• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
It's hitting 95 if GB is really giving it a 10.

2709857-0767708386-27032.gif

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
As a technical achievement, the single shot is mind-bending, a never-ending "how did they pull this off?" Open-world sequences seamlessly transition into cinematic showdowns into lengthy trips in the canoe — without a stutter. Because the game can't cut away, or skip ahead in time or space, you must follow Kratos on every step from one location to the next. As a result of the decision, the world is big and condensed all at the same time. There's a lot to see, but God of War's designers have been creative in how they minimize backtracking. Generally, you can see where you're going or from where you came, as paths through castles and cliffsides have you doubling back, creating shortcuts or secret passages back to the main route. (You eventually gain access to a tool that makes travel simpler and faster, all without breaking the game's single long camera take. It's neat.

Now lets all remember that Cory wanted to try this in Tomb Raider and they laughed him out of the building.

"I wanted to do [the single shot camera technique] and I had pitched it to Crystal Dynamics when I was there working on Tomb Raider and everyone was like, 'That's crazy, we don't want to do that!'" he told the website. "And, my reaction was like, 'Yeah, y'know, I don't know if this is the best place for me anyway.'"

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Dang, I was pretty hyped to begin with after seeing the previews, but it's gonna be a long-ass week waiting for this. Need to power through FC5.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I think it means having any feeling/emotion other than rage.

Close, but still too inclusive. It also seems to require that your rage be directed toward anyone with an ounce of empathy for someone other than straight, white men of a compatible faith compatible. I've found that replacing all accusations of being politically correct with accusing people of basic empathy and decency doesn't really change the sentiment any, for what that's worth.

I am so beyond pumped for God of War. I can't bring myself to actually read any reviews because I've been on media blackout with limited exceptions since the original reveal. I was sold on day one and am delighted that they've apparently delivered on the promise I saw.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it hits 95, it'll drop back down to 94 after release when all the smaller outlets put their reviews out.

The current ranking means it has a good chance of staying at 94, rather than being knocked down to 93.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
What happens if it hits 95%? Does everyone orgasm at the same time globally? Should I plan to have a change of underwear on hand? I am scared.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would be fun for it to reach 95 only to be knocked down by a singular score of 7 and then nerd Internet explodes

Ikaruga

Oct 27, 2017
Austria

I'm somehow glad I still rock a PS4 Slim, not a Pro. At 4 Minutes the reviewer talks about performance and resolution mode and how the PS4 Base-Version was the better experience because it held the 30FPS most of the time, while the Pro at 4K had stutters and in Performance Mode the frame rate was fluctuating a lot not really reaching that 60FPS Target for the most part...

Why didn't they just make a Performance Mode at 1440p with 30 rock solid fps instead? All in all I think this game is another casualty of the 4K hype and the 60FPS my TV displays 1440p just fine and it's always better to have a constant 30fps instead of 60 you never truly reach...

Last edited:

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a sign of quality that the absolute lowest score this game has got so far is an 8.

Like the reviewer who has liked it the least out of anyone still thinks it's an 8. The consistency of scores in the 9-10 range is pretty crazy.

z1yin9c

Nov 8, 2017
It is like European champions league, you can play good football to reach semi-finals but some luck to win it.
You can try hard to make a game to be 90+, but you need some black magic to be 95+......

Status
Not open for further replies.