• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
He's absolutely correct about DMC and Bayonetta. I can't comment on God of War just yet.
God luck mashing your way through Father Rodin fight, It's literally impossible.

No matter how good the combat in GoW is, it has zero chance of having Bayo and DMC combat depth and variety.

Anyways, I wish he didn't compare it to them. Different type of games with different goals in mind.

ara

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, sure thing pal. Sony are just going around telling people they have to make games 30fps. Definitely wasn't Santa Monica that made the game they wanted to make.

Fuck me, he's such an insufferable bellend.

Also I thought you could get near 60fps performance on a Pro with the performance mode?

L_sK

Oct 27, 2017
Hi guys !
Our conlusion in english wasn't ready this morning, it is now & on opencritics :

JeuxVideo-Live : 20/20 (full review in french, sorry !)

We had to wait 5 years to get a new episode of the God of War franchise, but it was worth it. After getting lost with its previous episode, the serie returns to the top, which it has already known in the past. Managing the father-son relationship works great and Atreus is more than just an awkward NPC. All the elements of the puzzle fit perfectly and naturally to offer a memorable adventure that proves that risk taking can pay off. Even if he loses some of his excessiveness, Kratos has never been so indisputable in your library. It is impossible to miss this God of War if you own a PlayStation 4, the game takes a clear lead over the competition for the title of the GOTY 2018.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Cultivation of creative environment. Cory is a good game director with a keen eye for gameplay, this was know since God of War II. But I think he would admit it himself that Santa Monica is one of the very few studios who would be willing to take on his crazy ideas. That of course comes from the producers over at publisher side, who let them experiment. They don't always succeed mind you. The Order, SSM's own cancelled game are example of rather expansive failures. But boy when everything clicks, you get a gem.
True. It's not everyday you read about how the developers had a hard time pitching a sequel to the publisher, because they really wanted something new instead.

You really have to give Sony credit when it comes to the way they handle their first parties.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
08-resized_copy.jpg

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, you have been warned in the thread before. Specifically about talking about the guys health.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Calling the old God of War games "old-fashioned" action games makes me upset in a way that I didn't think was possible. Thanks a lot for ruining my breakfast, GameSpot.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I asked this earlier but got no response. Other than Easy Allies and SkillUp what are some good video reviews? :D

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Joking. Trolling. Goofing around. Trolling is literally joking. I have no desire to justify others' ridiculous reactions, and it's a hell of a weird leap to make on your part. And, like with many other things in life, I also think you can end up trolling people without exactly meaning to do so. So come on mate, heed the words of the dog man and maybe drop it, like you said you would. Just.. Drop it. I know you can do it. This never was a very serious discussion.
jeez, do you just not like being wrong or sommit?
Aaah so now joking in general is trolling and posting any copypasta ever is as well because some people might not have heard of it. Nice new definitions we got here.
Why would I drop it if you just repeat the same nonsense over and over again? You're the ones that try to attach an intention to that users post without any reason whatsoever.
Again: The reactions of other posters don't define the intention of the original post.
And no, that's not a reach. I've seen far more ridiculous things on this forum and the other one.
Also dog person's post was really lame and hilarious considering he was the one suddenly dropping his "every copypasta is trolling" non-argument.

Before you answer again maybe consider that I'm arguing in favour of someone who's intention appears to not wanting to troll, as he/she stated that 2 times now.
You guys on the other hand are hellbent on insisting that person is lying.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Remember when Cory Barlog blessed us with his presence in the Preview Thread? Man, that seems like so long ago.

Why can't we go back.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
So uh are there any particularly good and informative videos/reviews to look at? I wasn't hugely interested in this game before and the only thing I saw that really appealed to me were some of the genuinely great monster/enemy designs

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
How spoilery are the Easy Allies and SkillUp reviews?

Havent watched the E3 story trailer.

Would I be ok with just listening to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.