• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Expel

Oct 25, 2017

they just announced the platforms on the 8 years anniversary of GE Live stream

DZCwLumX4AAiX_m.jpg:large

while waiting for official trailer here's the ripped one

Last edited:

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
No portable, likely no buy, sadly. Much prefer this genre on handhelds.

Toukiden I'd make an exception for though.

Netto-kun

Oct 27, 2017
Demo play from livestream right now. New weapon shown so far is dual blade. Oh looks like it can morph into what is it called, double blade?

Last edited:

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Monster hunter world has shown what this genre can do if you put it on home consoles. I hope it continues.

I'll agree with you there, but as far as God Eater goes it's hard for me to stop viewing it as a PSP/Vita franchise. Will be interesting to see if it can compete on consoles with Capcom's monster.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
No portable, likely no buy, sadly. Much prefer this genre on handhelds.

Toukiden I'd make an exception for though.

Exactly. Monster hunting genre is very grindy, not suitable for TV gaming. Free time at home is a luxury only a lucky few have.

My GE2 play time was around 95 hours and it's impossible for me to do so on a home console. I won't be playing this even though I want to, sadly. Unless Sony decides to create a portable PS4. Man I miss the days when I can attach a screen to my PSone and take it to anywhere.

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
I'll agree with you there, but as far as God Eater goes it's hard for me to stop viewing it as a PSP/Vita franchise. Will be interesting to see if it can compete on consoles with Capcom's monster.

Do you still view Monster hunter as a PSP/3DS franchise? If not, what is the difference between what is happening with It and God Eater?

Plumpbiscuit

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The 1st 2 games had an interesting story but man those grindy missions put me off.... please tell me GE3 does away with all that pointless grinding.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
The first two games were fine but I'm not really hyped about a God Eater 3. I hope it'll be good though

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Do you still view Monster hunter as a PSP/3DS franchise? If not, what is the difference between what is happening with It and God Eater?

Monster Hunter didn't start on portables, God Eater did.

The scope of the latter was designed for portables. Monster Hunter games have always been somewhat more ambitious, World far more so.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
looks fine. I hope the structure of the game isn't as bad and repetitive as 1/2 that had minimal unique content now that it's a console game.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God Eater is finally free from handheld limitations. I'd love to see what they can come up without it this time.
"free"? It literally only exists because the handheld market saved the hunting genre. GE was only created because of it.

I wonder if this kind of post would be acceptable if it was PC people celebrating games skipping "console ghetto".

FantasyZone

Oct 25, 2017
A bit disappointed it's skipping handhelds. Can't really see myself bothering with the game even with a Steam release.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
"free"? It literally only exists because the handheld market saved the hunting genre. GE was only created because of it.

I wonder if this kind of post would be acceptable if it was PC people celebrating games skipping "console ghetto".

A bit disappointed it's skipping handhelds. Can't really see myself bothering with the game even with a Steam release.
I fully expect the MH clones (GE, Toukiden) to try to replicate the MH:W success by going Console/ PC cause apparently Graphics do matter over anything and is what saved World

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Not interested in port-begging discussions, i will just admit that i was wrong on this one. I was certain that Bamco would bring this one too Switch as well because it didnt look like it was going to push the PS3 graphic wise.

And thats all - in my opinion Bamco has been quite the solid Switch supporter, though they sometimes seem less flexible than other publishers.

PS. For the western release i would assume that they could/would still a Xbox One versions - especially after MHWs performance on the Xbox.

Edit:

Yeah looking at the footage i still dont quite understand it - MHW looks like a gen ahead of this, with MHW it was immediately clear why and that it has been developed from the ground up for PS4/XBO.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I fully expect the MH clones (GE, Toukiden) to try to replicate the MH:W success by going Console/ PC cause apparently Graphics do matter over anything and is what saved World
What saved World was having actual advertising whilst showing off the coolest parts of the game. I fully expect God Eater 3 to do poorly because it's not going to be advertised correctly.

OP
OP

Expel

Oct 25, 2017
Not interested in port-begging discussions, i will just admit that i was wrong on this one. I was certain that Bamco would bring this one too Switch as well because it didnt look like it was going to push the PS3 graphic wise.

And thats all - in my opinion Bamco has been quite the solid Switch supporter, though they sometimes seem less flexible than other publishers.

PS. For the western release i would assume that they could/would still a Xbox One versions - especially after MHWs performance on the Xbox.

for some reason G.E. Team games are not on any Nintendo platforms lol

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
This looks like a low budget effort, PS3 era graphics. It's not gonna compete with MHW.

Same with Tales, SAO, Code Vein etc, Bamco seriously need to sort out their graphics

Oct 26, 2017

GE was created to follow the MH success because well MH was only on handheld consoles.
Now MHW proved to be way more successful on home console in the West and of course all the MH-clones like GE3 and the next Toukiden will probably come on home consoles.

And this GE looks cheap with low budget production, they are not going to fire the charts with this one.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
What saved World was having actual advertising whilst showing off the coolest parts of the game. I fully expect God Eater 3 to do poorly because it's not going to be advertised correctly.
Now MHW proved to be way more successful on home console in the West and of course all the MH-clones like GE3 and the next Toukiden will probably come on home consoles.

im not denying that, World success is based on many many factors other than
ITS FINALLY FREE OF THE EVIL HANDHELDS!!!
many of those factors I fully expect wont be present in GE 3.

anyway I liked the series (and the Ufotable Anime) so it being on Steam is good enough for me

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Didn't really play much even though I have both games, the enemy design just struck out with me. This one looks a better though so may be worth a look.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Lets be fair though....GE3 is just one of many Bamco projects, while MHW was likely the most important Capcom release of the last decade. Of course the investments are on complete different level.

