• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
You said he should show some respect to the game he plays and im saying the opposite. Just to clear things

Nah, it was the guy you quoted first who said that. I agree with you on the part that people shouldn't ass kiss just because they're given a review copy.

I just interpreted the first person saying AJ should show respect to give a proper review. Like he was given a review copy but was not respectful enough to give a proper review video like Yakuza 0. Horizon didn't get a video at all. It doesn't matter if he gave it a 0/10 but he should at least review it. I think that's why he wasn't given a review copy for GoW despite asking for it this time.

GreyFox

Oct 28, 2017
Well it certainly helps that it's a simple yet effective and very good looking piece of graphic design. Nice choice of colours and background, and the composition just works.
if they give you a free code , let us know :) you deserve it

Well, ERA could help me out by make them noticing me somehow or by simply supporting my posts and tweets. I'm not forcing you to do anything, of course. Just crossing my fingers a little bit. :)

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Nah, it was the guy you quoted first who said that. I agree with you on the part that people shouldn't ass kiss just because they're given a review copy.

I just interpreted the first person saying AJ should show respect to give a proper review. Like he was given a review copy but was not respectful enough to give a proper review video like Yakuza 0. Horizon didn't get a video at all. It doesn't matter if he gave it a 0/10 but he should at least review it. I think that's why he wasn't given a review copy for GoW despite asking for it this time.
My bad mate I got stuff mixed. Yeah, I'm against this whole bullshit that someone should respect the game he plays just because he received a review copy. No this isn't the reviewers real job which delivering the truth. I hate Angry Joe because he just shouts and his presentation is shit. Never liked him, never will.

Ludens

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Yakuza 0 he did a proper review. And he really liked it.
MQ6BpA.gif
Lol my bad. I stand corrected :-D

z1yin9c

Nov 8, 2017
What do you mean by respect? I think AJ is very respectful and honest. That's what I like about him.
I thought I was pretty clear. During streaming Horizon after first time, he was basically waiting for going to see Logan.... and preparing playing BOTW, and seeing some trailers..... Yeah, every review he gives is pretty respectful to the reviewing process. If he streams a game, just think about this game, prasie it or criticize it whatever, just do things related to the game.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of that awards image GreyFox this came up on my feed and I just noticed your image in it lol.

Good video worth a watch btw.

Last edited:

GreyFox

Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of that awards image GreyFox this came up on my feed and I just noticed your image in it lol.

Damn, I realize that I really shoud have add a gigantic watermark on it, so the internet couldn't use it so anonymously. Nevermind, as long as it's used for hype purposes. :D

The "GAME" stores on twitter use the pic as well to support their pre-order marketing.

An older version also made it top on 9gag:
https://9gag.com/gag/a47oNX6

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, I realize that I really shoud have add a gigantic watermark on it, so the internet couldn't use it so anonymously. Nevermind, as long as it's used for hype purposes. :D

The "GAME" stores on twitter use the pic as well to support their pre-order marketing.

No need for a watermark dude. These things are par for the course for gaming, especially stuff originating out of forums. We do it for the hobby and the games we love or are excited for.

z1yin9c

Nov 8, 2017
That's what I understood from "He should show respect to the game he plays" if I understood wrong, enlighten me please.
Respect I mean really playing the game......

I thought I was pretty clear. During streaming Horizon after first time, he was basically waiting for going to see Logan.... and preparing playing BOTW, and seeing some trailers..... Yeah, every review he gives is pretty respectful to the reviewing process. If he streams a game, just think about this game, prasie it or criticize it whatever, just do things related to the game.

GreyFox

Oct 28, 2017
No need for a watermark dude. These things are par for the course for gaming, especially stuff originating out of forums. We do it for the hobby and the games we love or are excited for.
Just joking. :)

'tis the artist's life. Your image gonna get ripped left and right fox.
True. And as I already said, it's fine the way it is. Never thought it would go "viral" in the first place.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

It's a live stream. He can do whatever he wants. Talking about a movie or another game while streaming is fine.

