dex3108

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

View: https://x.com/VGC_News/status/1796307868678779385?t=xl7xd2Pd6PmmO1s-5o8Xsg&s=19

Sony revealed during its State of Play presentation that the game would be coming to PC on September 19.

However, a blog post about the game notes: "Account for PlayStation Network is required."

The game's Steam page also confirms this, saying: "PlayStation Network Account required, subject to the PlayStation Terms of Services and User Agreement."

This was further confirmed at the start of the State of Play presentation, with a statement reading: "Sony Inveractive Entertainment games for PC require an account for PlayStation Network."

The restriction theoretically means the game will not be available to buy in any of the more than 170 countries where Steam is available but the PlayStation Network isn't.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
yIojHb9.png

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
And it's confirmed blocked in our country again (SEA region).

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Assume everything will going forward. Probably gonna put that useless PSN overlay into every game.

Cronen

Oct 27, 2017
I can only assume it's because of the PSN Overlay that they unveiled alongside Ghost of Tsushima that they plan to use in future games?

poklane

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
This is probably just a marketing fuck up, I'd be very surprised if this isn't just for the PlayStation overlay. If it isn't, and the entire game is indeed online only, then Sony is about go get a ton of hate and deservedly so.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
guess it wont be sold in countries where psn isnt supported then

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
You know what's annoying, there's ZERO communication from Sony regarding this region locks.

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
I'm so glad to live in a Sony Interactive Entertainment approved country! Why doesn't everyone just move somewhere to make a PlayStation® Network account? Are they stupid?

DuckSauce

Powered by Friendship™
Aug 19, 2023
Wait, as in required only for the online component or required completely? If it is a complete requirement then that is kind of fucked mate, shouldn't be a requirement for the singleplayer portion.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well I guess that this means no more Sony games for me. Oh well more money for other games.

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
Wait, as in required only for the online component or required completely? If it is a complete requirement then that is kind of fucked mate, shouldn't be a requirement for the singleplayer portion.
Their exact wording is "PlayStation Network Account required, subject to the PlayStation Terms of Services and User Agreement"

There's no multiplayer mode here so it's required outright

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Sony will make regional keys and sell them through resellers of various shades because this way they will be able to get the sales while avoiding the legal limitations.
Just like they did with HD2 and GOT.
It's stupid as hell, yeah.
I haven't seen any keysellers selling them. They either say the key can't be activated or the page doesn't exist.

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
So what. Easy enough to make one.
Where are the mods for dismissive posts like this when millions of people across 170+ countries won't be able to play a game they have been excited to play for almost two years?

This is a real issue that should not be swept under the rug. It's a terrible decision for the players, great for Sony's short-term KPIs.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
It seems...so dumb that alot of people won't be able to legitimately buy the game, so they will have to resort to other means if they want the game.
Why give them no option to purchase the game? Simply lost sales.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
But... why?? I was fine with the Helldivers 2 thing (as stupid as it was) but God of War is literally a fully singleplayer game, why are they requiring a PSN account for it? Ragnarok isn't going to sell nearly as well as 2018 did on Steam because of this shit, goddamn

DuckSauce