I dont see many people bothering with GE3 if Capcom keep delivering content to MHW or at Steam once MHW drop there as well.##
for some reason G.E. Team games are not on any Nintendo platforms lol
Heh true...i didnt realize that.
Cant fault them, if they think thats where there main audience is - there also at least have Steam releases thats one good thing about most Bamco console excusives.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GE was created to follow the MH success because well MH was only on handheld consoles.

And this GE looks cheap with low budget production, they are not going to fire the charts with this one.
I never said it shouldn't be on consoles, but this whole "free from portables" thing is ridiculous and kinda disrespectful. Genre is alive today because of handhelds, these games weren't hostages. The PSP saved it and implying that "one game = sales for all the others" is just assuming too much.

This is more kind of celebrating other systems aren't getting games than being happy about console/PC support. Posts like this wouldn't be allowed if they were about people happy about games skipping PC or PS4 for some reason.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017

Edit:

Yeah looking at the footage i still dont quite understand it - MHW looks like a gen ahead of this, with MHW it was immediately clear why and that it has been developed from the ground up for PS4/XBO.
I think it already said it will release Xbox One version for west, i remember i read an old gaf thread about GE3's platform in last year.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Member has been warned: port begging.
Getting this or another title on Switch would be the fair thing to do for those who have stuck with this series on handheld.

Oct 26, 2017
I never said it shouldn't be on consoles, but this whole "free from portables" thing is ridiculous and kinda disrespectful. Genre is alive today because of handhelds. The PSP saved it and implying that "one game = sales for all the others" is just assuming too much.

This is more kind of celebrating other systems aren't getting games than being happy about console/PC support. Posts like this wouldn't be allowed if they were about people happy about games skipping PC or PS4 for some reason.

Well, GE1 and GE2 were PSVITA ports on PS4 and PC with various limitations just like Toukiden, it's not disrespectful to say "free from portable limitations".

Mar 23, 2018
I read that as PS4 and Saturn -_-

You think that's bad? I thought it said "God of War 3 confirmed for PS4 and Steam" and I was ready to post a gigantic "What the absolute fuck". Gotta rest my eyes...

As for God Eater, these games are usually compared to Monster Hunter right? If that's the case, I also find odd that there's no Switch release. Is there any title taking care of the "Monster Hunter-like" genre in Switch's catalogue? I know there's MHXX but that's not in the west. If there's not, I find it odd that they're not taking advantage of the opportunity.

Also, I now wonder if we'll see more games in the Soul Sacrifice series.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I think it already said it will release Xbox One version for west, i remember i read an old gaf thread about GE3's platform in last year.
....but we just got the plattform confirmation today. Yes, the likelihood is high...but i dont dont think we have had a real confirmation yet.
Getting this or another title on Switch would be the fair thing to do for those who have stuck with this series on handheld.
They def. would have had less competition on Switch - while i like GE...i think this one will have a tough time competing with MHW if Capcom keeps delivering on content.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, GE1 and GE2 were PSVITA ports on PS4 and PC with various limitations just like Toukiden, it's not disrespectful to say "free from portable limitations".
Home console limits games from their true high end PC potential too, but it isn't considered ok to celebrate a game skipping PS4/Xbox/Switch because of it.

To some people, a GE3 home console only limits them from playing it as this genre is too grindy. Anyway, I wasn't going to post anything, they decided to make it PS4/PC and it's fine. It's just obnoxious to see this portable hate being acceptable here, even more for a genre that only exists because of these systems...

mao2

Oct 28, 2017

Edit:

That's why we shouldn't be making ridiculous statements. :P Also I just realized that a year has already gone by since then... oh man.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Hadn't they made some statement about how they'd have to overhaul the series to keep it interesting, at least quality wise or some such, this looks roughly the same to me, disappointing.

....but we just got the plattform confirmation today. Yes, the likelihood is high...but i dont dont think we have had a real confirmation yet.

They def. would have had less competition on Switch - while i like GE...i think this one will have a tough time competing with MHW if Capcom keeps delivering on content.
If anything with GE being what it is and MHW having done the changes it has done, the gap is narrower than before. Of course it won't do anywhere near as good, not the same IP and marketing prowess.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda figured with them moving to a console they would beef it up more. Doesn't look that changed up but ill give it a try.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Imagine the mayhem if X or Y game were to be PC only so "its free from Console limitation"

Like seriously (a bit off topic) people have the right to get mad when a game tehy have played for years on a device they own, not about expanding to other (the more the merrier) but stops showing up on the device that have sustained it for years or even generations.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
back on topic, this will sound extremely hypocrite given how much I dread "developer over focusing on graphics" I wish when it comes to make Anime like games, developer will try to go beyond the :just make it CELL Shading" visuals. refine em

3D anime have evolve a lot laterly,

Oct 26, 2017
Like seriously (a bit off topic) people have the right to get mad when a game tehy have played for years on a device they own, not about expanding to other (the more the merrier) but stops showing up on the device that have sustained it for years or even generations.

GE was a PSVITA exclusive and GE2 is a PSVITA/PS4/PC title, but PSVITA is dead in the west, it's not that smart to release another GE on a dead console in the West, compared to PS4/PC.
GE was never on Nintendo Platforms for some reasons.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Imagine being this upset that someone prefers games on consoles over handhelds. :P

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
That's why we shouldn't be making ridiculous statements. :P Also I just realized that a year has already gone by since then... oh man.
Well i wouldnt say that " I think GE3 could be on Switch as well" is such a ridiculous statement to begin with xD But i guess Bamco or Project GE disagrees.

I never understand why they always make a drama about the plattform when it always ends up being on PS4 anyway lol. Just a couple things that western devs/pubs handle way better...fells like many jp publisher tease all the time for the most obvious information hah.