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder in Neil Druckmann has played his copy of the game yet?

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
if the image had been watermarked it probably wouldn't have spread like it did (watermarks generally make things ugly). but you did a great job and deserve credit GreyFox at least here at Era we know where it originated. It would be cool if the SSM folks could see it but I doubt as i'm assuming their mentions are being flooded especially with such a critical success and so close to launch

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

An older version also made it top on 9gag:
https://9gag.com/gag/a47oNX6

It's okay dude. At least it's being used in a very positive way. Isn't that why you made it in the first place?

I wonder in Neil Druckmann has played his copy of the game yet?

He hasn't tweeted since he got the copy lol.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Uh, so AJ never reviewed HZD even though he was given a review copy? I can see why he was snubbed.

This and AJ as of late is too busy being a movie reviewer and board game creator so I'm not really surprised if he got snubbed, it's good that he isn't pissed-off by this, because that would've been silly on his part.

z1yin9c

Nov 8, 2017
It's a live stream. He can do whatever he wants. Talking about a movie or another game while streaming is fine.

Yeah, I totally understand the situation about his plan and timing. But I don't think it is a good thing for him as a pretty serious reviewer. I am talking too much about non god of war.

Like god of war, a game that is a behemoth at a time no other big game. He is not gonna not pay attention to the game, even being guffy is going to be related to the game... I just like Horizon too much.....

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
Another perfect score:

The more I played GoW, the more I began to think about my next play through. I'm not sure I have ever played a game that caused me to think this way so early (literally with four or five hours) in its span. It wasn't because I was like "oh I should have went to this place instead of that, or upgraded this item instead of that one," no, it was instead me thinking about how well designed and fun the game was.

I couldn't help but think of how Santa Monica took the best of GoW as a franchise and melded it beautifully with the most distinguishable designs of other modern games to create something with an immensely potent synergy. I remember thinking similarly with The Last of Us, but, a few years removed from that and GoW being more to my liking anyway, and I have to say that GoW trumps even what Naughty Dog managed with The Last of Us. To be honest, it's (clearly) hard to not gush about GoW. Because of that, it makes writing an interesting review hard because I can't come up with anything to offer as a negative worth even mentioning. As a fan of the series from the start, it's amazing to see the evolution between the Kratos and God of War games I know and love to what Santa Monica Studios have achieved now. Go get it.

http://digitalchumps.com/god-of-war/

They're listed on MC.

Oct 27, 2017
It's so crazy to see the big guys like McCreary and team members of SSM using my pic.

Surely I did my job to support their marketing and hype, eh.

After this worked so well for The Last of Us I'm surprised Sony don't do this kind of image as standard for their highly-acclaimed games. I mean, since then we've had Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Shadow of the Colossus and now God of War all getting >90% (possibly others I've missed), as well as Horizon just missing 90 by a hair's breadth. You've even got awesome games like Wipeout Omega or Until Dawn which you could probably pull a couple of dozen high scores and quotes to put on this kind of poster. It's kind of baffling why they don't display this more.

I really like him.
But He should show some respect to the game he is playing, any game. If he is thinking about other games or review movies, just don't stream this game, do something else... All the games he dislikes in reviews, I believe he respected the process. Horizon just didn't get that.....

He should pay respects by giving the game a fair go in reviews, sure. But if he's only streaming then he should just stick to whatever his style is. I personally don't like his streams as I don't think he's very competent at playing and I find it pretty frustrating.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I know Joe isn't popular here but it was his review that made me buy Yakuza 0. After that I played Y1K, Y3, 4 and 5. Without him I wouldn't have made the dive to the series because I always thought it wasn't for me.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
You guys are so biased, purposefully leaving out the score from a major reviewer just so it wouldn't spoil your 10/10 party. Here I fixed it for you.

5b11R7S.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.