• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You think I have problem with people's opinions as opposed to the way you went about the argument?

PlGaoLa.jpg

The combat having devolved is not "up for debate."

Yeah, opinions are cool. Maybe next time you'll entertain the debate that it might not have devolved simply based on an initial reveal.
based on...what exactly? Other people in that thread that literally only had the exact same reveal to go on? Are they some magical clairvoyants? People can' have opinions on the reveals of your sacred games unless they are positive? Every reaction that isn't "OMG GOTY" should be silenced?

I mean at least i'm not the kinda of dude that has folder filled with oversized screenshots from arguments from years ago in hopes of one day calling them out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah like "Should be experienced by every human on earth", I mean I understand it is probably good but really....?

To be fair, the combat looked nuts. It seems like with these Sony exclusives, they are wrapped around "cinematic" experiences, which results in people not applying any sort of creativity in terms of their playthrough.

Uncharted 4 and TLoU are the most dynamic TPS's I've ever played. For example, when you melee enemies, the animations change up and different things can happen depending on where you are in the environment. It's all contextual. But then you will see people who will play the game on let's say "normal" and play the game like it's Gear's of War where they treat it as a cover shooter and then complain that the gameplay is nothing special and "run of the mill".

GoW is probably the first major Sony exclusive that really allows you to apply multiple play styles that is entirely based on what you put stats into and would armor builds you use, but isn't ridiculously difficult. To be fair, it's easier to force people play around this because it's an action RPG. They've just nailed the execution and it shows in the gameplay footage we've seen in the preview, which doesn't even cover all of the runic abilities and weapon upgrades.

To tie this all back - GTA IV looked crazy for all the stuff you could do in the game, but the actual gun play and mobility were not brought up as a strong points (I recall there were more complaints). In GoW the combat IS the main highlight, it's appropriately accessible to, but can be as hard as you want it.

Ghostbound

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I wasn't initially interested in this when it was first shown off, but after reading some of these reviews I'm willing to give it a shot.

Does anyone know if the hardest difficulty is unlocked from the start?

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Review threads always bring the insanity. Why even try to expose em like that at this point lmao.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had this in my bookmarks, and it is kind of a petty post, but I'll post it since maybe people shouldn't jump to conclusions in the future:

jQJXwPt.jpg
This is petty. This is a videogame forum and people speculate things based on little information. Nothing wrong with that. What do you expect people to do? Sitting here all day quiet waiting for the reviews to drop?

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tbh the gow combat didn't look particularly interesting until that one 15 minute gameplay video dropped. then it looked amazing.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, the combat looked nuts. It seems like with these Sony exclusives, they are wrapped around "cinematic" experiences, which results in people not applying any sort of creativity in terms of their playthrough.

Uncharted 4 and TLoU are the most dynamic TPS's I've ever played. For example, when you melee enemies, the animations change up and different things can happen depending on where you are in the environment. It's all contextual. But then you will see people who will play the game on let's say "normal" and play the game like it's Gear's of War where they treat it as a cover shooter and then complain that the gameplay is nothing special and "run of the mill".

GoW is probably the first major Sony exclusive that really allows you to apply multiple play styles that is entirely based on what you put stats into and would armor builds you use, but isn't ridiculously difficult. To be fair, it's easier to force people play around this because it's an action RPG. They've just nailed the execution and it shows in the gameplay footage we've seen in the preview, which doesn't even cover all of the runic abilities and weapon upgrades.

To tie this all back - GTA IV looked crazy for all the stuff you could do in the game, but the actual gun play and mobility were not brought up as a strong points (I recall there were more complaints). In GoW the combat IS the main highlight, it's appropriately accessible to, but can be as hard as you want it.
IGN's podcast said it well.
"This is an evolution of Kratos, it's a fantastic way to tell the story. It's also a videogamey-ass videogame"
"It's a fantastic celebration of this medium, and it's proof that this is the medium for this story..."

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I saw some saying before that Triple H looks like Kratos, he kinda does, lol.

Saw some pics on Twitter recently.

He got that God of Beard

DaiNX84V4AAGZv8.jpg:large

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
based on...what exactly? Other people in that thread that literally only had the exact same reveal to go on? Are they some magical clairvoyants? People can' have opinions on the reveals of your sacred games unless they are positive? Every reaction that isn't "OMG GOTY" should be silenced?

I mean at least i'm not the kinda of dude that has folder filled with oversized screenshots from arguments from years ago in hopes of one day calling them out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This response is great. You can taste the salt with comments like "sacred game" and "at least I'm not..."

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Never forget people, Bernardo was also convinced Metal Gear Survive would be much better then Phantom Pain. Their opinion isn't one to take with any seriousness.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Oct 25, 2017
This is petty. This is a videogame forum and people speculate things based on little information. Nothing wrong with that. What do you expect people to do? Sitting here all day quiet waiting for the reviews to drop?

Okay, let me clear something up.

I don't have a problem with opinions, I have a problem with the way people put out their opinions.

If a game is revealed, and you claim that the combat has devolved and it's not up for debate that it has not evolved and it has definitely devolved, then your take is kind of a shit take. You're ignoring the fact that it's just a reveal without any supplementary details out, and you're essentially making conclusive statements without many details out.

That's what's in the screenshots.

But you know what, I'm just a creeper who sits around bookmarking posts all day.

Whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.