Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Branded-Key-Art-_-1920x1080-1-8f3a9455f4e4a6254126.jpg

Release Date: Jan. 27th, 2022
Platforms: Xbox One, Xbox Series, & Switch
Price: Only available through Gamepass, A digital copy of Rare Replay or Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack

Since its original release in 1997, GoldenEye 007 has remained a beloved classic in the hearts and minds of millions of fans worldwide. Now a new generation of players can experience the genre-defining stealth shooter gameplay for themselves, faithfully preserving the action and excitement of the original while adding new features for the modern age of gaming.

Feel free to share Nintendo Friend Codes in this thread if you're looking for MP matches on Switch!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwoE9sXGd_U

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49nmTSeARIs

Version Differences

*This is the original release on both platforms, not the leaked remaster.
Xbox - 4K, Achievements
Nintendo - Online Play

Cheat Codes & Glitches

GoldenEye 007 Cheats, Codes, and Secrets for Nintendo 64 - GameFAQs

For GoldenEye 007 on the Nintendo 64, GameFAQs has 79 cheat codes and secrets.

Screenshots

ec1.jpg

Last edited:

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very pleased there's a way to 'buy' the game outside of subscription services.

I wonder if this will end up bumping up the Perfect Dark remaster's online population for a couple days as folk look for an alternative to play Facility online?

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
OK so were me and my family the only ones who did not know that the strange noise you hear at irregular intervals during multiplayer is the ammo boxes respawning? It drove us crazy for ages and we thought it was unseen bats flapping their wings or something.

You can hear it in the video below at e.g. 1:11 and 1:52 but generally throughout (also that music track was so dull to play to that we used to restart if it came up LOL).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqW8KdnQ-gk

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Strange omission, but I believe so. Could be a Nintendo thing? Which would be strange because the pop would probably be larger on Xbox. 🤷‍♂️
If I had to guess I'd guess that the agreement Nintendo and MS came to was basically "You can throw Goldeneye into your Rare Replay emulator and we'll throw it into the NSO one and that's that" so the NSO one gets online play because all NSO games have it, the Rare Replay one doesn't because those don't 🤷‍♀️

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, no online play on XBox?

Both Switch and Xbox are basically untouched (outside of resolution/achievements). NSO supports that weird 'you're playing split screen like normal but we can screen share it with friends so they can also play split screen with you, but online' feature so it has online through that. It's not proper matchmaking or full screen multiplayer or anything. Works the same as Mario Kart 64, Mario Bros NES etc does.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Amusingly, one of the achievements is to play as Oddjob.

www.trueachievements.com

GoldenEye 007 Achievements

Full list of all 55 GoldenEye 007 achievements worth 1,000 gamerscore. It takes around 15-20 hours to unlock all of the achievements on Xbox One.

Fulcrum

Nov 7, 2022
For some reason I had it in my head that the Xbox version was to be some kind of remaster...but it's the same game?

Omega.X

Oct 28, 2017
So is this literally just the n64 rom? Or have any changes been made for the Xbox version?

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| Slappers Only Live Twice

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
For some reason I had it in my head that the Xbox version was to be some kind of remaster...but it's the same game?

So is this literally just the n64 rom? Or have any changes been made for the Xbox version?

The Xbox version is just the original game but 4K and with regular controller support (So you can play it like a regular FPS from the start). No remastered visuals or anything like the leaked remaster.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
FOR ME!!!!

Cannot believe it is finally here. I remember getting Perfect Dark HD back in 2010 and thinking when they would finally release GoldenEye HD, which I think was first teased in 2007? And even though this isn't the remastered version, I'll take it. I just want to be able to play this game at anytime, it's one of my fave single player campaigns and of course the nostalgia is off the charts.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Both Switch and Xbox are basically untouched (outside of resolution/achievements). NSO supports that weird 'you're playing split screen like normal but we can screen share it with friends so they can also play split screen with you, but online' feature so it has online through that. It's not proper matchmaking or full screen multiplayer or anything. Works the same as Mario Kart 64, Mario Bros NES etc does.

Is Xbox the only platform that doesn't have some form of this? I think PS has sharescreen or shareplay or whatever, and steam has remote share too now. With them arguably bringing online to the massmarket console space it'd be something cool for them to add - not just for Goldeneye but any game

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination

Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| Slappers Only Live Twice

I mean......

Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| Dr. Slap
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| From Russia With Slaps
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| Goldslapper
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| Thunderslap
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| You Only Slap Twice
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| On Her Slapper's Secret Service
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| Slappers Are Forever
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| Live and Let Slap
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| The Man With The Golden Slap
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| The Spy Who Slapped Me
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| Moonslapper
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| For Your Slaps Only
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| Octoslapper
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| A Slap to a Kill
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| The Slapping Daylights
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| Licence To Slap
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| GoldenSlap
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| Slappers Never Die
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| The Slap Is Not Enough
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| Slap Another Day
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| Slap Royale
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| Quantum of Slap
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| Slapfall
Goldeneye (Xbox & Switch) |OT| No Time To Slap

...are all right there lol

Last edited:

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Have they said anything about mouse and keyboard on PC? I gotta use my Doom Eternal nightmare skills on this

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope it controls well on N64. I intended to get this one on Xbox but apparently I have to rebuy a game I already own to access it. Pretty dumb but I'm sure their hands are tied on this. Maybe Nintendo will surprise me and it will control well on the N64 app.