. Especially since you completely loose out on stuff like being able to slide down to open up the notifications bar. But I can live without it. I need a new phone for my personal number and the Pixel 6 looks to be it. Definitely big too, but the rest of it is looking pretty awesome.

I want to go for the Pro version since it has the extra camera, but it is too big for my liking.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017

Fingerprint reader on the back was the best feature anyone ever came up with for a phone, and it blows my mind how quickly the idea disappeared once the inferior under-the-screen reader become possible.

Khaines

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn I've been waiting so long for a decent phone.

I'm still using a NEXUS 6P and the amount of repairs I've had done to it have basically ruined the internal display hardware. My screen is a constant starfield and I have to plug this shit into my PC to view. No screen cracks, so swiping still works but its essentially a landline near my pc and an alarm clock that I blindly swipe at by this point. Repair shops tried to swap the screens but it just wont display anything. I've been holding out for so long and I was trying desperately to wait for another Google flagship to compete with the latest iphones.

DarkSora

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 28, 2017
My Pixel 3 is soooooo slow and heating up so much quicker these days so I'm ready to upgrade!!

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
cool! While I don't have any major issues with my pixel 4 xl, the face unlock got super tiring. I want my fingerprint sensor back from pixel 2 xl. It basically forced me back to pins because of covid. Also the battery life is trash from day one on it. But looking at the leaked specs it seems that Google addressed all those issues with the massive battery and on screen fingerprint sensors. The new camera are a great bonus.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Really weird on how late it is. It's usually shown off late Sept/early Oct. I really do want one though.

The fact that the screen curve is minimal and that there is an actual front facing speaker at the top, makes me really want one and glad I waited with my Pixel 3.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like the Google phones. I use a lot of phones but there's nothing I've quite liked the same way I like the Google UX. It has always felt a bit niche techie and a bit playful in a unique way nobody else quite touches. Looking forward to seeing what this one can do.

DarkSora

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 28, 2017
Really weird on how late it is. It's usually shown off late Sept/early Oct. I really do want one though.

The fact that the screen curve is minimal and that there is an actual front facing speaker at the top, makes me really want one and glad I waited with my Pixel 3.
Really surprised as well. I was hoping to have it already by now.

KevdotL

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited to see what Google will bring. Looks like google is going away with a small-sized phone this year, Pixel 6 starting at 6.4" according to all the leaks.

dmshaposv

Oct 27, 2017
Why'd the screw up the perfect size of the pixel 5 for these gargantuan sizes.

Ever since I went from iphone x to pixel 5 - I've been so happy to have an avg as fuck phone that can be tossed around, has amazing battery life and that back fingerprinter reader is a godsend in this wear a mask most of the time world.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Interesting strategy with the marketing/timing of this one, but it seems to be gaining a lot of attention so it's working.

I'm happy with my Pixel 5 and will be sticking with it for the foreseeable, but I sincerely hope they've managed to give the Pixel 6 the same amazing battery life. I've realised this is now my most important consideration for a phone, and I really want this to be a trend going forward with Google's phones. Guess we'll wait and see.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
How impossible will this be to find in Canada?

I've got a Note 9 that's 3 years old. Still performs okaaaaay, but I'm itching for something new. Been real jealous of my BF's Pixel 3 the past 3 years, esp. that camera. Whew.

I'm willing to buy outright or go on contract again if that's what it takes. Doesn't bug me.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Just give me A12 already.
My Pixel4 hungers.

Pixel 6......eh I'll see you next year, on sale.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Euro price leak from Saturn (one of the biggest German retailers).
Bose Headphones for free if you preorder between October 19th - 27th. 649€ is a freaking amazing price, tax is included and with an even more amazing deal o_O

UKSVf7D.jpg

Last edited:

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Chances of a Google watch here? They have to be taking advantage of that Fitbit purchase lol.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One Point on the picture is "face recognition" and i won't why it's there. Is the selfie cam more than "just" a cam?
I'll preorder there at 7:01 pm if other stores or Google don't offer the same deal 😲

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Battery times don't seem big enough of a deal to write home about, which kinda sucks with the sizes of both batteries. Anyway, already as good as ordered.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Shame that the Pixel 6 design looks like a step down from the Pixel 5. Pixel 5 design with the uniform bezels was pretty good.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Battery times don't seem big enough of a deal to write home about, which kinda sucks with the sizes of both batteries. Anyway, already as good as ordered.
where is that information listed? The pixel 4xl battery is utter trash from day one. Like even improving on that would be good enough for me.